Author Topic: Does anyone know what the "record" for..  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Does anyone know what the "record" for..
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2003, 08:17:37 PM »
Thanks Eskimo,   I really appreciate what you said.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2003, 08:20:57 PM »
Hehehe.....

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2003, 09:59:40 PM »
Steve, the reply is not so much at you as to mustangs in general.
A hundred kills in a row is a great streak in any plane, and all the power in the world to ya. But most of my experiences with mustangs have been 25k+ and if you are co-alt they go the other direction. Not to say you do that, cause you got over a hundred kills, but that's my perception of the mustang pilot.

Now I stopped to really think about it, and I asked myself, why don't I think that way of the Fw190-d9? And to be honest, I could never remember seeing a d9 25k+. I've seen them over 20k alot, but not much higher than that. And for some reason the d9 pilot seems very aggressive, alot more so than the mustang pilot. Not to say the d9 won't dive away, cause they do. But most extend and come right back. And i've seen mustang pilots do this too, but the D9 pilot is alot more aggressive in this manner.

What I figure is that it must be fuel. So I took up a mustang with 2 drop tanks. I got to 25k and still had a hundred gallons in my drop tanks, amazing! The d9 has a drop tank, but doesn't come close to the fly time of the mustang. So I see now the D9 pilot must be aggressive or go to the hotpad empty handed. I'm surprised that the bombers that make runs on the HQ don't get a few ponies to go with them.

But enough rambling, to your streak.

P.S. And no, I could never , ever, have a streak like that.

P.S.S. Is there a pool going on what kind of plane ends the streak? I say it's a CHog!
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2003, 10:04:17 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
I actually was not surprised to get bashed, the world is full of people that criticize the efforts of others, having never done the same deed themselves.  Certainly guys like Fester and Wldthing can put in their critique, they've been there... but these other folk who put me down then make excuses for  themselves never having done what I did(in spite, as I've said.. luck had a nice hand) are pathetic indeed.  I cannot think of anything other than closet jealousy, or again
BTW for killin me w/ the 163... I hate those lil buggers.  :)

LOL nice rant! Ok when I was here less than 6 months I had a 70 kill streak.  Is my bash ok now? I didnt come to the boards and say whats the record for this? I'm a newbie with a 70 kill streak going!
(altho I guess i just did ) :D

I *KNOW* you have to cherry pick and not get down and dirty to help your team. And not to jump gunned 17s
It was not a fun month.
I kinda gave up on score after that, t was too boring....

It made me into a cherrypicking weenie
Sorta made me loathe myself yano?

But hey, a 140 odd kill streak is quite a feat and takes patience and smarts. Good job.

You are supposed to let others toot your horn tho...