Author Topic: So you want to be a fighter pilot...  (Read 1650 times)

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
So you want to be a fighter pilot...
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2003, 02:04:53 AM »
Maybe I fly at the wrong hours but I've never seen a Stuka of Val being flown so well that I couldn't catch it or being pinged even. Had a Ju-88 dogfight me once though, I nearly died from laughing. I didn't get him, he chose to do so over a capped field so he had to fight a whole horde, but it was funny.

Akak's list is interesting, most of the planes he mentiones are indeed a bit harder, but most of them I managed to get kills in without too much trouble (and not too far away from friendlies :D)
What I really have trouble with is hitting something with 30mm and above, even the 20mm Mg151 give me trouble.

Another problem in the learning curve is dicerning what sort of pilot you're up against. Maybe 5% is really good but the rest?

This week I was flying the N1K2 for a change when my field got just captured. I was mauled badly by ack, lost a fuel tank, flap and aileron and decided to limp away. Two La-7's gave chase, one wisely gave up after the first hard turn, the second was foolish enough to try to dogfight me on the deck, I got him when he reversed too close to me.