Author Topic: has NASCAR hit the wall?  (Read 970 times)

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2003, 07:56:01 AM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
nascar needs to die a painfull death(kind of like #3) and im a democrat.

What an assinine comment, Your opinion is in very poor taste.

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2003, 08:05:31 AM »
Anyone can own a NASCAR team, it just takes a substantial investment (an easy few million). And you just can't throw a driver into a car and expect them to do well, most of the drivers have been racing since they were 5 years old in go-karts or midgets. They then moved up through the different series Truck, Hooters, Busch, Winston etc.

I don't believe NASCAR should fund a minority team, there are many teams that cant race every weekend now and NASCAR doesn't fund them. If they do it wont affect my viewing of the races, and I dont just watch for the crashes.

GRUNHERZ
I agree the cars are not stock, but tell me this would you like to watch a race if you knew the winner before the end of the race. NASCAR is trying to make the sport as even as possible, they are doing a good job as can be seen this year, think there has been 8 races with 8 different winners.

Look at forumula 1 last season Schunmaker and Ferrari dominated, I didn't enjoy any of the races because you knew who was going to finish first and second.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 08:12:49 AM by narsus »

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2003, 08:27:46 AM »
NASCAR should have sent JJ packing.  Now they will be extorted by JJ from now on, what a shame,NASCAR=guttless.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2003, 09:18:54 AM »
so does the NHL pay JJ too?  I can only think of 4 black NHL players off the top of my head.  That one goalie that I can't remember his name, Brashear, Grier and Doig (last two both on the Capitals.)  I don't recall JJ squeaking about the NHL, then again, I don't pay attention to him when he is squeaking about anything.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2003, 09:27:13 AM »
Originally posted by Nifty
so does the NHL pay JJ too?  I can only think of 4 black NHL players off the top of my head.  That one goalie that I can't remember his name, Brashear, Grier and Doig (last two both on the Capitals.)  I don't recall JJ squeaking about the NHL, then again, I don't pay attention to him when he is squeaking about anything.  ;)

Grant Fuhr

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2003, 10:22:31 AM »
people made fun of that protestors death in isreal left and right.

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 10:25:29 AM »
so two wrongs make a right Frog? extemely poor taste...and not everyone made fun of the protestors death.

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2003, 10:40:25 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
NASCAR has "donated" $100,000 to the jesse jackson extortion fund.

What will NASCAR fans think about this? Will they boycott the races or will they still pay big money to see the races?

I can't help it. I get this mental image of JJ living in a trailer court saying "Yo, Bubba. Hold my beer. Watch this!"

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2003, 11:15:24 AM »
""Why is high performance race car with a fake fiberglass truck body considered a truck???""

Hmm the question can be reversed.....why is a high performace race truck with a fake fiberglass body considered a car?

As from previous posts the majority of the body on either the truck or the car is made of metal....simple reasoning is if it gets mashed then it can be banged out where fiberglass can not.  Second metal in such a small thickness is stronger than fiberglass and easier to form and adapt.

As for the individual that made the comment about #3....I am sorry you feel that way.  I will try to remember not to badmouth any of your friends or relatives if they have died.  The number 3 had a name....Dale...he was a father, dad, and friend.  Some of us fall into the category priveleged enough to consider him one of those.

Before you make comments that are off the cuff please consider that you may be hurting someone you did not intend to.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2003, 11:21:49 AM »
".... Actually the only part of the cars that come off of the originals are the windshield, top, and back glass..."

Just 2 cents again....the windshields and tops and back glass are not OEM part...Original Equipment Manufacture....the majority of folks (dont know any that dont though) are using Lexan windscreens and back windows....glass heavier and more dangerous in a crash.

Top...this is not original either....take a look at a Ford Taurus...look at the top...dimensions/curvature/etc are not the same as on a stock car (winston/busch/arca).  Goes the same for the other makes but I love Fords...LOL.

Glad to see we have NASCAR FANS out here!!! Whos your favorite driver???????

NASCAR FAN, REPUBLICAN, Major in the USAF!!!, HUSBAND, and AH ADDICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2003, 11:29:38 AM »
Hey gutboy

I only started watching NASCAR a few years ago, my friend Brian was a Dale fan so I watched him, until the accident at Daytona. So I figured I would watch his son so I am a Little E fan now.

I also like Kenny Schrader, and Michael Waltrip.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2003, 11:40:51 AM »
The diffrence between trucks in NASCAR is my all time fav... Ted Musgrave, former NASCAR Winston Cup Family Channel Ford #16, is in the Dodge #1 whipping bellybutton that can bump and grind even moreso in the trucks and win, win,win.

Had you sat next to me at the Brickyard when Ted was racing 45 seconds behind the pack as they came around turn one (infield seats) you would have had to endure me yelling"TEDDY!" every lone lap he made. Noone was impressed, I had a ball.

That's the diffrence.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2003, 11:41:36 AM »
Cool.....

My buddy Randy...another AF buddy was at Daytona when Dale died....

I am a Dale Jarrett Fanatic!!!!!!!!
#2  Ryan Newman
#3  Elliott Sadler/Dale Jr
#4 Toss up between a bunch

Who I dont like.....

KURT BUSCH....good driver but egomainac
STEVE PARK....Just plain dangerous  hasnt recovered from his crash...in fact a guy that flys with me knows steve personally (used to race with him in the early days up in New England) and admits he isnt 100%...but thats to be expected with the wreck he had...GIve him time....
ROBBIE GORDON.....dont like him ...dangerous in my opinion...Hot head

I too like Kenny Schrader and Mike Waltrip  GREAT GUYS

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2003, 11:42:39 AM »
GONNA START A POST ON THE O'Club forum.....see me there!!!!!!!

:D

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
has NASCAR hit the wall?
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2003, 12:20:45 PM »
Non Athletic Sport Centerd Around Rednecks = NASCAR
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder