Author Topic: Vandalism  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Vandalism
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2003, 10:09:44 AM »
ROFL - I go away for ten minutes and this happens!

In one corner, we have Straffo, an individual bent on claiming that Frenchmen did not deface a French statue representing America in France.  Instead, he believes that disgruntled American students hopped a plane to Paris in order to defile a French 9/11 memorial when they could just as soon do it in their own country.

In the other corner, we have Martlet, often a reserved voice on these boards, sticking to his guns and using calm, calculated tactics to slowly unravel the arguments of those who oppose him.  Defeat seems unlikely for this man.

And in the middle we have Dowding.  Dowding has entered the ring with one goal in mind.  Debate an issue until its clear youre losing, then attempt to confuse the opposition by means of subject changes and general open ended questioning.

This should be a good one folks.  My money's on Martlet... Iceman Martlet.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Vandalism
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2003, 10:24:48 AM »
I misunderstood Martlet as saying there are no tards in in the US, and therefore pointed out that was definitely not true.

'General open ended questioning'. That's a very vague and non-specific term, you've generated there.

I also see you are grand-standing again, attacking the person rather than any issue. Which is consistent. Fortunately, most of the time, those in the ring can ignore the crowd.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 10:35:47 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Vandalism
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2003, 10:49:05 AM »
In one corner, we have Straffo, an individual bent on claiming that Frenchmen did not deface a French statue representing America in France. Instead, he believes that disgruntled American students hopped a plane to Paris in order to defile a French 9/11 memorial when they could just as soon do it in their own country.

LoL.    

Occam's razor.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Vandalism
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2003, 11:10:41 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding

I also see you are grand-standing again, attacking the person rather than any issue. Which is consistent. Fortunately, most of the time, those in the ring can ignore the crowd.

Bah, I attack both people and issues, variety is the spice of life.  I like you Dowding, I went to school with an aweful lot of people like you.  They dont attack the person or the issue - they attack whatever isnt entirely related or defended.

In terms of ignoring the crowd, wouldnt that be a little too Bush-like for your tastes?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Vandalism
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2003, 12:07:25 PM »
They dont attack the person or the issue - they attack whatever isnt entirely related or defended.

'Entirely' is a very relative term.

Somparing yourself to Bush? Doesn't be so harsh on yourself mate! ;)

Bush doesn't ignore the crowd. He's a politician.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Vandalism
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2003, 02:04:07 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
In one corner, we have Straffo, an individual bent on claiming that Frenchmen did not deface a French statue representing America in France.  Instead, he believes that disgruntled American students hopped a plane to Paris in order to defile a French 9/11 memorial when they could just as soon do it in their own country.

Nice way to twist reality.

This is true only in your dreams.

Your interpretation is completly idiot.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Vandalism
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2003, 02:18:06 PM »
Yeah, we've got *******s in America, but I challenge you to name off one who'd be willing to deface a 9/11 memorial.

wasnt there an american fighting for the taliban? proves anythings possible really
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Vandalism
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2003, 02:29:03 PM »
Originally posted by ra
10% of French are Muslims, and growing.

Are you saying all Muslims are Vandals??

I don’t understand your comments

We have a large Muslim population also and I find them to be peaceful and wonderful friends and neighbors.

I find fanatics however to be the loud and dangerous minority no matter who they are or what they are fanatic about.