Author Topic: Artwork  (Read 146 times)

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Artwork
« on: August 06, 1999, 12:49:00 AM »
Is there going to be low and Hi-rez artwork? If so what are the chances of using 800x600 instead of 1024x768. Seems like it would be less CPU intensive and smaller FPS hit,not to mention a lot easier on the eyes.

------------------
weazel }]
"Imagination is More Important Than Intelligence"
Albert Einstein

Offline fats

• Copper Member
Artwork
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 1999, 02:27:00 AM »
There's support so far for 640, 800 and 1024. As far as I understand there should be no art work download as the cockpits will be polygons, you can render them in any resolution from the same set of vertices. If they use 2D art masks somewhere else in the game I guess you might have to get them. I guess they'll have things like menu buttons and such with the base download for different resolutions or big enough to begin with that they don't become microscopic at 1024.

//fats

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Artwork
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 1999, 09:06:00 AM »
There will not be any 2D art to download.  All of the objects in the world (including cockpits) are 3d models.  This will allow you to fly in any of the 3 resolutions you choose.  As for now, I don't know of any 2D masks that will be involved, and I don't know why we would even use them at this point.  If we did use 2D buttons for some interface stuff, the files would be so small that you wouldn't have to download a massive art package.  Everyone gets the same artwork.  What really determines how good it looks is your 3d card....and how well we can draw of course.  

------------------
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
"The Artist Formerly Known As MONKEY"

John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting