Author Topic: How the Knights viewed last night  (Read 273 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
How the Knights viewed last night
« on: May 06, 2001, 03:48:00 AM »
Down to three bases, everything at 0%, outnumbered fighting the Bishrook horde:

There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

We shall never yield! And we WILL set you up the bomb!

Oh, see a storm is threatening
My very life today
If I don't find some shelter
Yeah I'm gonna fade away

War, children
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
War, children
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
Yeah

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 05-06-2001).]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2001, 03:54:00 AM »
that siggy file fits you sooooo well Santa  

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
Ya got lucky Santa, many of our
guys forgot we were supposed to
be gangbanging Knights and spent
the night trying to get A2 from our
allies the Bishops who just flat
refused to let us have it.
(Those bastards!)

So, I think you Knights should thank
the Bishops for being such hardasses
in the SW thus saving yours.
(Asses that is.)

It was a good evening on both fronts
for me, I got shot by most of the roster.

Santa, cool segue from topic title to the pic.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

[This message has been edited by Sunchaser (edited 05-06-2001).]

Offline vatiAH

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2001, 08:33:00 AM »
Sunchaser,  most likly you shot most of the roster!!!   I have no trouble killing 17's  unless your the pilot.   <S>

Vati66
Ductus Exemplo:  Lead by Example

Offline Degas

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2001, 08:36:00 AM »
Yah, those Bishops....

We kept our end of the bargain, we gave 'em the sheep they wanted, and they still turned on us!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have 30 rooks trying to get back our sheep at A2, 30 farming perkies up at the Knight metroplex, and 20 who can't decide which Knight field to hit next.

What makes it funny, instead of infuriating, is that you can freely interchange the country names above on any given night.  When you're successfully rolling up the flanks of a given country, it's easy to imagine the conversations taking place on their country channel.  

[This message has been edited by Degas (edited 05-06-2001).]

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2001, 08:39:00 AM »
Wow, that was fast, thanks vatiAH,
I edited the above to make it fit the
screen(I hate scrolling sideways)
and your compliment was there when
I returned.

<S> to you too and all the others who
allow me to prove on a daily basis
that the B17 guns are indeed a bit
powerful.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

lazs

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
the guys i was with fought bish all night.  usually it is a whole lot more fun to fight knights but the bish must have a lot of new guys cause they were actually fighting.  except for the the bish tactic of hitting only fighter hangers with suicide buffs it was a lot of fun.  they couldn't seem to kill every fields fighter hangers around 1-2 8-9 all at once.   nobody i was with cared about taking fields.
lazs

Offline Gunslayer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »
And here we come to reign death down on those insolent Rooks.

lazs

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2001, 10:23:00 AM »
LOL gunman... u mean de-roof a couple of lean-too's don't ya?
lazs

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2001, 10:39:00 AM »
A Bish - Rook Alliance, no one told me hehehe.     Weres Regurge I still owe him for Thursday night and that Damn Jug he was remote controling  

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
Well, I have to agree with Lazs on this one... I was Knight because of the numbers. The sides were sending bombers to the bases in the north to knock down FH, barracks and fuel- not in any effort to take the fields, only keep them to minimal strength. In the south the enemy CV swarmed A6 for an hour against minimal opposition. Victims... I mean vultch mea... I mean, brave pilots who tried to lift off were steadily thinned from the ranks by an umbrella of enemy fighters hovering over the de-acked field.

Choices were: Take off with 25% fuel to chase the 25K Lanc circling the three bases we had, keeping the bases minimized but not quite dead; taking the 25% fuel from the base 2 sectors away (fh was dead in the region next to the base we were attacking) to the field we are trying to take despite the fact our barracks were dead and it wouldn't matter anyway; raise from the vultch-O-rama happening at A6, hoping you might get a ping or two on one of the bad guys before 3-4 of them get you from above; or log from the sheer boredom and disgust of realizing that neither side really wanted to end anything, the north wanting the perk farms of industry and the south wanting the easy vultch. I should be generous though; the Rooks were in possession of half the map and quite possibly were waiting to own it all- the Bishops might have been trying to balance field numbers before reset so they could get some points. Who knows. All I know is I logged on to fly some combat and spent the time chasing high alt bombers I didn't have the fuel to chase. Managed a Lanc, a B-17, and a B-26 in an hours flying time, took a Ju-88 to a base and dropped a couple panzers in the next hour, and that was it. Yawn.

Yup, call it a whine, it truly is. This is the one situation of AH I truly detest.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
well the bish and rooks were kicking each others bellybutton pretty good last night i would guess that most of the bish were fighting the rooks.  i dont know about all night but i was on from about 730pm est to 12 and the only reason i think anyone was fighting the knights was because they were attacking fields and getting close to our hq.

Trell

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2001, 11:59:00 AM »
I got sick of trying to find a fight with no dar, so I switched to Bishop and fought Rooks.  Had more fun than I've had in the MA in awhile (which isn't saying much).  In the end, though, I just have very little tolerance for AW/AH style arena play.

I sure hope another scenario is coming up soon.

anRky

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
Addendum to the above whine: I know there was a big Rook/Bish furball in the southwest, and take nothing from the pilots who were involved. My disgust was over a situation where a reset could and should have been effected by the resources on our fronts. By all appearances it seems the effort was focused on keeping the Knights on life support, but only just.