Author Topic: Tank Town  (Read 941 times)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Tank Town
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2003, 03:00:35 PM »
Originally posted by ccvi
Before tank town, ...result: even less players playing the game according to the rules defined by the manual.

It's either time to make pursuing the goal of the game more fun, or to disable field capture at all.

Rules!?! There ain't no shreckin rules. Everybody jes plays the way their amount of time on dictates. If they have a few hours to spend, they participate in some group's strategy, or come up with their own. If they only have a few minutes to be online they grab a quick, nimble ride and go huntin, or jump in a GV.
I say th game's danged near as perfect as it's gonna get. Leave it to HTC to figger out what to do next, and just enjoy what's there.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Tank Town
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2003, 03:19:57 PM »
How much fun is football, if one team decides not to fight for the win but just to throw all opponents to the ground?

Err, ok, bad example ;)

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Tank Town
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2003, 09:54:34 PM »
Originally posted by ccvi
How much fun is football, if one team decides not to fight for the win but just to throw all opponents to the ground?

Err, ok, bad example ;)

Ummmm... it's HTC's game, HTC wrote the manual, and HTC provided us with tank town surrounded by mountains to reduce interferance from planes... nuff said.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Tank Town
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2003, 11:02:36 PM »
Originally posted by Baine
.. but hey, if they're bad enough that they need to strafe panzers for kills, maybe they're more to be pitied than despised.
-----------
That's the way I feel about spawn campers (unless I happen to be setting up a tent at a nice juicy spot).
After playing Trinity a couple of times now, I've decided that while I like tank town, I much prefer the open valley on the main island of the islands map.
Spawn camping is virtually unheard of, and you can actually use tank tactics and improve your gunnery.
In tank town it's find out where they're spawning, park, turn off your vehicle and then start running up your score with point blank shots until somebody spawns and kills you while you're busy knocking somebody else off.

Actually, the isles terrain is where I got the idea. I enjoy the heck out of good gv battles. Unfortunately, in the isles, some banana in a plane would always come trash a field or harass the gvs...so....:).

Originally posted by AcId

20k mtns will make folks think twice about flying to Tank town but if they are there to keep folks out then the mtns should be 40k.

Making folks think twice was the objective (not the 'rule' :D). I wanted to discourage the casual wank from harassing the ground pounders. Of course, when it comes to the hardcore wanks.....they will find a way :D.

The spawn camping issues should be addressed (at least somewhat) when the terrain is updated. Each country will have a spawn located about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile behind their other spawns. This means the spawn campers should watch their butts :).

There is no 'rule' against doing what you want to do in the MA. Bottomline...have fun. That may not be the 'rule'...but it is dam sure the point :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Tank Town
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2003, 07:00:15 AM »
I had an awesome time taking a formation of Lancasters to tank town last night. It's amazing what 39,000 lbs of bombs will do to a town. Only got a couple of kills, but got a lot of satisfaction from dropping to tree top level and throwing rice at the panzers from my nose gun.  I am easily amused......hey is that a shiny object over there?.........................

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Tank Town
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2003, 04:29:44 PM »
lol..Salte NB..again..love this map...

I liek Tiger Town....

What i Like mor eis Grabbing my 110g2 with 4-20 's and 2-30's with boms...

Most kills i have had were 9 landed panzer kills...

FUN AS HELL!!!! Shoot them in there ass..make them bail out..DAM fun.....

1)I dont like when peopl take all the bases there..not till reset..

2) If you are crying your little panzy bellybutton bicth about Planes in Tiger town..Thats why HT and crew did a wonderful thing...YOU HAVE ANTI AIRCRAFT VEHICLES!!!...wow imagine that.. trust me..37mm and 50 cals will kill a plane easily....hell the pintles will kill

3) Planes in  Tiger Town serve another GREAT Purpose..Air Rrecon...I love when we have support saying.."hes creeping around back"..or .."VassPuddy is trying to camp on the hill..please go pee on his tent"

Love \
BiGB
xoxo

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Tank Town
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2003, 09:50:35 AM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel
I had an awesome time taking a formation of Lancasters to tank town last night. It's amazing what 39,000 lbs of bombs will do to a town. Only got a couple of kills, but got a lot of satisfaction from dropping to tree top level and throwing rice at the panzers from my nose gun.  I am easily amused......hey is that a shiny object over there?.........................

LOL!  I took a P38 over to see this tank town...as a Rook, the last Vbase in that area had fallen, so my only option was to take a plane to see it.  WOW.  Couldnt resist popping down and tossing my 2 1k bombs at a group of tanks just sitting in a nice lil group.  Whacked a tower trying to zoom in low for a peek...very cool city.  Later took an Ar 234 over, but ElGuapo got a lucky shot on one of my engines and I just couldnt climb above the ridgeline on one engine.  

Very cool area.  Make it plane free?  Heck no...

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Tank Town
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2003, 12:46:04 PM »
Bishops owned all of the Tank Town vehicle bases last night when I logged on at 8 EST (no telling how long they'd had them before that), then Knights staged an assault and worked their way to the western bases, captured them, and knocked down the southern bases around 10 EST.  Rooke panzer aces had to settle for capturing the airfields just south of tank town because a line of Bish airfields stood between us and Tank Town.  We never got a foothold in there because Bish retaliated at the two bases we captured that would've gotten us to a Tank Town vh by killing the troops in a counterstrike.  At least that's how it stood when I logged off at 12:30 EST.  Four and a half hours is my limit on AH.

Tank town must've been pretty quiet for 2-plus hours until the Knights finally got a base.  Rookes weren't invited to that dance, unfortunately, but we did manage to get close.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Tank Town
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2003, 01:15:43 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
Bishops owned all of the Tank Town vehicle bases last night when I logged on at 8 EST (no telling how long they'd had them before that), then Knights staged an assault and worked their way to the western bases, captured them, and knocked down the southern bases around 10 EST.  Rooke panzer aces had to settle for capturing the airfields just south of tank town because a line of Bish airfields stood between us and Tank Town.  We never got a foothold in there because Bish retaliated at the two bases we captured that would've gotten us to a Tank Town vh by killing the troops in a counterstrike.  At least that's how it stood when I logged off at 12:30 EST.  Four and a half hours is my limit on AH.

Tank town must've been pretty quiet for 2-plus hours until the Knights finally got a base.  Rookes weren't invited to that dance, unfortunately, but we did manage to get close.

Hehe. That would be a cool new reset condition - hold tank town for at least 1 hour - then you win reset.

Offline Ridge

• Copper Member
      • http://www.combatfs.com/forums/index.php
Tank Town
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2003, 05:45:48 PM »
I feel that the GV spawn points around tank town to other gv bases should be removed. I moved to a gv base, and was shocked to look to the right of the tower and see PNZR in red text like 20ft away...killed ever last panzer on the base, and porked it to hell...