Author Topic: Feature Request's...  (Read 421 times)

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Feature Request's...
« on: March 01, 2003, 12:01:06 AM »
A few things I think would improve gameplay:

1. Being able to change gun sights in tanks.
2. Ability to re-arm and refuel aircraft same as tanks. (Field Rearm)
3. Muzzle Flash from tanks and BB Guns, in appropriate direction
4. Ability to turn all of the above on and off indepentantly to allow players to choose their reality / FPS curve.

Just a thought.

2Hawks

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Feature Request's...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 12:37:43 PM »
err you can rearm and refuel aircraft...stop on the white mesh near the end of the runway

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
Clarification...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2003, 05:16:33 PM »
Perhaps I should clarify...

2. Ability to re-arm and refuel aircraft same as tanks. (Field Rearm)

While GV's have the ability to 'Hot pad' like the planes can, the planes cannot 're-arm' like the tanks can.

As an exampple, you have just become a glider but you are able to land in the grass somewhere, or between the runways at the airfield. Someone in a M3 or Goon can drop the supplies you need to re-arm and refuel wherever you are.

A good example of where this would be useful is tank city on the trinity map. You can fly around for only so long before having to return, ditch, or land at a vehicle base. With this ability, a squad could base themselves in the cauldron and be re-supplied by transports instead of having to fly out and back in. Something like an impromtu forwad base.

Perhaps the supplies could be seperated by drops. Fuel drop, Ammo drop, Repairs (Parts) etc.

2Hawks

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Feature Request's...
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2003, 10:09:55 PM »
Hmm ... dunno `bout this last one here. While I can see a tank crew being able to rearm and refuel from a supply drop, I suspect pilots would have a tough time performing tasks that are routine for groundcrews at fields and bases. The rearming sounds like it's not a solo/in-the-field operation to me... could be wrong. Even the refueling sounds like it would be a "stretch". What gets dropped? Several five gallon containers spread over a large area? One large drum that hopefully doesn't rupture with a pump and the proper amount of hose to reach the plane and a private to either operate the pump or hold the nozzle? Just hard for me to visualize it being realistic or practical for ditched/landed fighters away from the field.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Re: Feature Request's...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2003, 10:25:41 PM »
Originally posted by 2Hawks
1. Being able to change gun sights in tanks.

We can already do this...

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
Actual off field reloading / refueling...
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 10:44:33 PM »
It has happened that planes have landed 'Off field' and been refueled. ABout rearming I have to admit I don't know for sure. But in two instances I can think about in the history of the black sheep squadron, they refueled away from base. On both occasions and probably more, they had a pby or PT drop off the fuel. perhaps we might have a new purpose for the PT or a new plane?

Anyhow, I will look into more historical  references to list here.

See you in the skies

2Hawks.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Feature Request's...
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 08:59:58 AM »
Originally posted by WldThing
We can already do this...
Really? How? I've tried to change the main gun sight with no success. It works on the planes, but can't get it to work on the tank guns.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
Main Tank Sight,
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 09:16:57 AM »
Yes please do share the wisdom as I have a ton of actual sights to use and share... once I can test them that is...

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Feature Request's...
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 04:19:46 PM »
I know it can be changed on the ostie, but nah it cant be changed on the panzer and the tiger.

Offline KämpferAs

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.demonz.co.nz
Feature Request's...
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »
I know you can in the Osty, but what about in the heavies?

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Feature Request's...
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 06:53:33 PM »
Originally posted by WldThing
but nah it cant be changed on the panzer and the tiger.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Panzer Gunsight on wish list
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2003, 12:30:16 PM »
I would like to modify the Tanks gun sight too but the range ladder seems to be hard coded.

I would like to see if Hitech could add an extra layer in front of the range ladder for us to add our notations.  A bit map would be too big but if we could specify a graphic object resource file with the locations on the ladder and individual 32x32 bit pic objects, then it would be worth it for players to develop a bit map range finder we could install, even a GUI utility to handle modifying and building the file if Htc released the file format.  The new "gun sight" wouldn't be as good as an optical range finder but good enough to approximate range for a few specific targets, like say another tank. :D

Hmm, wonder if Hitech already uses such a system for the ladder?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Major_Hans

• Copper Member
Feature Request's...
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2003, 06:33:49 PM »
I vote no for this ability to rearm and refuel planes that landed in the middle of nowhere by parachute drop.  I doesn't sound like anything they ever did in WW-2, and AH2 is supposed to be MORE realistic, not less.  You either make it back to base, or you lose the plane.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Feature Request's...
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2003, 02:39:19 AM »
Actually there were many cases where fuel was flown to downed pilots.  Aircraft were far too valuable to abandon even if in need of disassembly and transport back to an airfield for repairs.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001