Author Topic: This setup is boring  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
This setup is boring
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2003, 06:52:43 PM »
Thanks for proving my point. This thread starts at point A ends at point B but you still get lost.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
This setup is boring
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2003, 06:55:07 PM »
Wotan: {whines} I am soooo misunderstood!

:D

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
This setup is boring
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2003, 08:11:48 PM »
Most of the A6M2s I see flown in AH (CT and events) are down on the deck trading front quarter shots with F4Fs. There is little or no use of the A6M2s better climb to dictate the terms, ***and no patience to break off if things go bad***. Of course, many F4F pilots are guilty of the same thing, and get killed on the deck in a slow turnfight.

Gotta get a kill....I just...gotta. R.I.P.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
This setup is boring
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2003, 08:24:41 AM »
HiJack, I don't see how anyone can call a turning fight that results in a nose to nose guns pass as a head on.  If you're both low on energy, the flat turn is about all you've got left in the bag o' tricks.  If you don't turn with the guy, you're going to give him the advantage.  Don't pay attention to those claims of HO.  The "jousters" are the ones that are not exhibiting any "ACM skill."

Besides, you can always just reply "well, it wouldn't have been a HO if you hadn't kept putting your nose on mine!  I was just taking what you were giving me! ;)"
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
This setup is boring
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2003, 03:09:05 PM »
And one of the things that really pissed me off was after getting myself basically vulched 4 times I get on the 6 of an F4f, I get him set up and get ready to blast him and in comes daddog zooming over my shoulder shooting this guy down. Hey buddy, where the hell were you when I was getting tagteamed on the other side of the base. That's exactly when I want your help when I'm all alone on some guys 6 that I survived an HO with to get there and now he's helpless. That is precisely the moment I want you to come blazing in to help. Not when I'm turning and looping for my life trying to avoid ack and two nme fiters, when I've got the bastard helpless and alone. Thanx for nothing.
Just read this thread. Najdorf, I don’t try to steal kills, but I do try to make 6 calls and help out when I can. I don’t recall that night in detail, but I do remember being vulched several times till I got up. After that I managed to bag some F4F’s. If I “stole” one from you it was not intentional and I apologize. After I tired of the fleet ack I found some spawn points for PT Boats and started sinking ships to help out the IJN trying to take off from the base.

I will admit that I don't know the exact location of daddog when I was getting beat up, although it was somewhere in the area and I know I got zero help.
As I said I was getting tagged myself quite a bit. You were not the only one getting tagged teamed. If I could have helped I would have.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
This setup is boring
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2003, 04:31:35 PM »
Daddog:

It was a bad situation and I was just PO'd in general.  It was the culmination of several factors.  Looking back, I wish I would have simply said something on the com channel instead of posting.  I began the post simply out of frustration with the setup and then it kind of snoballed.

In any event, I appreciate your response and apologize about the overreaction.  

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
This setup is boring
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2003, 05:57:26 PM »

You will find I am a pretty reasonable sort.  Wave me off and I will stay out of your way.
Nif, hijacker, Slash27, Batz, thanks! :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
This setup is boring
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2003, 06:01:59 AM »
RGR that Nifty, as I am sure you know, anytime you kill some guys wether it be from the front or from anywhere they always have a reason why you got the better of them except that you were a little better than they were in that particular fight.  Thanks for the info and I agree with you 100% on the front quarter shots, but i just love it when someone texts, " why dont you learn ACM" just after you have killed them, I always get a chuckle when they do that hehe! Just cant admit that you got the better of them, "wont mention any names just to keep things civil" thanks again for the reply just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me about HOs (as some call them)