Author Topic: The ADA  (Read 356 times)

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
The ADA
« on: March 25, 2003, 11:45:41 AM »
After hearing all these friendly fire incidents If I was General Franks I would have some ADA Commanders head on a platter....

Seriously this hits close to home becuase I was a member of the ADA when I was in the service...

Those POW's of the 507th maintenance guess who they were attached to,  The ADA...

WTF commander you cant task out one bradley or bradley linbacker to protect your support assets....

One Brad with its bushmaster and coax could have saved those Pows ...  Thats piss poor command...  Even a armored hummer witha .50 cal or mark19 maybe even would have turned the tide of that incident.   A bunch of unarmed Duses and Hemits is a sitting duck...

For crying out loud they captured the company's freaking cook...... thats pathetic...

Now on to the patriots, I was manpad crewmember so I cant totally give a accurate picture of their duties but what I did see of them a Fort Bliss they were a rabble of softies...  

I mean really there are rules of engagement.  Where the hell is the airforce liason FAC in the armys Toc...  Are they communicating... apparently not....   I can understand maybe attacking the tornado due to logistics with a foriegn country. But your own F16 ....  Thats lack of leadership no freaking doubt about it...

There is a old saying in the ADA, "if it flys it dies"... but these jackals in patriots are taking it to much to heart...

Seems like the other units were right about the ADA,

"ALCOHOLICS DEFENDING AMERICA"

Get these lushes on the wagon, TIME  NOW....

Rant end...

DoctorYO

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
The ADA
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 11:50:20 AM »
i thought ADA was the "American Disabilities Act"
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
The ADA
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 11:51:18 AM »
hopefull the overconfidence lessons have been learned by the US military....

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
The ADA
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 12:29:49 PM »
I find this to be a bit unpleasant. Not that the plane was shot down, that is most definately a sad incident. What I find unpleasant is the second guessing from arm chair "generals" who weren't there, have no facts and little insight on what DID happen. Gents. there will be an investigation about it. Let those folks who have that responsibility, and even more important ACTUAL expertise, make the findings. Then you can debate your own silly opinions about it. :rolleyes:

Fratricide has been, and probably always WILL be, a factor in any armed conflict. Steps are taken from lessons learned to reduce the incidence of this happening. Back off of the criticism until ALL thi information is known. Frankly, it ain't your job to perform an execution without even an inquest much less a trial. :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
The ADA
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 12:41:57 PM »
my Son is in this conflict so I'm naturally concerned.
IMO the US was overconfident coming into this war.

I sincerely hope the US military is over this and can now move forward with less loss to lives, on both sides.

---
as far as 'investigations' go, I have little faith in them.

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
The ADA
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 12:51:03 PM »
Arm Chair Nothing,

Let me tell you something cherry..

In regards to the pow's, protecting supply lines is basic warfare.  Its rather pathetic your rear supply platoon is routed.

On the note of the patriot are you a crewmember?  If not, I have trained with them...  There is a protocol on how to engage the enemy...  I find it unlikely if not impossible  that our own aircraft broke that protocol.....

Period end of story....

you may ask what protocol are you talking about...  Well im not going to go into detail but things like approach vector, altitude, speed, etc...

This aint WW2 You have liasions between the services to enshure this crap what is happening should not happen....

Dont feed me fog of war either...  PATs are in the rear with the gear...  If it was a avenger/manpad attacking a low flying aircraft thats one thing, but to have 2 incidents so far back from the LOB (line of battle) is piss poor....

So arm chair that....  and since were into name calling....  I deem thee the Official Chagi Boy of the boards; go do a google if your confused.

have a nice day...

DoctorYo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 01:20:03 PM by DoctorYO »

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
The ADA
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2003, 01:05:20 PM »
Originally posted by boxboy28
i thought ADA was the "American Disabilities Act"

I thought this was about the American Dental Association. :confused:

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
The ADA
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2003, 01:07:12 PM »
Maybe the Russian GPS jammers etc. are actually working and causing this incident (F16 vs Patriot) and the Tornado incident too?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
The ADA
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2003, 01:16:56 PM »
In airdefense no one tool is the deciding factor to engage or not to engage...

Like I said earlier there is a whole series of protocols.  

Even if the pilots gps malfunctioned these pilots use the gps no doubt but they still can navagate without it.....

The GPS jammer the news is talking about is designed to thwart precision guided munitons.....  And it doesn't have the range to block out southern Iraq/Northern Kuwait...

but good question.... ;)