Author Topic: Hey Luffies  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2003, 11:34:39 PM »
so do i, because i never even mentioned anything about squads, remember, i simply tossed out raw numbers over ch 1.

but remember, conditions do fluctuate in the CT; it wouldn't hurt to be flexible, would it? it's not like you have to wait 12 hours to switch back.

did you guys suggest *other* allied people go axis to help the imbalance (which went on for quite a while)? i'm one of the first to switch sides when i see an imbalance growing. perhaps you and vf27 (your sister squad) could alternate missions (or even squad nites) to provide you some opfor?

p.s.  you guys don't wanna go to MA, you'd likely get hurt. :D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Grissom

• Zinc Member
Thanks for the offers...
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2003, 12:54:11 AM »
Originally posted by Löwe
Hmmm.
Guess we're just not welcome here anymore....

to help me start a squad up.  Really.  I do appreciate it and am... honored that so many of you would help me, a relative unknown asset in the community, so readily.  (Och, my speeling is on the flop!)

Maybe someday I will take you up on the offers. :cool:   But for now, I don't feel I have the respect, or reputation that is needed to deserve such attention from the learned masses. :o

It is not a matter of could I run the squad.  It is more like would they respect my directions/orders?  Then how long before those hurrying to join, get disillusioned with my management style?  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  We all get disillusioned eventually, and those leaving make room for a stronger core unit, etc...

IF I WERE TO DO IT:  My criteria would be...

1. Have fun!

2. Help others, especially the new guy when/if you can.

3. Fly/Drive/Swim S-M-A-R-T!  Land sorties as often as possible.

4. Be prepared to counter over balanced sides in the G-A-M-E.

5. See rule number 1.

That is if I were to start a squad. :D

Thanks again for all the offers, and Löwe (I did umlat YES!)  Thank God I noticed your 'cheeky' face.   Almost embarrassed myself calling you down for that one.
*S*

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2003, 01:37:26 AM »
It serves everyone best interest, at least those interested in maintaining a healthy CT, to try and maintain a decency of numbers balance in the CT.

Fly whatever you want, whenever you want, but truth is its better for everyone invloved to:

1) maintain healthy adversary numbers
2) maintain time in all avaliable machines

Again, when its 30 Bish and 5 knights, I go to MA

When its 25 bish and 15 nits I go nits, and visa vis.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2003, 11:01:08 AM »
Last time I am posting on this thread, you cant make up other peoples minds all I can do is explain. On squad night we fly allied almost always, I said almost, Tues night for example side were uneven the Hellcats switched to LW to help balance the #s thats fine was glad to do it even tho it was our squad night. Thurs night when we all logged on the CT was overloaded plenty of people on both sides we decided to run a Co Op  with the Checkertails still plenty of #s on both sides, what happened dont know MA came back up I guess, we start the mission, not to take a field no goons,  guess we should have just returned to base and dropped the mission but what the hell it had already started so we ran the mission, not to take field that was not the purpose, just to run an organized co-op with another squad. Next thing we know we are getting grief about #s some things were said and here we go again, turned into a pissing match about #s we were prepared to switch but no everone has to jump the gun start damn whining so we didnt. Prolly made things worse but we all have feelings about things and sometimes we dont make the best choices. I think its unfair to blame a few squads for the trouble in the ct, its just not true. The 325th and ourselves have swithced many times to even things out, not always but sometimes. Im sorry if on one of our squad nights some of the numbers get out of whack, but when it is the planes we like to fly, F6 andF4U we are not changing, luckily the 325th usually changes to axis to help out and when they have their planes in the CT 51 and 47 we change to help if #s are uneven, both squads have done it many times, but you guys cant expect it every time. Chances are that when we logged on and the MA would have been up the Hellcats would have gone axis and took on the 325th, this time it didnt happened and all we got was grief and name calling (yes we did it too), so if you guys think that squads arent good for the ct maybe we will go with the 325th to the ma when the numbers are bad and get out butts handed to us as some suggest, if that makes the ct better for you all then thats what we can do. Havent talked to the 880 about this yet either but im sure they feel the same as 325th and VF27 we are all tired of the #s thing and squads, thats what we pay our money for, but what the heck I can fly in the MA and get shot down just as easy as the CT, no big deal. Thanks for you patience and any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2003, 11:36:33 AM »
The 325th flys tuesday and thursday night at 10pm est no matter what the numbers. Two nights outta seven, even if out numbered, is not the end of the world. Any other night there is an average of four or five on at a time.

