Author Topic: New Historical Events with new terrain  (Read 1541 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
New Historical Events with new terrain
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2003, 03:29:09 PM »
A long time ago, I was seaking advice from HiTech in a number of areas and somthing he told me was this.

Always try and have your bases around 25 miles apart and have at least a two bases front, that means that two bases on each side are apposing one another.

Now this is for a CT type of map, the above map has one one enemy base that would fall into this catagory. Players dont like to fly over 25 miles to get to another base, while their may be some who would do this generaly they get tierd of the longer transet and log. the two base width of the front is important but not 100% nescessary, in the smaller CT a narow front can be tolerated, GV spawns are also important between all bases.

What I might sugest is this, Fill the map with bases that are around a sector apart add depth to the aposing sides in terms of bases so that they can be faught for, and submit this as a seperate map to HTC for use in the CT. We could then use it for a week long plane set match up for one of the periouds mentioned above.

Submit a second map to HTC for the events, clearly the above map could be used by the CM's for an event howeaver this map at present could not be used in the CT do to the shallow front and the bases seperation being to far.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 01:32:42 PM »
Hi,

I know that the long way to fly is not good for players that just going to make as many as you can kills at the main terrain, but when you organize event with orders you should know that the flight is not just roll, find enemy shoot him down but to do the things you've got in the orders it make it different. I don't work now on the terrain for main arena, but for the terrain for snapshots or bigger events. However we can do the terrain that will use us on the main arena, but for now it isn't the main target.

The main thing I want now is to open a new area for historical events. To show the IAF history on-line. I know that the terrain will be updated and more GV fields and air bases will be added, but now the main target to start - to see IAF flying and fighting.

So, I think that we can make a snapshot based on the IAF activity duaring 48-49, that all the planes present in AH, and we do not have to add other planes. In my opinion the terrian is ready for Independence War events http://www.geocities.com/artyomtnk/firstevent.html

If you think that the terrian need addons, or the snapshot need some changes to make it more suitable for play tell me please.

I want to open a new area for AH pilots, and we need to start and to see how it works, and to go forward.

So, AH Snapshot and Events team can you replay and to tell your suggestions?

Artik,
101 "Red" Squ, Israel
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2003, 02:34:20 PM »
Well I was hopining to get a New Terain for The Combat Theater, I gues I will ask another map maker to do this for us, it is an area I was looking to get maped.

GL with CM's.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2003, 12:42:02 PM »
Hi brady,
As you know, I really want to make new historical events, but if you need the co-operation I allways open for new ideas.
I do not fly a lot on Combat Theatre arenas - mostly Main or SEA, but all options are open.
This area is not usefull for SEA only so - the disscussion is open.

Artik
101 "Red" Squadron, Israel
« Last Edit: March 26, 2003, 12:44:19 PM by artik »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2003, 02:44:47 PM »
O I hear ya, but as I said above the map is realy not playable in the CT as it is, It looks good for the CM's though. If you wanted to make the changes to the map I mentioned above for CT use that would be great and I am shure we would use it. Like I said above as well you could do two maps one Totaly Historical, one as listed above with more bases intended for CT use.

Say for instance you made the map with more bases, for a SEA event the CM's would simply limit the bases available to be used to those that were historicaly available. Now the same map would would work well in the CT and be set up to represent two sides and use all the bases. CT set up differ largely from SEA events in that they primarly creat plane vs plane match ups for a whole week to losly represent a time and place in hstory.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2003, 03:09:29 PM »
Hi brady,
No problem to add more GV bases at all,
Even if I'll add bases at the plases of historical towns it will be enogh to use it at CT.
Tell me what exectly areas are you mostly interested in?
What are the ruels of capturing in CT?
I placed the maproom in the middle of the base without a town,
so you have to destroy all ACS to be able to bring trrops,
Do you need roads, suppliers, convoys in terrian for CT?
There is areas defined as Rocks - it is too hard to drive at,
do we need add roads or something like that?
If you have any maps of this area with Names written in English it will help me, because most of my sources are in Hebrew and it is hard to rewrite them.
So tell me the rules for CT terrains - they are quite different from the maps for main arena, and I will be involved in this project.
If you can connect me with people that are working on snapshots and events to set new event you will help me a lot.

Artik,

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2003, 03:45:11 PM »
"No problem to add more GV bases at all,
Even if I'll add bases at the plases of historical towns it will be enogh to use it at CT."

Typicaly all airbases should be 25 miles apart for CT use with GV bases sprinkled in hear and their and GV spawns between all bases, look at ASW's Rhine Map it is an excelent example of a CT map.

"Tell me what exectly areas are you mostly interested in?"

