Author Topic: Any late war PTO's in near future?  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Any late war PTO's in near future?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2003, 01:09:15 AM »
Maybe you didn't notice but it wasn't even being flown but by less than 10% of the allied players and the Ki was being ferried in from the other side. Admit it ... you were whinin' yer guts out. :D

I ain't asking for the Turkey Shoot to be recreated. We both know the factors of that fight. But you seem so damned crippled with fear that it'll happen if the F4U-1 and Ki and A6M5 meet up that I wonder if you actually scored a kill when we had our squad duel. Did you get a kill? I mean, hell .... we were whooped in every matchup except the F4U-C vs Niki ... and I don't see anyone asking for chogs.

Bring on the Nik and stop bellyaching. Just gimme the ol' f4U-1. :D

Originally posted by Karnak
Arlo,

Maybe you'd not noticed that the F4U-1 so dominated the A6M2 that it was something like 45-8 against it.  Further there was no escaping from the presence of the F4U-1.  True, F4U-1s entered service in 1942, but they were not present at every fight.

Further, when we had the N1K2s whined away from us they were pretty close to breaking even in K/D ratios.  They weren't utterly and completely dominating the setup.  True, the N1K2 is a 1945 fighter, but the better Ki.84 was an early 1944 fighter and we don't have it!!!!!!!!!  The N1K2 must therefore be used as a sub-par stand in for the Ki.84.

Sorry if that damages your desire to recreate the Marianas Turkey Shoot.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2003, 05:50:29 AM »
You Know Arlo it realy Pisses me off to have say I am pro Axis.

No body Whined to me I put it in and I took it out when I realised it was a Big Mistake.

I beleave their available in the MA all the time.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2003, 07:11:26 AM »
Well hell, Brady. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that there was some pressure involved. But if you want to insist it was just a knee-jerk reaction then claim you're not pro-axis ... well, I sure convinced. ;)

Now, as far as promoting the CT by telling the PAC players (from both sides) to get stuffed when they request a late-war PAC setup. Yeah, that works too.

(shakes head)

Yeah, I know .... here come the posts supporting your volunteering to work hard to make the CT enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks alot. :D

Originally posted by brady
You Know Arlo it realy Pisses me off to have say I am pro Axis.

No body Whined to me I put it in and I took it out when I realised it was a Big Mistake.

I beleave their available in the MA all the time.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2003, 09:01:06 AM »
Arlo,

I agree with a lot of what you have said in this thread as it mirrors a lot of my own thoughts.  But, pulling the F4u-1 from this PTO was proper.  The A6M2 is so completely outclassed by the hog that it's truly pathetic.

Ultimately, what it will come down to to have a good late war pac is the acceptance of N1K's against Dhogs.  I have no problem with that match, does anyone else?

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
      • http://webpages.charter.net/maddogjoe/index.html
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by tzr

I would like to see a PTO of KI-61 ,N1K2-J and theA6M5  vs FM2,F6 and F4Us
I think this would be fun

Not I:D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2003, 09:35:12 AM »
Ultimately, what it will come down to to have a good late war pac is the acceptance of N1K's against Dhogs. I have no problem with that match, does anyone else?

Works for me.  Some how this would be unfair though.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2003, 10:25:44 AM »
I would love to see the nik more often.

How is one of the most common and hated planes in the MA (that would be the nik) such a lemon in the CT?  I dont buy it.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2003, 11:09:08 AM »
You USN guys promise you won't whine the N1K2 away this time?  :p
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2003, 11:11:56 AM »
Did we do it last time?  I know somepeople whined away an f4u not long ago and lost the ki in the process....

Show me the evidence.  I dont think we have.   At least not in a situation where we had a f6f or f4u

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
      • http://webpages.charter.net/maddogjoe/index.html
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2003, 11:22:30 AM »
Originally posted by tzr
I would like to see a PTO of KI-61 ,N1K2-J and theA6M5  vs FM2,F6 and F4Us

what would be wrong with this match?:confused:

And I promise I will not whine about the N1K
as If I ever did before:D

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2003, 11:36:57 AM »
tzr
 Imho there is nothing at all wrong with it as a late war PTO setup especially from a historical point of view. That however does not apply in the Dueling arena II.
I think arlo summed it up rather well.
"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2003, 12:15:05 PM »
you can look up the evidence as easy as I can.

