Author Topic: Warping!!!!!  (Read 917 times)

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2003, 03:01:56 PM »
i know someone who told me that you can produce "artificial lag" by simply turning off-on the cable modem.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2003, 03:42:37 PM »
Originally posted by Ike 2K#
i know someone who told me that you can produce "artificial lag" by simply turning off-on the cable modem.

Now that`s helpfull ! Don`t give me no plastic saddle, I wanna feel that leather when I ride.:rolleyes:
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2003, 03:44:34 PM »
Originally posted by Ike 2K#

Assuming you don't lose your connection, which is typically what will happen.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2003, 04:44:51 PM »
I did something yesterday that my victim would call a cheat due to the lag. I was chasing a spit in my Hurri . He was 1.6k away and pulling away. All of a sudden he warped to 300k in front of me. I fired and he warped back to 1.5k and broke apart and blew up... Knit tractor beam in full effect!!!!!

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2003, 05:51:16 PM »
40Dog..These last few weeks have been the same for me.

**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2003, 06:15:37 PM »
warps showing up the cracks in the HTC equipment?:confused:

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2003, 09:19:33 AM »
Still there last night, some crazy stuff happening. Chasing a Spit when it starts it's dance. It should be set to music Then it vanished only it didn't because there it was in my straight six. Game over.

Next I'm chasing a P38 cross country while being chased by two others. I'm gaining he begins a turn I match it. Suddenly there's a massive closure rate. I throttle back to avoid overshooting until I realize it's a head on. I didn't get a shot off. No P38 turns that well.

I logged in disgust.  I suppose it's the internet with that war and all that. Bu I would like it to work to MY advantage a couple of times.

It's not there all the time but just often enough to irritate.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2003, 03:27:53 PM »
I dont seem to have much lag in my other mutiplayer games that i play.  I play a game with over 2,000 people logged in all at once,  so 500 people on HTC servers shouldnt be a problem..But im not an Internet tech person so i dont know...

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2003, 05:05:12 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
We are working on installing a new server, but you have to understand that we cannot control the Internet.  The best, fastest server in the world is not going to help, if the lag/warp is Internet induced.
If you chose to automatically conclude the problem is the server, then there is a fair chance you may never actually get the problem resolved.
I am not saying it cannot be the server, I am saying the server plays a pretty small part in the overall connectivity area and ignoring everything else will just lead to more frustration for you.

Skuzzy I don't usually moan about the warps coz "the nets the net". But these are... unusual.

When stationary or near stationary GVs warp distances of 1k or more simultaneously its not the predictive netcode, its something else. Its almost as if the server momentarily sends out offset positonal information.  These are not the usual net drop in transmission vs netcode prediction. They're much different.

I think the problem has reached critical mass in the MA.

Have you guys had film of it yet? Or do you need film?

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2003, 05:08:13 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan Have you guys had film of it yet? Or do you need film? [/B]

I have a film of a warp...If ya need the film tell me Skuzz, ill email it to ya.

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2003, 07:37:30 PM »
hehe you guys are missing the late night stuff around 2-5am central time. The server is great, hardly ever get any warps that late at night if I can find a plane on trinity that is

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2003, 09:00:10 PM »
Originally posted by mia389
hehe you guys are missing the late night stuff around 2-5am central time. The server is great, hardly ever get any warps that late at night if I can find a plane on trinity that is

Wrong Mia, I play the late night crowd, it still happens.

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2003, 09:10:26 PM »
Originally posted by cpxxx
It's not there all the time but just often enough to irritate.

Originally posted by Vulcan
Skuzzy I don't usually moan about the warps coz "the nets the net". But these are... unusual.

What these guys said. I know the Internet can be screwy now and again but the recent problems have been... weird. No other word for it.

I assume it's a comibation of net and server, hope it's fixable.

Gatso
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 09:13:09 PM by gatso »

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2003, 09:46:41 PM »
Originally posted by mia389

I play at those times also and am geting the same probs as prime time.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 09:50:40 PM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Warping!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2003, 09:50:16 PM »
It has been pretty bad.  Probablity due to increased Net use due to the War in Iraq.

Who knows...?

I'm guessing it will be fine in a week or two.