Author Topic: 7 year old charged with armed robbery  (Read 587 times)

Offline Cherlie

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
7 year old charged with armed robbery
« on: April 27, 2003, 06:08:07 PM »
http://www.sunspot.net/news/local/annearundel/bal-ar.robbery23apr23,0,7147147.story?coll=bal%2Dlocal%2Darundel

McLaughlin said there was something the boy forgot: asking for money. "He didn't quite have it down pat," she said.

This is scary, next 2 year old kids with hold their mothers for random.

CB

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 10:42:02 PM »
It's been happening. Small boys killing smaller kids and pulling other crimes.

I arrested a kid who was about 11 for a curfew violation. He just didn't seem to be acting properly. When I got him to Juvie he had an arrest sheet that coverd over a dozen felonies from burglary, auto theft, attempted sexual assault and aggravated assault. He was out at 2:30 AM on a school night when I got him. His last arrest was the week before. This was more than 20 years ago now.

It has been happening all along. :(
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 11:14:01 PM »
wow..

had I pulled crap like this when I was 7 my dad would have (and rightly so) tanned the hell out of my rear. I wouldn't have been able to sit for a week.

thing is, that if a parent does that today, they could be guilty of child abuse with police involvement and removal of the child.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 01:51:50 AM »
That curfew crap is unbeliavable... Of course it's not good for a 11 year old to be out at 2:30 AM, but shouldn't it be parents who decide how their kid can come and go? You used to preach for freedom and individual responsibility.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 03:50:52 AM »
Heinlein was right.

Perhaps ...

We should beat the crap out of our children.

Why not ... perhaps not that strong ...

Make sure they walk the right path.

I doubt they will still be able to walk at all after being beaten like annouced :p

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 07:25:21 AM »
I ROUTINELY got beat about the head, neck and shoulders by my old man.  Most of the time I had it coming.  The other times, he did it just to make sure I remembered who was boss :D

I turn out ok.  Except for this twitch in my left hand from the beatings....

Nothing wrong with SPANKING on the fanny (as opposed to hitting with closed hands or slapping on the face).  Kids today are seriously lacking in discipline.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: 7 year old charged with armed robbery
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 07:29:10 AM »
Originally posted by Cherlie
[url]
This is scary, next 2 year old kids with hold their mothers for random.

CB

Its already happened bud...my sons have held my wife for years (their mother) random diaper changes, feedings, you name it! They're random! ;)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 09:55:41 AM »
Originally posted by Modas
Nothing wrong with SPANKING on the fanny

ROFL :D  thats gonna make a few brits laugh!

wonder if that 7 year old that got arrested was Dlamb?

418 'Hornet' Squadron RCAF
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 10:00:35 AM »
Originally posted by mora
That curfew crap is unbeliavable... Of course it's not good for a 11 year old to be out at 2:30 AM, but shouldn't it be parents who decide how their kid can come and go? You used to preach for freedom and individual responsibility.

First off, parents didn't know their little darling was out. Second now youngster that age has any business being out and about at 2:30 am on a school night. Third the parents obviously were unable to control their gift to the world, look at the arrest record, tard.

Finally, personal freedom can be exercised AFTER learning discipline and proper use of that freedom. A minor, particularly this one, has not been able to learn that lesson yet. :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2003, 10:15:15 AM »

He said fanny.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2003, 10:40:45 AM »
Why dont you read my post again with with some thought. I was not speaking  about that particular case, but about the curfew in general. Seems like it didn't have any effect in that case.

Btw, what's the point of posting if you can't discuss maturely and attack people instead of their opinions?

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2003, 11:18:02 AM »
Actually tho the best time to do felonies is while you're still a minor. If I had my life to live over again I'd have started robbing banks at five years old, dumped the loot into one of Curval's investment deals and retired from my life of crime at nine. Then at sixteen I'd be a muli millionare, and if I DID get caught all that would happen is I'd get my hand slapped.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 11:33:17 AM »
Originally posted by Modas

Might go to prison for molestering 'em if you do that to a kid in Britain.  :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2003, 01:56:28 PM »
what is a fanny ?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2003, 12:09:15 AM »
Originally posted by mora
Why dont you read my post again with with some thought. I was not speaking  about that particular case, but about the curfew in general. Seems like it didn't have any effect in that case.

Btw, what's the point of posting if you can't discuss maturely and attack people instead of their opinions?

When you post something that resembles a mature conversation we might have a discussion. When you propose an 11 year old has any expectation of being out on the street at 2:30 am on a school night unsupervised as an expression of "personal freedom" you have a preposterous statement. Read again what I posted about discipline to exercise freedom and individual responsibility.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown