Author Topic: Large BoB terrain... help!  (Read 517 times)

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Large BoB terrain... help!
« on: April 16, 2003, 01:02:56 PM »
Help!

I've lost my copies of the large BoB terrain that was usedfor the big scenario game last autumn.  I had both the alpha and beta versions - can anybody help me with copies of either?  

Also, I can't recall who built that terrain, and I'd very much like to contact them with a view to asking if I may have copies of the source files.

If you are able to help, please drop me an email at
nocturnal@clara.co.uk

Thank you!

Esme

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 10:55:20 AM »
i sent the one i think you wanted.(takes 15 min.+ to cross the channel) you're in UK and i'm on dial-up, so if it's corrupt you know why. hope it works;)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 08:29:19 PM »
Do you mean another of these which are in HTC's download page:

AHBOB.EXE
1.8 MB  Battle of Britain  (Sundog)  

AHBIGWEEK.EXE
1.8 MB  Bigweek  (Redwing)

I'm a member of CM's Terrain Team, maybe I can help you?;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 08:31:22 PM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 05:12:10 PM »
(a) Not sure, but don;t thinkso, and (b) no.

Imean the terrain that was used frthe large BoB game which Wotan CO'd for the Axis side (and I helped him with the Buffraidplanning). IIRC it my have been called "BigBoB" or something. The terrain was large, elevantions in the UK were normal, whilst the terrain on the Continent was made completely flat, at sea level.  There has been another, far smaller "BoB" terrain, which, IIRC Sundog did which covered afarsmaller area and had exagerrated elevations on both sides of the Channel, and a number of features in it were distorted (like thearea around Southampton, IIRC), somefor"gameplay"purposes. The textures werefab, though, and I believethe same textures were used in the larger terrain that was used for the scenario game.

It's the scenariogame terrain thatIwant - and for preference, the Alpha version, at that (because the clouds were nicer... :-} ), although either the Alpha or Beta would do. If it were possible to have the original files so that it could be altered in the Terrain Editor, that would be even nicer (I'd like to experiment with the newer strat system to see what can be done with it, and I also want to see what can be got out of the cloud editor. And life being short, why reinvent the wheel from scratch? :-}).

Bottom line, though, is I just loved flying around that terrain

Esme

PS: ATM Icant actually load terrains to seeif theyretheone I want, 'cause my normal mouse has died (the spare proved to be faultyas well!), and my pen mouse isnt recognised by AH. Roll on payday, when I can afford acouple of new ones!

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
off-topic..
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 05:22:22 PM »
Hey, Kanttori... care to tell us more about that Finnish band in your link?  And am I correct in thinking that the MP3 downloads only work on a pay to d/l basis?

Anyone that can carry off that kind of image has to be worth a listen! (chuckle...)

Esme :-)