Author Topic: B17 Engine Sound  (Read 939 times)

Offline koog145

• Zinc Member
B17 Engine Sound
« on: April 22, 2003, 05:07:13 PM »
First attempt at a substitute engine sound..

http://www.aouu32.dsl.pipex.com/sounds/b17eng.zip

Any comments?

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
B17 Engine Sound
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 05:39:48 PM »
raise the volume and make it mono and you got it(the game automatically locates the sound source, so you can keep them small and still have the same effect);)

Offline koog145

• Zinc Member
B17 Engine Sound
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 04:37:14 PM »
Txs Buzkill,

tried the mono setting..and didn't like it.  Mono sound files on the multi-engine a/c, don't seem to sound quite right.

I've got a set of USB headphones...on a mono file, you seem to get a sort of top end hiss or hum.  This only happens with multi engine a/c.  Tried everything to get rid of it, but only thing that works for me, is stereo.

Point taken on vol. and I've upped it.

Txs

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
B17 Engine Sound
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 06:13:04 PM »
plugged in a set of phones and saw what you meant....with speakers and sub. i don't notice the hiss.;)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
B17 Engine Sound
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 11:28:16 PM »
Originally posted by koog145
Txs Buzkill,

tried the mono setting..and didn't like it.  Mono sound files on the multi-engine a/c, don't seem to sound quite right.

I've got a set of USB headphones...on a mono file, you seem to get a sort of top end hiss or hum.  This only happens with multi engine a/c.  Tried everything to get rid of it, but only thing that works for me, is stereo.

Point taken on vol. and I've upped it.

Txs

You might not like the mono sounds but you have to realize that AH doesn't like stereo.  To ensure compatibility with AH, the sounds have to be mono or you'll get sounds that fade, cut out, etc...

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline koog145

• Zinc Member
B17 Engine Sound
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 01:55:49 PM »
Txs Ack-Ack.

I know that some sounds such as start up don't seem to like stereo.  However, up till now, I haven't had a problem with eng.

Given the difference in effect with multi-engine planes, I'll keep using stereo on their engine files unless I start having problems.

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
B17 Engine Sound
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 04:36:56 PM »
BTW....it also helps performance