Author Topic: Fonts and Text size  (Read 348 times)

Offline Hi6

• Zinc Member
Fonts and Text size
« on: May 04, 2003, 08:51:32 AM »
This for those that have persuasion powers with HiTech !

Is there some way that the Font type and size can be made a little larger for us "old gezzers" that enjoy playing this game with their younger counterparts with 20/20 vision ?  I hate leaving nose print smudges on my monitor.  I am speaking primarily to the font and size of text in the Radio "buff", and to push my luck, the Radio Vox ID's in the top right hand corner of screen, so we don't miss who is speaking.

TUVM,

Hi6

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Fonts and Text size
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 05:14:28 AM »
Agree!

You can change the ID Icon size okay, but I struggle with the map icons - I'd like to be able to change the size and the colour independently to the ID Icon colour/size.
NEXX

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
With 20/20
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 01:38:28 PM »
distance and something like 20/40 near, the font sizes used in AH teally do need to be larger for me to read easily.

Great idea!

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Fonts and Text size
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 05:34:51 PM »
yikes i have 20-50 corrected from 20-450 about and i want smaller clipboard numbers (but thicker lines like bold text). LOL

seriously.... i usually have the map zoomed in to about a 2x2 sectors and see everything fine. if i need to see more of the map i zoom out or click and drag.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Hi6

• Zinc Member
Map ??
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 01:52:59 PM »
The Map was not in question, its the size and font style used in the "text buffer" where we communicate with our squad mates, others in the room, or ALL.  It could be of a different style and size to make it more legible for us that have less than 20/20 vision.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Fonts and Text size
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 03:28:37 PM »
Have you tried changing to a more solid, black background for greater contrast in the text buffer?  Click on Setup then GUI.  Move slider for Message Window Alpha to the top for a black background (or down to the bottom for transparent).  Same with the Radio Window Alpha.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Hi6

• Zinc Member
Fonts and Text size
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 03:44:19 PM »
Yes I have Flossy, but I do Thank You very much for trying to help.  Actually its just the size and style of the fonts that get to me.  Rather difficult to read in the heat of battle.  Once again, Thanks for you concern.