Author Topic: Eitquette for peace activist; Rules of engagement  (Read 747 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Eitquette for peace activist; Rules of engagement
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2003, 03:58:41 PM »
With all of this talk of impending war, many of us will encounter "Peace Activists" who will try and convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001.

Gee... 13 responses so far and nobody has brought up the fact that THE WAR ISN'T IN RETALIATION FOR SEPT. 11TH AS IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SEPT 11TH.

A better analogy would have been if the protestor, after having gotten punched in the nose, walked over to the mother of the guy who hit him and smacked her instead.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2003, 04:14:51 PM »
Elfie's post never mentioned Iraq.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2003, 04:18:45 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
With all of this talk of impending war, many of us will encounter "Peace Activists" who will try and convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001.

Gee... 13 responses so far and nobody has brought up the fact that THE WAR ISN'T IN RETALIATION FOR SEPT. 11TH AS IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SEPT 11TH.

Proof? Nash

cuts both ways;)

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2003, 04:26:23 PM »
So really, the Peace Activitists are simply substituting their violence by sending in their lackeys to be violent.

Exactly!  People within a nation are bound by laws with police protection.  In the world arena between nations, there really are no laws or a force to intervene in matters of disputes.  It is each to its own though alliances may be made.  Unfortunately, and this really is the truth, you are on your own in the world arena and you are either the 70 lb grandma or the burly 240 lb guy that no one will pick on and you can defend yourself quite well.

The world is just one big playground during recess yet there are no authority figures around to keep everyone in line.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2003, 04:28:58 PM »
Tnx nash thought I was gonna have to say it untill i scrolled to the bottom of the page .... we need one of these for the War monger's....  

I heard one war monger say "we'll never have freedom if we don't attack Iraq"... wtf is that supposed to mean!?

And he doesn't have to say Iraq..... when he mentions War .. it's implied.. it is The War right now.  

Don't forget to watch your hate hour...  and careful about thought crimes .. look what happend to Peter Arnett.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2003, 05:11:44 PM »
Originally posted by Manedew
Tnx nash thought I was gonna have to say it untill i scrolled to the bottom of the page .... we need one of these for the War monger's....  

I heard one war monger say "we'll never have freedom if we don't attack Iraq"... wtf is that supposed to mean!?

And he doesn't have to say Iraq..... when he mentions War .. it's implied.. it is The War right now.  

Don't forget to watch your hate hour...  and careful about thought crimes .. look what happend to Peter Arnett.

Peter Arnett should be arrested under the sedition act.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2003, 06:56:29 PM »
i think its great post...

ahhh yes

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2003, 09:06:08 PM »
Elfie,

Good post, it's point is only missed by those liberals who have nothing better to do, but pick apart others opinions, comments, or posts.  

Ohh and hey Animal, I hope the next time I am in Puerto Rico we can try this scenario with you.  Chances are your fat latin arse won't be awake to identify me in the court room, ya foul liberal leech.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2003, 09:18:18 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Elfie,

Good post, it's point is only missed by those liberals who have nothing better to do, but pick apart others opinions, comments, or posts.  

Ohh and hey Animal, I hope the next time I am in Puerto Rico we can try this scenario with you.  Chances are your fat latin arse won't be awake to identify me in the court room, ya foul liberal leech.

"fat Latin arse?"  "Foul liberal leech?" Animal, what's your bait? I read your post and didn't see a visible hook. Must be a bottom feeder bait you can only feel with your whiskers.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2003, 09:20:25 PM by Airhead »

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2003, 11:02:52 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Elfie,

I can even give you my phone number by email. We can meet anywhere and you can seriously try it.
I warn you, do you have any type of martial arts or self defense training? (If so, you don’t have to tell me which, I'll know that by what stance you take after I parry your blow)
If you don’t, then I'll just pin you down and call the cops on you. It is hell here if you beat any American tourist, even in self defense. Excessive force can land me in jail, so please don’t exaggerate your fighting prowess.

Ahhh, I just love a good old internet violence threat. :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2003, 11:11:46 PM by Animal »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2003, 11:10:28 PM »
bodhi will have to stop by my place before he gets to yours animal.

i liked elfies post tho. made me smile. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2003, 11:14:07 PM »
Thats very comforting to know, and I know you will enjoy it even more than I :)

I also enjoyed the original post. Just being a big ******* nitpicking on it (if you recognize my avatar image you'll know what kind of persona I play on this BBS)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2003, 11:18:35 PM »
(if you recognize my avatar image you'll know what kind of persona I play on this BBS)  

i was gonna ask you if you had any spiderman comic books...
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.