Author Topic: This is Field Axx... We are under attack  (Read 203 times)

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
This is Field Axx... We are under attack
« on: May 05, 2001, 11:29:00 PM »
Wanted to start a new thread so maybe this wouldn't get lost.

AWIII had HQ messages in the text buffer for things like..
Field X reports enemies approaching..
Field X is under attack
Field X is under Heavy attack
Field X is silent
City X reports enemies nearby
Etc, Etc.

So my idea, why not implement something like this in AH? Maybe a new text radio channel that you could tune to, for example by field number. There could be 2 ways for this maybe...

1. You tune to field X's radio and every minute, a text message is posted on the field's status that would maybe include info like.. (field would have to be freindly for this to work)
A. number of enemy cons within 5 miles
B. how many AAA guns were active
C. how many hangers were active
D. Fuel and ordanance status, etc.

I know "D" from above is already available via the STRAT button, but this would make it faster to get constant updates.

Alternate to the 1 minute broadcast, maybe a new command like, ".status Ax" that would shoot you back the same info as mentioned above.

The debate over in-flight radar seems to be very hot. This is just another suggesiton that would remove in-flight, yet still let people keep informed without having to rely on others to answer them for tactical reports.

If a radio channel were to be developed, mabye it could also be used like channel 3 is, but specific to the field number you tune to. THe way I understand, channel 3 now tunes you to others that launched from the same field as you, but maybe would be better if it were the people that were attacking or defending the same field, as they may have all launched from several different fields to begin with.

------------------
Wing up, Get kills, Be happy :D

Midnight CO
412th FG "Braunco Mustangs"[/i]

The 412th is actively seeking P-51 Mustang pilots. E-mail me for more information      davidlj@charter.net

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2001, 12:41:00 AM »
It 's already implemented, but is seem quite buggy, as the message says :

rUl3R7646: HEY GUYS A1 UNDER ATTACK, COME ON, YOU ALL S**** !

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2001, 03:54:00 AM »
Tealistically, even with dar out, a country should have some way of discerning that an attack is in progress on one of their fields. Ground personell would tend to notice, and unless lines of communication (oooh new targets on field!) are cut, some info should be communicated.

Sweet idea.

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2001, 04:04:00 AM »
CC Santa.. In AW, bombing the tower was equivelant to destroying the radio and that is when the HQ message would read "field X is silent"

Midnight

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2001, 05:03:00 AM »
I need air raid siren feature!
Pyro said he's planning it...  
 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum1/HTML/003570.html

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
Actually Midnight, the "Field XXX is silent" messages meant that the acks were down.   Bombing the tower removed local radar.   The airfields also report enemy paratroopers, but by that time it's usually too late.

If this system was implemented in AH, they could do away with "dar-bars" for planes under 300 feet, as there would stil be warning that a field is being attacked.

J_A_B