Even when the numbers are even, a givn fight is not. However, it usually ends up in a typical steady line leading to a furball in the middle. It also ends up that one side eventualy pushes the other side back to their base then its vulch time. Its the same thing every night.

As I said before, this issue is not something new. Its been around for years. AH CA is not that old but the issue is the same even for other sims. People come and people go, it will never change.

Last night for the first time in a long time I decided to furball. I entered a fight no matter the numbers. Out of some 30 or more sorties I shot down plenty, even vulched plenty but I only landed a handfull of times due to the endless incomming cons. Some folks like that, .......I dont!

Shane thats where I understand your argument bud, however its not going to change. You are angry because guys dont want to fight you with less than 3 to 1. Well, we all know that you are an good sim pilot, so why go up against you and get shot down all the time. There are only four or five guys that could probably shoot you down on a give take bases. Its simply that if you continue to always shoot down rookies or guys like me that dont care if I get better, YOU will run them away from the CT with your attitude, as well as mine at times. Your attitude on CH 1 will run off more guys than "guys being out numbered". I caint say it enough, players will come and go, but AH and other sims as well as the world, will keep right on spinning!

If you want the CT to grow, you, I and everyone else needs to just shut-up and fly.

Been there, done that.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2003, 12:15:14 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Its simply that if you continue to always shoot down rookies or guys like me that dont care if I get better

shooting down rookies is not much challenge or fun, but i at least hope *they* would like to get better.  i've said this again and again, i don't mind 2 on 1, or some 3 on 1, nor being at a disadvantage in alt or e.  it's the 1,2,3,4 who swoop down while i'm already engaged with 2 or 3 that i find simply... well, lame. it's depriving the ones engaged already a good fight and learning experience. they learn nothing when the kill they're working so hard to earn is plucked right out of their hands. is that so hard a concept to understand? the only way to get better is to simply take one's lumps and learn from them. this has nothing to do with running squad-orientated missions. as for *you* personally having no desire to improve, well.... what can i say?

you know, i've seen numerous people from MA come in see way off-kilter #'s and leave, remarking upon that, "I can find the same thing in MA."   people wander in to give CT a chance becaude they're tired of the MA or would like to see the historical matchup part (and cool terrains) and when they find themselves in an MA-like environment, they'll leave and probably won't bother coming back because in the MA at least they can ride what they feel comfortable in.

i don't have any real problems with squads or squad nights; taking the 63-21 nite as an example, it didn;t bother me so much that the #'s were so off kilter because a large chunk of that was running their mission unopposed sectors away. i was hoping that with more balanced #'s you could have at least had some opposition, because even 5 LW guys weren't going to try and oppose a 20-30 player allied mission. but if having missions like that go unopposed floats your boat, well... .

now you can see where i'm coming from on 2 issues... local and arena #'s.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Hey Luffies
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2003, 01:31:16 PM »
If the 325th, vf27, and the 880 abandoned the ct, you would probably get your 1 to 1.  1 guy as bish and 1 as knight.

As far as this arguement is concerned, my solution would be to never ever change from allied under any circumstance.  We used to do it nearly every week.  It got us nothing but grief, so I say screw it.  

I suggest two new running orders for the vf27.

1. Never switch to axis.
2. Squelch 1 as soon as we log on.  

I can still salute a guy after a good fight, just cant see his response I guess.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2003, 01:49:36 PM »
ergRTC I agree. I think the 350th...or at least I, need to as well.

