Author Topic: I dont get it  (Read 547 times)

Offline SACWB3

• Zinc Member
I dont get it
« on: April 06, 2003, 11:56:59 AM »
All this anti-this plane, anti-that plane seems to me to be an excuse to post messages because we don't have anything else of substance to discuss.

Each of the planes that have been discussed have been killed by each of the planes discussed. I consider the game conditions to be quite even. Why else would it take so long to win a map? I also choose to accept that I will be shot down and that I will shoot down others in my "newbie spit".

To me, a plane is a plane. If I can learn how to fly it and it is available, I will use it against whatever plane is up regardless of when he is scheduled in the assault or how he executes his attack or retreat.  I appreciate the diversity in the planes.

The only thing I can suggest is to have an occasional nudist beach in the game.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
I dont get it
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 12:00:46 PM »
Gasp!!!  Heretic!!  Burn him!!!!

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
I dont get it
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 12:45:21 PM »
Serious answer here....

SACWB3,  I agree totally with you!  I fly the P-51D, not exclusively, but it is My ride of choice and the main ride of the 339th FG.

The 339th is a Historical Based Squadron.  It was a late War squadron that flew from April '44 to April '45.  90% of the planes flown were the 51D models.  Some B's and some K's.  If you Perk it then many of us may never get "our" rides.  Same with some other planes.

I like the setup of the MA and do not wish to see anything else "perked".  I think it's fair.  Perking the Spit 14 still allows Spit drivers 3 other variants.  Perking the 262's is fair because of their limited use during the War.

To sum:  Perk too many planes and AH may become uninteresting to a large number of CUSTOMERS.  Not perking some planes would cause this SIMM to become Quake-Birds.  Leave it AS IS!  In the end, it makes us better pilots.

Additional Note:  Flying the 51D requires proper tactics. Too often I hear these required tactics complained about!  You must have ALT.  You must retain "E".  You must BnZ.  You must RUN when you lose either or both of the above......or you be dead!  If your Turn-Fighting in a 51D you don't have a clue!

PS:  When an La7 or any other pilot/plane combo kicks my butt it is MY fault and his good flying.  I die a lot :(

Regards,

339th is Recruiting

Offline SACWB3

• Zinc Member
I dont get it
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 01:13:42 PM »
LOL SLING322,

I am sure you will burn me in the air sooner or later.

LOL

:D

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: I dont get it
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 01:16:21 PM »
Originally posted by SACWB3

Seconded.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
I dont get it
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 01:28:25 PM »
lol, you people obviously haven't got to the point where this game is incredibly boring unless you tnb with the spits in 109's or other such E fighters.
Army of Muppets

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
I dont get it
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 01:34:12 PM »
hey , i turn fight in a pee 51D,...you just can't turn too many times, stay fast to last

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: I dont get it
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 01:49:10 PM »
Originally posted by SACWB3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The very last thing I wanna see is JOC, Dadrabit, or RAMAIR  frolicking on the beach without proper attire. Also....... just think
of the controversy this would cause. The very 1st thing that would have to happen is to perk BGBMAW. It just wouldn`t be fair to turn all that ugly loose without perking it. It would start the ultimate perk BUFFS thread. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
I dont get it
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 02:13:20 PM »
Ya know SAC...the thing is...do what you want and have fun.  

Dont listen to the whiners.  

Dont let 'em bring ya down.  

Its your 15 bucks....fly what ya want.

Offline MwXX

• Copper Member
I dont get it
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2003, 03:30:52 PM »
Depends on what mood im in........LOL

Im willing to bet that I die in each plane everytime Im on.....Though I do  like the p-51D and Chog, but thats just me...

Its funny though.....some nights...I just got to change everyflight....just to keep me on my toes....ESPECIALLY on Trinity...LOL

Just had to leave a post on this one....

I AGREE....

If I die, I DIE.....shoot me down!!!!

cuz Im laughing on my end...having a GREAT time!!!

:cool:

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
I dont get it
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2003, 04:22:51 PM »
Gasp!!! Heretic!! Burn him!!!! LOL:D

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
I dont get it
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2003, 04:40:47 PM »
wow...someone speaks sense

Offline palef

• Gold Member
I dont get it
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2003, 05:08:13 PM »
1. P51s are teh suck.
2. I reserve my inalienable right to whine and be annoying, and no amount straight talking by anyone else will convince me otherwise. :D

palef
Retired

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
I dont get it
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2003, 08:46:44 PM »
Originally posted by dracon
Serious answer here....

SACWB3,  I agree totally with you!  I fly the P-51D, not exclusively, but it is My ride of choice and the main ride of the 339th FG.

The 339th is a Historical Based Squadron.  It was a late War squadron that flew from April '44 to April '45.  90% of the planes flown were the 51D models.  Some B's and some K's.  If you Perk it then many of us may never get "our" rides.  Same with some other planes.

I like the setup of the MA and do not wish to see anything else "perked".  I think it's fair.  Perking the Spit 14 still allows Spit drivers 3 other variants.  Perking the 262's is fair because of their limited use during the War.

That's all and great for your squad, but what you're telling other squads (Spitfire squads in this case) is that they should suck it up and use an older model while you don't have to.  There is no difference between you being forced into a P-51B and RAF Squad "X" being forced into Spitfire F.Mk IXs from 1942, yet you claim the former is not OK while the latter is.  That's hypocrisy. The fact of the matter is that the most common late war Spitfire was the Spitfire LF.Mk IX, outnumbering the F.Mk IX in production by 10 to 1, and closer to the AH Spitfire Mk XIV in performance than the AH Spitfire Mk IX.

At the same time players in squads that used older aircraft are also heavily dinged by the freely available P-51Ds, La-7s and Typhoons.  They never get to use their aircraft in a "natural" setting either.

Now, I don't think any non-perked planes should be perked, or any perked planes should be unperked, but I do think the perk system needs adjustments.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-