Author Topic: Thanks for the fun CT guys!  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Thanks for the fun CT guys!
« on: March 13, 2003, 11:08:51 AM »
In the MA last night, bored out of my skull dodging P51's and D9's, lazs says, maybe we should go check out the CT. They had a PTO setup the other night. Off we go.

Jump in an F4F and what do I see, zekes!!! Oh boy, early war planes. Got 3 or 4 kills and died once if I recall. Had to stop because of 2 LVT's on the rw but overall, was fun.

Thanks guys.

BTW 10bears, awesome terrain as per your usual.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Thanks for the fun CT guys!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 11:43:43 AM »
Originally posted by Apache
lazs says, maybe we should go check out the CT.

Was good to see you both there.

My butt still hurts.

- oldman

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 11:44:50 AM »
The PTO sets are great.  We need to balance more of them in with the predominent Euro sets that we get 3 out 4 times in the CT.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 11:47:19 PM »
lazs was here?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 09:58:21 AM »
yes I was.   the infinity and pizza map are horrible... infinity or pizza during "nitetime" are the big double whammy.

I liked the fact that people tended to get close to the action and fight there but.... I hated the bug on the runway... made it pretty impossible to up most of the time and died a bunch to runway bug before i figured it out... and.... the lvt parked at the end of the runway seemd a tad.... unsporting considering the bug.

earlier I flew the p40 b and was shocked at how badly it stalled and augered compared to the e  I don't think that is right... both planes should handle about the same... if anything the lighter b should be a little more agile than the e.

the ct can have some action and it does make you fly planes that aren't viable in the ma but...(and you knew there would be a but)..

I still have trouble with the lack of variety and knowing that every plane I face will act the same..  would have loved to grab an fm2 to go after the finn fm2's for instance.

well... anyhow... I like it when there is action close in but left one nite when the only planes on were high alt p40's doing some squad bull.  The CT at it's worst is still better than infinity or pizza during "nitetime" at their best tho.

oh... I didn't see any difference in skill levels or sportsmanship (a is not the only form of sporstmanship) than in the MA... no worse nor better.   There was no more or less feeling of "history" or "immersion" for me.

The furballs in the CT were allmost exactly the same as the MA furballs except... on the plus side... there were fewer "terminally timid" cherry picking (some, but less by far).  everyone got involved.    minus... there was a lot less variety in planes.
lazs

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 03:34:30 PM »
That is why I am in here and you are out there i guess.

The reasons you dont like the ct are the reasons I like it.

Its the numbers that keep the ct friendly.  If we had 250 guys flying in here, it would be just as bad as the ma.  (in my opinion)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2003, 03:26:24 AM »
"squad bull"   hehe

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2003, 08:22:42 AM »
erg... didn't say anything about the numbers... the numbers aren't that bad most of the time because, like I said, everyone tends to fight in one place mking, in effect, a very small map.   Bout the same population density of the smaller MA maps.  sooo.. I'm a little confused... where do we differ?

squad bull... well... I'm in a squad.   we don't do organized things.  very loose knit.    I found a huge group (comaritively speaking) all flying high alt in a very low number game kinda.... strange.  

friendly... well... sorta.  still have complaining about gangbanging and excuses and such between the 's and the other stuff too.  No big deal eaither way..
lazs

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2003, 09:04:52 AM »
not that numbers were to low lasz I was just saying that the larger the crowd the more 'idiots' are going to be in it.

We have several high profile whiners in the CT, we know who they are and know what to expect from them.  I am sure you know them as well.

I try not to worry about high alt squad ops.  Rarely do we have setups that allow one side to truely dominate, p40s were pretty uber in this setup, but if they want to do that.  Let them.  At least it wasnt 10 p51s at 30k.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2003, 02:33:11 PM »
NP erg.. I flew the E and had a blast.. I fought the zekes and never went over 5k... pretty good match that way... didn't feel particularly "uber".  

I guess I kinda agree... percentage wise I would say there are maybe a few more "good guys" and about the same amount of (percentage wise) bad sports in both arenas.. not a big deal to me.

The fights seem better in the ct now than current MA fights... the ct guys are more aggressive... for whatever reason... the MA has gotten terminally timid.  The MA was not allways like this... I believe the pizza, and infinity map along with more and more perk and late war planes has all added up to make it a very unfun place for some of us.
lazs

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2003, 02:39:35 PM »
Do you think it might be because we constantly reset our stats and perks dont mean anything?

The scoring system may really be pushing behavior in the MA, particularly with this money prize stuff now.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2003, 06:23:21 PM »
Actually you may have hit on something.  If you get rid of stats, you get rid of the main reason for lousy behaviour.

Now if you CT guys can just loosen up on the radar a little, to make finding fights a little easier when there aren't too many on.

bowser

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2003, 08:16:16 AM »
ya know... I hadn't given it much thought... to tell the truth.. I didn't think we could have perk planes... I am kinda disapointed that we are able to..  I don't fly perk planes and I certainly don't want to fly against them... I believe that if earning/spending perks is possible it will encourage bad behavior and uneven gameplay along with resentment.   I know I resent it when someon flys one when everyone else is getting along with the standard planeset.
lazs

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2003, 08:36:25 AM »
Sometimes we perk p38s and such but the CMs have to ask hitech to set it up, so we rarely do it.  It never really works anyway, since we only perk em 5 or so.  We reset all perks when we do this.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2003, 09:00:30 AM »
erg.. good news...  I really think perks contribute to bad behavior as does....

a lopsided plane set.   when one side has crap planes then everone deserts it..  this causes bad behavior, resentment and outbursts... all that unpleasntness.... do it long enough (like in the MA) and you have a permanently unpleasnat place.  

the ct crew seem to have a handle on it and react.. they ditch stuff that isn't working... more flexible.  
lazs