Author Topic: Need info on Helicopter Crash  (Read 274 times)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Need info on Helicopter Crash
« on: May 09, 2003, 07:38:12 PM »
Ok, I saw this video of a Chinook helicopter landing on a boat, stern of the boat, don't know what kind of boat, the Helicopter had 604 on it, and there was a name on it, starts with an A, and has CS at the end, I wish I know how to post this but I downloaded it off of Kazaa, name of the film is Navy Helicopter Crash. And to know you have the right one, the guy filming starts yelling, Sh*t F**kin Sh*t.

Please help me find this, I would like to know the casualty report.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 08:16:07 PM »
Hmmm... may not be the one you talking about.

Click #3

http://www.harry.hirschman.com/Aviation_Pages/HH_Video_Gallery.html

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 09:19:36 PM »
it happened off the coast of california in 1999. was a vbss drill and ship involved was USNS PECOS. 2 helos had marine force recon guys aboard force recon was gonna land or rope onto PECOS. SBU was bringing up SEALs from ST-3 to board from below at same time. first helo got snared on some netting i believe and then went into water. 46s flip almost immediately in water crash. 46 sank inverted in a few seconds. seven of the marines died eleven survived how eleven managed to get out no one could believe. some SEAL and SBU guys actually went into helo as it sinking to pull a couple of the marines out. very sad day more than a couple of the guys that didnt make it had young kids. one of the guys who didnt make it had some confirmed kills as a sniper in somalia. the guy you hear yelling was at that time an officer at ST-3 was observing assault.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 09:23:38 PM »
for casualty report i dont remember all the names. the guy who was in somalia was Dave Galloway and he was from oregon. if you are wondering if someone you knew was killed there give me a name and a week or two and ill find out for you.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 09:30:14 PM »
Originally posted by Ozark
Hmmm... may not be the one you talking about.

Click #3

http://www.harry.hirschman.com/Aviation_Pages/HH_Video_Gallery.html

hes talking about different crash probably than that movie he mentioned chinook which along with dude yelling "oh ****" is how i know exact crash he talking about. thats not a chinook in that movie.

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 09:32:15 PM »

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 10:02:29 PM »
Yep thats it, Nope mom and I were wondering if anyone got out alive, you see that guy in the window observing the landing? Did he get out? Any clue?

Also, did they classify that crash as pilot error? Cause I would've  He coulda let them out then try and unsnare it.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh