Author Topic: Quick question...  (Read 319 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Quick question...
« on: May 23, 2003, 07:35:34 AM »
Ok...I just loaded up AH on a new machine.

Which file do I need to migrate over so that I dont have to make all new views and so that I dont have to reset all the buttons on my controls?

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Quick question...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 07:46:35 AM »
Just your settings file. It has your login file, views etc. It also has your jsmap file.

If you have custom sights or sounds you may grab those as well.

oops one thing if you have multiple controllers (throttle js pedals) they will need to be listed in the same order under controller ids as they were on your old system for your js map to work.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Quick question...
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 08:00:18 AM »
Snefen has posted on his site head positions for every plane that are quite good. I use them for all planes with the only adjustments of raising the gun sight for better views for deflection shots.

Snefen's website

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Quick question...
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 08:14:01 AM »
stick.cfg - scaling dead/damper file

xxxx.hps - views (head position files, unique to each plane, there's a lot of them).

jsmap.cfg - j/s button mapping

jsforce.cfg - force feedback settings (if you have any)

xxx.slv - (salvo settings unique to each plane)

xxx.cfg (plane guns convergence configuration files unqiue to each plane, where xxx = plane type)

there are various other settings as well...  if you're just loading on a new machine  and keeping the same stick, it's easier just to copy the entire settings folder over to the new machine.

the only thing you'd have to do after would be to delete the video7.cfg file so the game will recognize what is probably a new vid card.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798