From personal experience, in almost every late war pac setup in the CT, the N1K2 is either heavily perked from the beginning, or it gets perked or stashed away in the rear due to whining.  In every late war Pac setup, what happens is the Japanese evade BnZ passes all day long.  That's it (and well, that's how it should be if you want to be historical.)  Not many people want to fly on the evading side of that coin.  Every once in awhile, you can fly a Tony against a Hellcat who will fight you.  Don't bother flying a Zeke in the setup though.  The Cats and Hogs just BnZ you, and if you get on top of them, they dive and run.  Like I said, that's what they should do.  It's not fun though from the Zeke perspective.  It's pretty fun to completely dictate the terms of the fight from the Allied perspective.  (oh this setup gets downright asinine when they add in the Spit or Hurricane as FAA or Australian units.)

What Batz says about late war IJN setups is almost always true.  They end up with mostly blue planes buzzing some japanese planes.  As soon as a couple of Ki-61s come in with alt, the USN planes run for their CV, which is almost always just right off shore.

Then you have the Philippines setups with land grabbing...  P-38Ls and P-47D-25 or -30's with gobs of ordnance, vs the Japanese who don't have much of any JABO ability.  Add to that the Hellcat which is CV borne which the Japanese have no counter for (CV JABO wise, I mean) and the USA has a tremendous base porking advantage.

That is what happens in late war Pac setups.  The N1K2 isn't ALWAYS whined away, sometimes it's perked away from the start.  However, excepting in that Kurils setup, the George always ends up perked or limited to the rear fields (that's a far distance in the Philippines map too.)

Yeah, the Hog got whined away and the Tony with it.  Show where I said they didn't whine them away.  Personally, the Hogs I saw in the Slot on that day were not that dangerous to me at all.  They just went straight in, followed the 30 degree rule, and went straight back out.  They'd come back around 5 minutes later.  Not that much of an annoyance.  Yeah, if you didn't see one, it'd ruin your day (if they can make the shot that is!)  Not one of them did an out of plane manuever to maintain their energy and try to achieve a firing position.  It was all straight BnZ.

BTW, slightly off topic, but you guys really underestimate the value of the FM-2.  It can easily hang with a Yak9-T in a 1 v 1, and not just in a turn fight.  It can hang in the vertical with the Yak.  I fought Eddiek in his FM-2 and me in a Yak9-T.  He (and that Cat) impressed the hell out of me in the fight.  I underestimated that plane, and he handed me my arse.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2003, 12:19:37 PM »
I have no problem with Niks vs dash ones.

Originally posted by najdorf
Arlo,

I agree with a lot of what you have said in this thread as it mirrors a lot of my own thoughts.  But, pulling the F4u-1 from this PTO was proper.  The A6M2 is so completely outclassed by the hog that it's truly pathetic.

Ultimately, what it will come down to to have a good late war pac is the acceptance of N1K's against Dhogs.  I have no problem with that match, does anyone else?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2003, 12:25:05 PM »
Just call the damned map: "Late war PAC - Niks and Hogs will be in it. Whiners butt a stump."

Originally posted by Nifty
You USN guys promise you won't whine the N1K2 away this time?  :p

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2003, 12:28:46 PM »
Nifty go find us whining away the nik.  I bet you will have to sift through 50 threads on guys like you squeaking about allied planes before you would just give up.

Anybody even remember the last time a nik was included in a setup?  Maybe that would clear things up.

This kind of whining about allied planes is the crap we hear every setup.  Every setup.  We have a policy in our squad not to fuss openly about what the axis are flying.  Sometimes we slip up, but most of us keep quiet cause we know how annoying and stupid it is.  Wish some of you guys would do the same.