Author Topic: Toady, You and Me  (Read 328 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Toady, You and Me
« on: April 09, 2003, 02:44:21 PM »
Calling you out Toad.

Il-2 Forgotten Battles is so far and above as a simulation of WWII combat from AH, I call out a challenge in IL-2FB.

First of all, I challenge you to a duel. You take a 109 E model, I take whatever FIGHTER designated plane you choose (just has to have a PROP) and that is included in Forgotten Battles. A 109 E model would be just sweet if ya want.

I claim AH is a GAME, first which has a terrific simulation flight model, and from that is developed only to be a pure “game” for everyone to enjoy. Taking simulation out of the mix at many levels.

I also claim you shat yerself, blow the engine after take off, and I drop fuel tanks on you 3 of the 7 rounds. I even say you can't get over 200 kts ever, but that can't be varified, other than me pasting your jet jock shorts all over the 3D water.

Winner, best of 7, talks smack, nothing more.

I will send Funkyfarts and you a free copy of FB if that’s a roadblock to me schooling this AH junkie in real WWII combat aircraft.

Actually I have a FTP site so you can get it reasonably in 1-2 hours. Fights on anytime this weekend. If I see a post by you this weekend, I know your on. I'll message you the IP.  Likewise.

Love,

Creamo
« Last Edit: April 09, 2003, 02:48:43 PM by Creamo »

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Toady, You and Me
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 02:47:56 PM »
< - whistles the theme song from The Good The Bad and The Ugly
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Toady, You and Me
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 02:57:49 PM »
... hey throw out that FTP addy!  :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Toady, You and Me
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 02:59:44 PM »
LOL! You win!

(I bet I'd be real proficient at it in 3 days, wouldn't I? Everything being so complex and all? How long you been playing IL?)

Was that easy enough for you?

I don't have any IL-2. Played it briefly at the con on Milo's machine.

Bored me to tears (the size of horseturds) so quickly that I resolved I wouldn't waste any time or effort on it.

I haven't and I won't. For me, it's not worth the time it'd take me to program my CH gear in terms of personal interest.

You seek "simulation". Good on yah.

I have hundreds of hours in six axis motion simulators. They don't impress me much either. In all those hours I've had minutes of what I'd call fun. The rest was work.

I've got a reasonable number of hours in various types of WW2 aircraft. Now THAT interests me. Those were fun.

But.. PC simulation? Nope. I'm a gamer. I ride to the sound of the guns.

I don't even play much AH anymore. Hate to admit it, but the recent changes have so decreased the "guns time" that I find myself alt-tabbing out to surf the 'net while droning to a fight.

Had to ask myself why I bother to play if my interest level is at "surf the net" so much of the time. Squad nite is about all I do now.

So, anyway... you win.

Now, anytime you want to have a "for real" landing competition in anything from a PT-19 to a B-767 on a narrow runway at maximum airplane limitation crosswind conditions... you just give me a call, you great big hunk of manly man PC Simulator IL-2 guy.

;)

Nice overall taunt, tho! I give it a 9!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Toady, You and Me
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 03:04:20 PM »
K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

A naked man and a chicken... there's got to be a joke in there somewhere.

MiniD

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
Re: Toady, You and Me
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 03:06:17 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Calling you out Toad.

Il-2 Forgotten Battles is so far and above as a simulation of WWII combat from AH, .

Love,

Creamo

IIRC you were saying that IL2 suxed? and AH was soo much better...      

What made you change ;)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Toady, You and Me
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 03:09:46 PM »
lol, I go on vacation to Chicago in the morning for 6 days. :D