Author Topic: did the prince of darkness cause the friendly fire incident..  (Read 703 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
did the prince of darkness cause the friendly fire incident..
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2003, 08:49:13 AM »
If you can't see out your windsheild without wipers going then it is too wet out to be driving.    Besides.... who would need wipers in england?
lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2003, 09:26:15 AM »
Been driving tractors with Lucas starters for about 30 years, - they are actually quite ok.
Have a 19 year old tractor outside (its never been housed) with a fully operable Lucas starter which has never failed!
However, when tractor manufacturer Massey-Ferguson switched from Lucas to an Italian manufacturer, all hell broke loose.
I have a 6 year old tractor with one of those, it's had about 13 overhauls and 2 or 3 replacements!
Maybe the Tornado had some Italian stuff?!?!?!?!:D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2003, 09:32:00 AM »
hehe, I was just working on my Spitfire with a friend (who is quite a spitfire fanatic) and his contention is that it's all about the connectors when it comes to Lucas systems. I don't know though. It just wouldn't seem right if ALL of my lights worked ALL of the time.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.