Author Topic: film downloads  (Read 573 times)

Offline sqwigly

• Zinc Member
film downloads
« on: May 22, 2003, 06:54:37 PM »
i would like to put a page on my website where squad members could veiw films but i dont want them to have to download them to their computer.is there a way to put a list of films on a page and have them veiw them just by clicking on them?everyone veiwing them would allready have the ah veiwer if this helps.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
film downloads
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 08:36:50 PM »
sqwigly,

I don't think it works that way.

When you open your web site file(s) you have already downloaded the data!

Better to set it up to allow the download of the file so it is run direct from the hard drive.

Cheers

Offline Maniacal81st

• Zinc Member
film downloads
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 05:43:58 AM »
If you want to take the time, you could convert your films to mpegs and post them in that format.  Your buddies can either right click the file and "save target as" or left click the file and it wil launch in their default mpeg player.

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
film downloads
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 08:20:26 AM »
currently I dont know of a way to integrate the Aces High flim viewer into a web browser....and even if you could...they are going to have to download it to see it anyway....even streaming vedeo is being downloaded.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Offline sqwigly

• Zinc Member
well
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 08:57:58 PM »
the goal is to be able to show training videos but i dont want the user to have to download the file to their computer then leave the sight and go run the video from their veiwer.id like them to be able to go from movie to movie without leaving the sight.kinda like yours.

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
film downloads
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 05:17:55 PM »
well then its either flash (smaller files...but lots of time on your end creating it)...or wmv files....huge...but playable thru internet explorer