Shane I have to sit here and recall my WBs days flying the zero. When I first started flying it, I was landing kill after kill in it. I got real good in it. I even had a 32 some odd kill streak in it. Over time no one person would fight a zero. Eventually, it became a B&Z with F4Us. I started squeaking about it on UBB how no one wanted to turn fight any more. I actually sounded like you. I even squeaked about the B-25 dogfighters etc etc etc. Nothing new bud. Its all old news.Hell, look at my posts in here when I first joined up. I came in AH with a bad tast already in my mouth.  Lowejg straighted my bellybutton out AGAIN! My point being that your attitude as well as mine or anyone elses will not help anything. Try just flying with out yelling or giving it up. You caint beat a dog and expect it to like you.

I thought I was the worse at complaining and ragging guys about flying till I met you.

AH CT all time worse complainers:
Shane
P6EHawk
Odee

Lets work at not doing this. This alone will help the CT.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2003, 02:20:39 PM »
Sorry Lowe and Jester, I just have to make one post on this.

Seems to me that the CT has become an old womens bingo night, where they gossip and cry about how much money they lost.  I for one will do what my CO and XO say,  if that means I fly Zero's to help out the numbers with the VF-27 on their PTO's, I will.  I signed on with the 325th to fly ailled planes,  not to fly with the LW.  If some of you can't understand that, I am sorry.  We all have to live with disappointment in our lives.  I pay my $14.95 a month just like everyone else does, so that means if I want to fly with my squad on tuesdays and thursdays I have the option of doing it. This whole thing to me seems like a stalemate, will not get resolved in this post or any other posts.  

I have spent many a night in the Zero and in the Yak being killed by VF-27 and the Finns,  and life does go on.....

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2003, 03:16:12 PM »
I know what would solve problems, maybe?  If High Tech developed a CT for squads.  You could have your missions, wouldn't have to worry about gangbanging cause if your smart you will fly with your squad.  Then they can have the CT for the Historical DA... Just an idea

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Hey Luffies
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2003, 03:16:29 PM »
NP Stream.

I just talked to jester and we agree that this is a problem we can help with. Checkertails check your e-mails. Jester and I are going to resign from the 325th. We will help the 325th adjust to a leadership change, all website material and artwork stays with the 325th. Jester and I are going to start trying to build Jagdgeschwader-3 " Udet". This will be a dedicated Axis squad for CT. LW, It, and IJ. I've had a blast with the 325th , but if we can bring numbers to the Axis side on Tuesdays, and Thursdays, maybe it will make for a better CT.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2003, 03:31:35 PM »
Löwe and Jester-
All due respect sirs, this is NOT the answer I was looking for.  If you do this plan I will only stay on with the 325th as long as the LW squad is a sister to the 325th and we can freely fly with both.  You and Jester are two of the pilots that I have learned from the most and I feel that the 325th is in no position to lose you two, no disrespect intended to Stream, Hawk, or any of the other great sticks in the 325th.  I more or less started AH in the 325th and have loved every minute of it but this new answer has me a little discouraged.  However, that being said, if you and Jester leave to form Udet I must honestly say that I will leave the 325th as well and join you guys if you will have me.  I personally don't see how this will change things in the CT as the numbers will only go to the other side but I respect your decision and will carry on smartly if this is what you truly feel is right.  

V/R
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Hey Luffies
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2003, 03:58:51 PM »
Thanks DTX.
I promise you this won't swing the numbers too far. Theres plenty of guys who want to stayed Allied. Besides it's a fact Axis is almost always out numbered. If you want to fly LW with us, we would love to have you abaord. However if your inclined to fly Allied, stay there you should be flying what you want to fly. and thanks.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Hey Luffies
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2003, 05:01:14 PM »
Lowe andi I hate to see you two do this again.  Please reconsider!  

As for the 325th, you guys can always work group ops with us, or maybe we can even meld the two squads into a real command structure.  Give them less to whine about when we fly together.  This may be worth discussing more in a dedicated thread.  (good for recruiting too).

We have always wanted to get a dedicated bomber wing going so maybe between the two squads we can do something even better.  And maybe even  little more annoying to some...  

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Hey Luffies
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2003, 05:21:31 PM »
GREAT see what all this whining and squeaking has done.  Now the CO and XO have resigned from the 325th.  NOW I AM MAD AS HELL.  Lowe and Jester, I really don't want to see you guys go from our squad, seriously you guys are the back bone of it, a lot of guys will feel the same as I do.