Author Topic: WTF Lakers  (Read 579 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
WTF Lakers
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2003, 10:59:22 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D

Laker fans (formerly Laker Fans, then Chicago Fans with maybe a stop as a Boston fan or a Detroit fan) are the biggest bunch of pozers in the world.

MiniD

Soory MiniD, but some of us actually remember "The Eraser" and Mr. Clutch, and Mel Counts, and Silky Wilkes and Happy Hairston. Go find your posers elsewhere.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
WTF Lakers
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2003, 11:07:07 AM »
Basketball is not basketball without Michael Jordan.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
WTF Lakers
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2003, 11:07:49 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Wow... typical from you grun.

A pozer is someone that hops on when a team is winning... Those "gloating fans" of teams for whom they've always been gloating fans are, what we who follow one team and stick with them, refer to as "fans".

Those love muffines (like funkedup) that say "Wooohooo" for whichever team is winning is called "POZER".

Laker fans (formerly Laker Fans, then Chicago Fans with maybe a stop as a Boston fan or a Detroit fan) are the biggest bunch of pozers in the world.

MiniD

But that reflects on the team's fans.. Which is an area where you are criticizing me as well. How is it a reflection on the team itself - certainly you must acknowlege that this team has won three championships in a row and that the teams coach is one of the greatest of all time - does this not make them a legitmate winner over the three years?  

Now if you wanna say that many new lakers fans are hangers on to their success then that's fine but I dont see any reson this reflects badly on any team or the lakers in particular.  The lakers are storied franchise going back decades IIRC and they must surely have real lifelong fans.

Seems to me you are sterotyping all lakers fans into this particular group...

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
WTF Lakers
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2003, 11:07:54 AM »
Woohoo yaay Spurs!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
WTF Lakers
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2003, 11:09:11 AM »
Originally posted by funkedup
Woohoo yaay Spurs!

LOL :)

Offline WineMan

• Zinc Member
WTF Lakers
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2003, 11:13:10 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
LOL I just watched ESPN footage of  Fisher crying on the sidelines as the clock ran out on the Lakers' season. I was hoping Tom Hanks would come out of the stands during a fourth quarter time out and say "Crying?! There's no crying in basketball!"

ROFL!

Either that or Jack Nicholson comes off his courtside seat and flips into his "Shining" role and chases the refs with an axe!

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
WTF Lakers
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2003, 11:30:29 AM »
Wine Man, Jack already did that one game only he didn't have an axe. He was standing on the court berating the officials.

I really want the Kings to win but since I found out Kings' owner Joe Maloof is dating Brittany Spears I don't care quite as much. Now it's like hoping a guy who has a custom Humvee gets a matching formula speed boat too. Really, he already has enough.

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
WTF Lakers
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2003, 11:33:29 AM »
haha!

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
WTF Lakers
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2003, 11:35:08 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
The Lakers suck like the Blazers.  Take THAT!

SOB

Dang. No need to be that nasty!

h

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
WTF Lakers
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2003, 03:03:39 PM »
Wait.  Wait just a second...  Did Grun just call someone out for sterotyping?!?  Beautiful!  :D

"Kettle, kettle do you hear me, this is Pot, over"
"I hear you pot, go ahead"
"Kettle, you're black, over"

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
WTF Lakers
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2003, 08:07:17 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Soory MiniD, but some of us actually remember "The Eraser" and Mr. Clutch, and Mel Counts, and Silky Wilkes and Happy Hairston. Go find your posers elsewhere.
LOL! ya... everyone always says that.

Of course, there are a few real lakers fans... just not many... they just weren't cool enough till lately.

MiniD