The way I see it we can do a 1941 Vichy French vs British set up, and a 1948 plane set in the CT with this map, both would be very good set up's imo.

"What are the ruels of capturing in CT? "

The same as in the MA, some maps have towns tied to them some have no towns and maprooms on the fields. Int he former case it is just like the MA, and in the late simply kill the ack and take the base.

"I placed the maproom in the middle of the base without a town,
so you have to destroy all ACS to be able to bring trrops, "

ACS= ACK?, if so that is fine.

"Do you need roads, suppliers, convoys in terrian for CT? "

No, we generaly turn off Suply, although strat objects like factors are fun to bomb.

"There is areas defined as Rocks - it is too hard to drive at,
do we need add roads or something like that? "

No we dont nead roads, Vehical spawn points should be placed at around a 5 min drive time from the bases they are set to spawn to, smoth terain is nice their but it is not compleatly nescessary.

"If you have any maps of this area with Names written in English it will help me, because most of my sources are in Hebrew and it is hard to rewrite them. "

I do I will scan some for you.

"So tell me the rules for CT terrains - they are quite different from the maps for main arena, and I will be involved in this project. "

Go to the map download page and take a peek at the following map's they are representive of the best of the lot for the CT and were comishioned or built expresly for the CT.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/htcindex.html

ASW's Rhine map and his Libbya map.( these two are the best)

10Bears Greace map.

NUTTZ's Tunisia map, and the Kuriles map.

"If you can connect me with people that are working on snapshots and events to set new event you will help me a lot. "

I am a CT Staffer I only work on and for CT related issues, although I try and help with some map issues for the CM's whear I can in terms of reasherch for skins and maps for their CM Map corp's. daddog would be a good person to e-mail about this I am shure he can help you, he is above and you can get his email thier.

Since I can no longer post picks I will nead to E mail you the map, can you give me your E mail adress?

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2003, 01:18:19 PM »
Hi brady,
Thank you for the complete information.
My e-mail is artik@101squadron.com
when you  send me the maps and the area you need, show me the places you are interested in for Vichy French vs British battals. If you can connect me with this people responsibe for events and snapshots you will realy help me.
Can you give me some links or storyes of  Air Force activity in 41 to make me able to unedrstand what do we need.

Artik,
101 "Red" Squadron Israel.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2003, 03:01:41 PM »
Ask daddog he is listed right above in this thread, he can point you in the right direction.

I will send you the rest via e mail, later today.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2003, 03:56:44 PM »
Originally posted by artik
you can connect me with this people responsibe for events and snapshots you will realy help me.
Hi artik.... been intending to reply to this thread for some time, but I always seem to be busy with other things.  :rolleyes:  I also wanted to hear opinions of the CM team before posting.  :)  

There is certainly a lot of interest, as daddog said above, in both the terrain and your events.  I personally am no expert at what "works" and what doesn't, so am not able to give you much of an opinion myself.  However, I am hoping we can use at least some of your ideas for future events, and was under the impression somebody may have already contacted you by email about the possibility?  I do know that there is definitely some interest in your terrain, possibly for a future CAP..... if we were to use it, would you consider adding more bases so that most of the map is covered?  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2003, 04:28:21 PM »
Hi, Flossy
As I told all options are open. My biggest interest is events of IAF history because I am Israeli and that is interesting me. But also I have no problems to add more relevant fields to the map to make it suitable for the CT. But this work takes a lot of time that not realy have. But I will do all I can.
Very soon I will add more scenarios and snapshots descriptions that can be played at SEA.
But I need some advice from people that know good ways of building good scenario. I have a lot of ideas but I do not know exectly ways to realise tham - that is the reason I am waiting for responce of Scenario and Snapshot team members to help me realise this project.
How the scenario should be defined, what are good raito between opposite forces etc.?

I have a lot of new ideas and I want to realise them so I just need help and co-operation form the people responsible for that.

Artik,

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2003, 02:42:43 PM »
Hi,
As I could see jet simulation with WW2 planes does not looks as very good idea for many player (but I still think that it will be good) so I added and edited some of my snapshots that I've written. There is the link to events and terrain descriptions:
http://www.geocities.com/artyomtnk/
For Kadesh war of 1956 I use Me262 instead of Gloster Meteor that had flew at both sides - Egyption and Israeli. So it would be good experiment to make jets vs jets fights with the same mashines. Also I've added new scenarios for Independence War (1948) and Kadesh (1956). I think they are quite interesting for play in SEA arena.
What do you think about it Flossy, daddog other members of CM stuff? I know that the way is long to make the events on-line but anyway what is the process?

Artik,