Author Topic: La7 is not a plane  (Read 560 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2001, 07:31:00 PM »
I dunnae know what planes ya fly ra but the 1 pingers are still there.

Rarer then before in that instead of 80% time your pinged you dont loose your eng down to about 15%.

But the the ability to loose an eng from a ded 6 shot is alive and well.

I have a ping of me in a 152 with a nme my ded 6 d 450 fires and i see the sprit hit my dash and the eng goes out no other damage no other hit sounds. The film ctd's or I would post it.

I tried la7 for first time forgot to adjust converge and crashed into a tree in a blackout fek that commie crap.......

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
Mandoble I think I have 48 victories vs. 9 deaths against them since they came out.  USAAF, RAF, and IJAAF planes mostly.  In the MA I fly whatever I'm flying in the TOD.  Which is basically anything but German planes.  So guns would be Hispano, Browning .50 and .303, Ho-5, Ho-103, Shvak, B-20, VYa, UBS, etc.  I think I killed one in a Dora a long time ago.  They die just like the other planes.   :)

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2001, 07:57:00 PM »
I dont find the LA7 remarkable in any way except for their speed which is really more annoying than dangerous, ie I cant run the diddlyers down in my Bf109G6. But I have found them to bit a bit tougher to blow up than average, id say somewhere in between a P47 and F6F, with F6F being the toughest AH fighter in my experience.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2001, 09:34:00 PM »
I dunno which 190 you guys are flying, I haven't been 1 pinged since 1.08 came out.

ra

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2001, 11:54:00 PM »
I need one of them special LA7s.  I have died 55 times this tour in a LA7.  Mine must be defective!!   :)

Gunner <CAF>
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
I don't know what it is about the la7 but I'm SO SICK of seeing it, seems like 50% of ppl are flying la7 .. or nik..

I say perk the damn plane.. 7 - 10 points.

As far as the toughness... i would say 190 is tougher but I still enjoy fighting a 190 more then la7

Offline RUSH

• Zinc Member
      • http://daniel_gail.tripod.com
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2001, 05:37:00 AM »
NOOOO!!! Please don't perk the La7. It is the only plane a newbie like me can score kills in. I have a habit of getting into trouble or outnumbered and I like being able to run away with my tail inbetween my legs. I love the faster planes and I don't have 200 perkies to blow on a 262 yet. I finally just hit 60 perkies. So HT please don't take our La7's away. If anything all I see out there are P51s and 109s. Take them away.

:D   I bet I get flamed for that last part.   :D

Offline Kodiak2

• Zinc Member
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin:
La7 isnt all that tough, just tough to hit in my opinion.  F6F and P47 win my vote for toughest plane.  It usually takes me a bunch of hits to drop an F6F or a P47, and while I don't fly the F6F, the P47 can take hits that would kill 5 190s or 109s.  Boy, that was one long sentence   :D.

I don't think LA7 is all that tough either...not to mention IMO it's guns suck.  Maybe it's just me but I've closed to 200-300 yards in an LA7 on nme, peppered the crap out of them and had them fly off several times.  I never expected such low performance from 20mm cannons but I don't know much about gun performance.  As far as the P47 being tough, it should be.  It was very much praised by the real pilots for its ability to take enormous punishment--we're talking pistons shot out and engine still running type of stuff.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
I gotta say here and now that the 1 ping engine dead for 190s is solved for me.

I still get 1 ping engine oil damage or radiator damage but thank god it runs on for a while just as it should.I can often rtb before it totally quits.HTC have answered my concerns at least.

I have a photo in a book on 'eastern front 190 aces' that shows a mechanic working on a 190 engine that has had 2 cylinders blown off.The aircraft apparently made a perfect 3 point landing on its return from battle and the engine ran all the way back.

the 190 was by far the least vulnerable LW fighter according to the many books Ive read.Some accounts talk of whole sections blown off and the aircraft returning and one talks of a particularly nasty ammunition explosion that almost severed the wing (2/3rds split) but the plane kept flying.

As for the La7 I have no books on it, no accounts of its durability, No pilots references NOTHING, so how can we base an opinion on its damage modelling?
For all you guys know, they were tough as old boots or fragile as glass.
If you do have accounts on la7s then post them and THEN complain that AH la7 doesnt match the information.The 190 1 ping engine dead bug was just that, a bug.The la7 doesnt appear to me to be particularly 'wrong' in its damage model but ill now take more notice.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
La7 is not a plane
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
I intercepted two La7's last night with my pony. I certainly had the E advantage, and I used that to 'drop in' and say hello. The first one died to a pure six high speed pass. Instant death, too.

The second one took a two o'clock pass and I pinged him nose to tail. He lit up real bright, but the only result was black smoke. I dropped combat flaps, displaced with a high rolling yo-yo, locked up his six, and dispatched him with two short bursts that severed his tail.

So much for invulnerability.