Author Topic: I have a good one here :  (Read 1442 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
I have a good one here :
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
Arghhh...I hate these teenages who come into the game and give other teenagers a bad name...I am 16, and some people in the arena say things about me that are just plain weird. "AH is an adults game." and "Isn't it past your bedtime you little kid?"

I need someone to vouch for me...to show that not all teenagers are like this...I fly as semperfi in the arena...have I ever done something like this?

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"
In arena: semperfi

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
I have a good one here :
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2001, 12:20:00 PM »
Wow Semper!  I always thought of you as an adult, your behavior and your comradeship portrays you as alot older than you are, an attribute that you will benefit from in your working life! <S>

Moose11

I have a good one here :
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2001, 12:56:00 PM »
Yeah< i hear ya Semper.

18 here and definitely striving to beat out the bad rap us kiddie's are usually getting.

Best case is to keep a cool head and joke around a lot - people might not respect the 'teen' crowd in AH, but they'll respect individuals.

AKSeaWulfe

I have a good one here :
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
You'd be surprised....

The average FPS player blurts out vulgarities every other or sometimes every word in the chat buffer. Something like %&^% coward *&%*%$ $*&$*% %*$#& %$*&$ butt*$&^er.
The average FPS player is in their early to mid 20s too.

So if you think it's teenagers doing most of that garbage, think twice. It's usually some dumb 25 year old living in his parent's basement working at Domino's for a living.

It's a lack of self control, something psychologists lock you into a padded cell with a restraining jacket on for a couple days if you exhibit this behaviour in public.

Thing is though, if these people carried on this way on the street (especially to me) they'd be making out with the concrete in no time flat.
-SW

Offline Ddriag

• Zinc Member
I have a good one here :
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »
What is it about the Internet. Normally sane people who never say boo to a goose become total raving psychopaths when they get in front of their computers. If people were this rude down the pub there'd be mayhem and carnage every night.... Hang on, there is in most pubs in Nottingham... Anyway, you see what I mean. Jest cos its anonymous and not face to face its no excuse to be rude and aggressive.

I love you all.

YOU B*****DS! AAAAAGHHHH>>>  

Offline fradim

• Zinc Member
I have a good one here :
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »
frenchy,

I know the feeling ;-) Even though my kills are much less often, I have seen some pathetic comments also. Looks like comments were done in public channel. In such case, I think community should react accordingly so that this guy realizes we don't support such behaviour. It's really frustrating when we see some unpleasant people talking BS in channel 1 without opposition. Something like:

"Touche pas mon pot!"

I know it was used in certain circumstances, but it works ;-)

[]

fradim

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
I have a good one here :
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2001, 06:42:00 PM »
texace, moose11, I'm with you guys. There are some people around that honestly make me ashamed of people my age. We need more people who don't think being teenaged is an excuse to be uncivil.

jato757

I have a good one here :
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2001, 07:41:00 PM »
i like what BIGuc said, argg f4u----- i had u both surrounded  

------------------

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
I have a good one here :
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2001, 09:12:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ddriag:
Normally sane people who never say boo to a goose become total raving psychopaths when they get in front of their computers.

Info rage?

Like road rage, except internet based.

(Actually I don't buy into this whole "rage" thing.  I think that the modern world is a bit more stressful and people are a whole lot less self controled.  Its all about "me" nowadays.)

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-