Author Topic: please help me with some tips  (Read 822 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
please help me with some tips
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2003, 03:34:16 PM »
Burning the aft tank 1st seems to provide a much "quicker" plane since it's a bit less stable...it will effect stability of gunnery platform also...A D9 with the aft tank burned and down under 50% up front can suprise someone not ready for it. I dont fly the luftwabble iron much but the D9 is a pretty nice bird...usually I'll fly at 15k or so with a 5k "hard deck". Thats high enough that anything in orbit has to come down to me...and just above the la7's best alts....G10 pony & yak are gonna be biggest threats (IMO) at that alt...tiffie and la-7 once you get under 10k. You can pull 1 or two moves and disengage from most others. pony should be a pretty even fight.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2003, 08:56:58 PM »
scru this, I'll just fly Spit 9 exclusively from now on :)
jk, I like flying a variety of aircraft, except for a few.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2003, 09:05:37 PM »
DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT UDET:D

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2003, 02:29:54 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT UDET:D

when are YOU coming to MA. I'll scare you silly ;)

Offline Maniacal81st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2003, 02:57:26 PM »
Udet,

<>,

First, let me say, don't listen to anyone tell you that a plane is for "veteran" wusses, dweebs, etc.  UNLESS they are the one paying your $14.95.   Every plane has advantages/disadvantages.  The plane does not make the pilot.  The REAL pilot, if you wanna get picky, learns how to take advantage of their aircraft's strengths and capitalize on their opponent's plane's weaknesses.  

When I fly the Dora and someone is able to close in on my 6, I cause an overshoot and give 'em a 20mm enema:)

This is a very effective maneuver, and I have been able to achieve a high success rate with it.  Don't get discouraged at first, it takes practice to perfect this ACM.  Throttle is everything!!! I started to type an explanation on how to do this, and quite frankly wasn't satisfied with the way I described it.  

I would be glad to "show" you sometime.  I am online EVERY night, since I am an AH addict (recognizing is the first step right?)  Just shoot me a message when you are in the arena, and I'll go into the TA with you.  I'm no pro, but have been fortunate enough to learn plenty from others, and would love to give back to the "community".  <> Bud.

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2003, 04:45:29 PM »
cool thanks. I'll give u a shout next time I'm on.