Author Topic: Game police, FM's and other trivia.....  (Read 441 times)

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Game police, FM's and other trivia.....
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2000, 07:21:00 PM »
I wonder about all the posts about uber planes. Realize of course I am only an average stick, and I normally fly the 47, the -25 to be exact. It has lost some of it's edge in this version more to the improvement of other ac rather than degradation of it's own fm.

I have tried all the "uber" planes and my results are about the same. I hit some, get a few kills, but nothing on the order of making the "new" airplane my choice ride.

I never have really worried too much about the "uberness" of one plane vrs the other, I just fly what I like. I happen to like the 47. Always have. I try to adjust when there is an "adjustment" to the fm of my opponents but I generaly find that if I get shot down it is due to a mistake on my part. I have never witnessed any "ufo" charactaristics in any plane. Not saying here some of you havn't, I just never have.

I enjoy the sim, game, whatever you want to call it, and log on for an evening's worth of forgetting that I have to make a living. I normaly ignore the "whines" on channel 1 and just try to do "my thing".

It's not real life. Not even close. Just enjoy it for what it is and learn to compensate for any deficiencies that may crop up. Say something about it in a post then drop the subject. Ranting endlessly about it becomes a bore. At least that is my opinion.

------------------
MarkAT

"It is not the critic who counts,
it is the man in the arena..."
Teddy Roosevelt
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

-towd_

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2000, 07:48:00 PM »
the hog c can kill a tank in a ho nuf said .its not right and they said that it is i guess it must be right  right?

p.s. it is not right even it they say it is.

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2000, 07:29:00 AM »
Got some private email that prompted me to offer a suggestion.

In the next day or so, I'll set up an 8 man Head to Head server for everyone's use.  It will be a 866 Mhz (256 megs main memory) machine running off a private segment Cable Modem (very low latency).  I'll leave it running 7x24 and configure 10Bears great Luzon 2 terrain to offer two sides (allied vs IJN) with the allies having the F4U-1c (HOG) as the primary ride and the IJN being given the A6M5b (Zeke) and N1K2 (George).

I'd suggest that all of the proponents of eliminating the F4U-1c from this plane set, get some of their supporters together and show up ready to fly the "uber" CHOG in some 4 vs 4 against these pathetically inferior IJN planes.  

Since the feeling voiced by a vocal group on here is that the F4U-1c is somehow porked in favor of being an over modeled superior flight and weapons platform, then I'd suggest they give the IJN opponents an altitude advantage as a handicap.    Just kidding !!!!      Equal altitude is acceptable.

I'm in and out this weekend, but I'll leave the server up and try to get on to fly IJN whenever possible.

After giving this a run, it would be interesting to read the resulting posts about this particular plane.  I predict two things will happen.  First, that the guys flying the F4U-1c will get a surprise as to just how average this plane is and how much "thinking ahead" SA it takes to survive in it.  Second, very few, if any vocal proponents of canning it will actually show up and really fly the F4U-1c for very long.  I base this last comment upon the general reaction of people when I set up and leave running the same scenario, except only offer the F4U-1d versus the A6M5b.  Comments about the DHOG in the buffer range from "what a dog", "an absolute pig", "how do you stay alive in this crate", to "someone needs to switch to allied so we have an enemy", usually when it's 6-2 or 5-3 odds against the allies.  I wonder why there's such a reluctance to want to fly the F4U-1d against only a target drone like the tortoise paced zeke?  

Come one, come all.... now's your chance to demonstrate your point.  If nobody shows, then I'll take down the server (give it back to the wife) and rest the case.

Regards,
Badger

Looking for a different kind of environment to discuss your favorite on-line flight simulator?
 http://www.egroups.com/group/flightsimsonline

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 10-24-2000).]