Author Topic: Islam Is Peace  (Read 304 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Islam Is Peace
« on: March 16, 2003, 04:24:56 AM »
17 September 2001

Bush Remarks at Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.

Says "face of terror not true faith of Islam"

The September 11 attacks against the United States are "acts of violence against innocents (that) violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith, and it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that," President Bush said at the Islamic Center in the nation's capital.
Bush spent almost an hour at the mosque the afternoon of September 17 talking with Muslim community leaders there.
"This is a great country. It's a great country because we share the same values of respect and dignity and human worth. And it is my honor to be meeting with leaders who feel just the same way I do. They're outraged, they're sad. They love America just as much as I do," Bush said.
"The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam," Bush said. "That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace. They represent evil and war."
Bush also called for tolerance towards Arab Americans.

"America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country," he said. "Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect."

Offline Cherlie

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Islam Is Peace
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 05:01:12 AM »
My concern is that are the U.S going to liberate Iraq as the same as they have (should I say have not) with Kuwait?

CB

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Islam Is Peace
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 05:56:54 AM »
Originally posted by Cherlie
My concern is that are the U.S going to liberate Iraq as the same as they have (should I say have not) with Kuwait?

CB

HUH?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Islam Is Peace
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 08:00:23 AM »
He's trying to make the case that the rulers of Kuwait are every bit as "bad" or "evil" as Hussein.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Christianity Is Peace
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 08:54:59 AM »
You won't see him saying this will you?

Bush Remarks at Christian Center of Washington, D.C.

Says "face of war not true faith of Christianity"

The coming attack against Iraq is an "act of violence against innocents (that) violate the fundamental tenets of the Christian faith, and it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that," President Bush said at the Christian Center in the nation's capital.

Bush spent almost an hour at the church this afternoon talking with Christian community leaders there.

"This is a great country. It's a great country because we share the same values of respect and dignity and human worth. And it is my honor to be meeting with leaders who feel just the same way I do. They're outraged, they're sad. They love America just as much as I do," Bush said.

"The face of war is not the true faith of Christianity," Bush said. "That's not what Jesus is all about. Christianity is peace. The coming war doesn't represent peace. It represents evil and war."

Bush also called for tolerance towards Christian Americans.

"America counts millions of Christian amongst our citizens, and Christians  make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country," he said. "Christians are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect."

Spurious George talks out both sides of his mouth.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Islam Is Peace
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 09:00:53 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
He's trying to make the case that the rulers of Kuwait are every bit as "bad" or "evil" as Hussein.

Really?  Okay Toad..I'll agree with your powers of interpretation..

Cherlie, has Kuwait attempting to build nuclear weapons?  Has Kuwait bought, made and used chemical or biological weapons against it's enemies and its own people?

Every citizen of Kuwait never pays a doctor or school bill..they are all paid by their government.  Have a look at the guarenteed pension each Kuwaiti citizen receives...again all paid by their government.

Which country would you rather live in?  Kuwait or Iraq?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Islam Is Peace
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2003, 09:36:38 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Really?  Okay Toad..I'll agree with your powers of interpretation..

Cherlie, has Kuwait attempting to build nuclear weapons?  Has Kuwait bought, made and used chemical or biological weapons against it's enemies and its own people?

Every citizen of Kuwait never pays a doctor or school bill..they are all paid by their government.  Have a look at the guarenteed pension each Kuwaiti citizen receives...again all paid by their government.

Which country would you rather live in?  Kuwait or Iraq?

Hell I'm moving to Kuait!  Free stuff! :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Islam Is Peace
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2003, 11:50:29 AM »
to a simple search on phillipin and kuwait (or saoudia).

Plenty exemples availlables.