Author Topic: Radar and Big Numbers in the MA  (Read 246 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Radar and Big Numbers in the MA
« on: February 28, 2003, 10:42:33 PM »
I am noticing that radar on the map cannot keep up with current numbers in the MA.

When the numbers get over 600 its the norm to see dar bars both green and red in the center of the map, even though noone is there.  Most visible on a map like Uterus.

Also its not uncommon to see frozen bars and cons on dar when the #'s are big.  You will see a bar in a sector or even a dot on the map, yet... you fly to the location, and there is nothing there.

Dots and the bar maybe frozen for minutes, even hours...

Don't think I am alone on this observation am I?

SKurj

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 10:52:04 PM »
heh I'd like to add on that
With large numbers of players online, drawing all of those dots and bars on the map takes a lot of CPU.  As does drawing the vehicle spawn arrows(Try checking your framerate with them on and off)

HT, Is there any way you can stop the clipboard from drawing when it's 'closed'??

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 06:58:31 AM »
saw dots frozen on map for half hours and almost an hour a few times this past night.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 11:36:29 AM »
Solution:

Transmit radar bar information to everyone.
Transmit dot radar only for aircraft in the radar range of one field. Default is take-off field, switchable by .radar .

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 12:03:52 PM »
Our guys have been noticing oddities with the radar also.

Most peculiar was a few nights ago. Four of us chased flashing fields way behind our lines near our hq. The flashing fields changed just as if a plane were moving through the area. We had it surrounded several times but never saw a dot either in the sky or on radar. Maybe we've been invaded by aliens.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.