Author Topic: This Week: Tunisia 1943  (Read 1772 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
This Week: Tunisia 1943
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2003, 04:20:58 PM »
Spits are always flow in large numbers in set up's whear their available, Their easy rides. Hince the term Spit dweab. I think this may be what he is refering to.

As  far as the G-2 is concerned it is simply a mater of drawing a line, as stated above the plane set will play well as it is, just because somthing was their doesent mean it is going to be good ( or bad) for a set up. It is a call that we as the staff must make in doing these set up's, it is not an easy thing to do, we dont want to deny somebody their favorate toy but still have to this on ocashion.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Couple bugs......
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2003, 04:50:04 PM »
Landing anywhere at A10, be it the runway or even in a hangar and you get the dreaded "You have ditched" message.
Just FYI............:)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2003, 05:29:03 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
grun... you might feel differently if the LW woulda had the foresight to actually build a carrier plane.... or even one that turned for that matter.
lazs

Whats your point? I fly allies nearly as much as axis in ct - I just think CV parking is gay....

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2003, 06:00:01 PM »
I think from what I've read here is that everyone has VALID points, but whether or not they'd actually help the CT, that is questionable.

Giving both countries CV's is fair - the Germans just to balance out the sides even though you can't take off any aircraft.

Lets see how this setup works first before asking to make any changes. If it's unbalanced, the stats will show and we in the CT like a fair setup and will make changes.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2003, 06:14:30 PM »
Per the discussions above, I am considering making 2 changes:

1) If the Allies CVs unbalance the arena , I will add a German 109F CV. (Undecided about adding stukas, but Germans need Cv jabo in all likelyhood, so please make your comments below on adding stuka)

2) I am also considering adding the G2, and possibly the 190A5 later on in the setup (Tuesdayish).  This will depend also on assessments of balance vs what Germans had Historically.

Thank you for the above feedback on the setup thusfar.

Jarbo
CT Staff

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2003, 06:20:52 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Whats your point? I fly allies nearly as much as axis in ct - I just think CV parking is gay....

LOL GIVE EM HELL GRUNHERZ!:D

I don't mind the Cv's but he' s right CV parking is gay

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2003, 06:42:30 PM »
Them there stookas make real good divebomberz. Their sireenz make a better wail, too. ;)

Originally whined by GRUNHERZ

Backup whine by Löwe
LOL GIVE EM HELL GRUNHERZ! :D

I don't mind the Cv's but he' s right CV parking is gay

p.s. 1: Create mission to a: take port b: sink fleet. 2: Use stookas - they iz awesum! Them JuJu apee-apes ain't so bad either! :D

Offline Kevin14

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2003, 07:09:47 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
How would it be abused? Because people fly it? Not being a jerk, Im just curious what you are calling abuse...

Well, like in the Greece map, I was flying axis almost the entire time and being outnumbered by allies 25 to 15 wasn't uncommon.  And guess what? About every plane I fought was a spit.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2003, 09:43:03 PM »
Looking forward to it, Jarbo. P40 v. 202 is my favorite match.

Good luck being able to find that match up.  Everytime I have seen more or less this same setup it seems to me that 80% of Allied planes flown are Spits, 19% are Hurri IIC and 1% are other planes apparently selected by mistake in the hanger.  Most players will gravitate towards Allied and the numbers will never drop below 1.5 Allied to 1 Axis and will brush 2:1 from time to time.

I respect the CT staff for thier efforts at plane balance but unless a method can be found to force historic availabilty as well, the side with the Hispano's will alway dominate the numbers and thus force and imbalance regardless of planeset.

The 202 is badly mismatched here, I can't fly 109's at all, the 110 has those hideous MG-FF, and I refuse to simply add to the number of Spits.  See you guys next setup.

S!

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2003, 12:12:04 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
p.s. 1: Create mission to a: take port b: sink fleet. 2: Use stookas - they iz awesum! Them JuJu apee-apes ain't so bad either! :D

Instead of  us having to do all that **** why not just refrain from CV parking, and using them for ack batteries against Axis bases??:p

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2003, 02:26:40 AM »
Dunno ... sounded like a fun alternative, I thought.

Besides ... ain't me, man.

I still say they're sinkable and their ports are capturable. But then again ... I could be wrong. I've seen fleets disabled before cause they were buggy.

Personally, I hate it when a "hotshot fleet commodore" takes a fleet within range of an enemy base, it's radar, it's shore batts, it's PTs or even another fleet (not that the last applies here) and decides it's time to duke it out no matter what the consequence is. Especially if I have an urge to do carrier ops without having to take off and land in a Pearl Harbor type setting.

Then again, I hate it that fleets spawn endless PTs and amphibs as if it were a rootin' tootin' gator group with dawn of the dead marines as well as every rerun of McHale's Navy brought back to life.

But hey ... that's how it's designed. Maybe AHII won't have that.

I still don't see the "carrier parking" (complaint) as one worth the time, I suppose.

*ShruG*

Originally posted by Löwe
Instead of  us having to do all that **** why not just refrain from CV parking, and using them for ack batteries against Axis bases??:p

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2003, 08:57:43 AM »
I too am all for Carrier Ops, hell I'm an old VF-27 member I love Carrier Ops.
It's the parking thats a problem, I think the fleets should be there , it adds to the game. It's the Hotshot CV commanders like you say Arlo.:)  

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2003, 10:40:38 AM »
Whoever created the clipboard map made an 'oopsy'. The sector lines are way offset. This causes the radar counters to show in the wrong place.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2003, 02:05:33 PM »
I was able to figure that one out and adjust but we noticed A55 was uncapturable last night (which actually kinda turned out to be a good thing - some good fights tween close bases). Apparently it has neither a town or a maproom.

Originally posted by NoBaddy
Whoever created the clipboard map made an 'oopsy'. The sector lines are way offset. This causes the radar counters to show in the wrong place.

Offline Okugi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2003, 02:29:32 PM »
Yup, looks like the whole week will be spent between a2 and a55. Good deal in a way though, you always know where the action will be instead of chasing cons around the map. That certainly helps in those short winded 109's, lol. All in all, thumbs up for this one!

Not to mention I get much better framerates in this terrain...

Yeah, I know... upgrade my machine... :p