Author Topic: HT ? about perk plane cost  (Read 282 times)

Offline whels

• Silver Member
HT ? about perk plane cost
« on: March 25, 2003, 01:37:40 PM »
When u take off a perk plane/GV shows u a cost.

some say if  u die that is what it will cost u, but say
the cost they been charged is the  not what they tookoff
at but the cost shown at time of death.

is the cost fixed to what u took off at or does it change while ur flying and may cost u more when u die, if numbers changed?

whels

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 02:39:24 PM »
Whels,

I brought this same subject up in another thread and used an example of when I upped a Tiger the other day.

When I upped the cost was 12 perks. I killed x amount of GVs including 2 Tigers before I died. When I returned to the hanger I lost -18.xx perks.

iceMAW believes that the perks you earn are being added to the cost of the perk ride when you die (so 12 + earned perks = -18.xx).

I had over 3000 GV perks when the Tiger was introduced .. I now have 120 ... many lost to uncalled for explosions and also to the problem described above.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 04:25:29 PM »
I think it the perk penalty is taken from the what the perk cost was at the time you die.  

Another question I have about perks is are the perk points after a mission also dependent on country numbers?  When the Knights have has a numerical advantage in the arena, the perks generated seem to be less as they are when Knights don't have the number advantage.  

For example, the other night when Knights had the numbers and our perk modifyer was something like .67, I shot down 2 flights of B-17s, 1 flight of B-26s, 2 P-51s and a Spitfire Mk XIV and succesfully landed my flight.  The perk points generated was less than 6 perks.  On another night when Knights were the low number country, I shot down 2 Spitfire Mk IXs and 3 La-7s and received over 10 perks for those kills.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 04:36:39 PM »
It at the time you hit the fly button with the server number not whats show in the hanger. And there can be a lag from whats shown in the hanger and whats on the server.

HiTech

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 05:23:06 PM »
Hitech with out question you know more than anyone about this program. How ever I have noticed on many many sorties the perk plane cost was X when I took off and is still X after being shot down if I didnt get any kills the perks lost are correct. How ever if any scoring was done the perk cost is not the same that is shown in the hanger either before I upped or after it was lost and it is allways a higher value. With the floating point of calculation I would think that sometimes I would see a lower perk cost lost than when I took off as opposed to it allways being higher.  

Try this test take off in a perk ride fly around for x ammount of time with out shooting at anything then auger it. Now take off again go shoot something then auger again.  I think you will find the perk cost remains the same for the sortie that didnt score any points and the one that did the perk cost will be higher by any ammount of points scored on that sortie.

Now I am sure I am mistaken since I have not done the testing on it. With the ammount of perks I have it was never worth the time. But you might want to check it out.

Thank you HT for all your hard work and dedication hope to see you at the con. =S=
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack