Author Topic: what would you do ?  (Read 585 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
what would you do ?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2003, 01:42:59 AM »
Originally posted by Hristo
I say Iraqis fight for freedom.

OMG! OMG! What on earht is wrong with you.. OMG! Jesus Christ..

Freedom? Freedom for what? To starve while saddam builds palaces? To be isolated from the world? Freedom to live under a police state of thughs and people who put you in plastic shredders.

If anybody ever had doubts about the effect of communist brainwashing for people to hate america no matter what - there it is.

Hristo I now hate you.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
what would you do ?
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2003, 01:46:02 AM »
You got yourself another Vietnam.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
what would you do ?
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2003, 01:46:29 AM »
Who is US to patronize on anyone ?

I believe you were doing the patronizing when you started this thread.

Your president won suspicious elections.

Actually, my President won an election. Period. By Law. Electoral College thing, old chap. Supported by Rule of Law. Supreme Court. You may not like it but there it is.

Your president spends billions on aggressive war.

We spend billions and billions and billions on lots of things. Your modifier is merely your unsupported opinion; you know what opinions are like, right?

There are counter arguments to yours that have been hashed out here and other places, so no need to repeat.

You're entitled to your opinion. But that's all it is, an opinion.

Your president allows torture of captured talibans.

Horse potatoes. Utter bull excrement.

Your president doesn't care for UN.

Hey! I don't care for the UN! What a coincidence!

Tell me again what the UN did to stop the slaughter in Kosovo, please. I missed your detailed description of how the UN acted to stop the killing. That's why YOU like them right?

Your president considers Iraqi civilian losses acceptable.

IMO, I think he considers some unavoidable now that SH has refused to comply with the terms of the ceasefire from GW1 for the very last time.

I certainly don't think anyone views them as "acceptable".

Again, who is GWB to decide if SH is good or bad for the world ? He is one of the worst scums to got elected.

While you, on the other hand, are perfectly fit and capable to make that exact judgement about Bush?

:D

Thanks! It's not nearly as entertaining around here without Boroda.. but you do make up for his absence a little bit.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
what would you do ?
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2003, 01:46:57 AM »
What if it isn't another Vietnam?

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
what would you do ?
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2003, 01:59:54 AM »
While the war drags on, it becomes us and them (you and them, in this case).

But don't expect 'them' to consider you liberators.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
what would you do ?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2003, 02:02:30 AM »
Originally posted by Mathman
What if it isn't another Vietnam?

It'll ruin his day.

F.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
what would you do ?
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2003, 02:02:50 AM »
Probably a much better chance than you ever thinking that. Ahem.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Re: what would you do ?
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2003, 02:23:35 AM »
You live in a small country.

World's biggest bully decides he doesn't like your government and attacks your country. He openly announces he doesn't need UN to tell him what to do. He plans to install its own protectorate in your country and leave UN out of it.

Would you fight ?

You mean, my government who wouldn't think twice about executing me just for the hell of it?  My government who most likely killed at least one person that I knew?  And this bully made it perfectly clear that he intended to make it possible for me to be ruled by one of my own people with a representative government?  Well, in that case, I guess I wouldn't think the invading country was led by a bully at all.  I wouldn't fight, except maybe the army following the tyrannical leader of my country.  And I'd think anyone sitting on their bellybutton insulting from the sidelines and wanting me to keep living under a tyrannical rule was a dickhead.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
what would you do ?
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2003, 02:44:44 AM »
But if it makes you feel any better, Hristo ... once the Iraqi people are free from Saddam's evil dictatorship and enjoying the same prosperity that their neighbors to the south (Kuwait) do ... it probably won't take but a generation or two (if that) for them to forget and get on a moral high-horse when the U.S. once again steps in to do the U.N.'s job somewhere else. It's a trend that seems common. ;)