Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Here we go again
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2001, 02:02:00 AM »
As Eagl & SOB said, good that you have the film. Send it on to Pyro. That's really all that's required.

Noone on this BBS could do anything about it in any event. HTC can examine it correctly and make the proper determination.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
Here we go again
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2001, 04:42:00 AM »
Razor, I fly in Vati's squad here, he may be excitable and pop off the handle like we all do now and then but I have never seen him cheat, I can't speak to what you saw simply due to the fact I wasnt there but I can speak to the character of Vati and IMHO he's no cheat but by all means send the film in and see what HTC comes up with if nothing else just to satisfy your question as to what may have happened.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Here we go again
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »
I've flown against Vati a couple of times, and all times have been nice fights. I've won some and he's won some. His plane never takes more dammage then any others so I really don't think you should call him a cheater. Might wanna check a many times you really hit him and where, what were you flying btw?

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 "EisMeer"
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline rob53

• Nickel Member
Here we go again
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2001, 05:49:00 AM »
I think Razor may have had a case of rubber bullets =)   not quite uncommon here from time to time......Razor, u need to do some checking before you start throwing accusations.....please  

Rob53
rob53
The Flying Circus

MrSiD

Here we go again
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2001, 06:24:00 AM »
Yes, the lubber bullets!

I've had them past few days constantly..
I posted about this before in an earlier thread, but I have to bring it up again..

After the latest patch my weapon leathality degraded, sometimes I inflict no damage to opponent even with clear shots and 20mm cannons.. All I see is flashes but the opponent just flies away after (what I thought was) a sure kill. On the other hand I've experienced a huge amount of 1-2 ping kills, whole parts missing. Fuselage, wing, pilot kill.. only once in these past 4 days I've lost only an aileron or a flap.. Same effect from fighters, buffs and flak.

Been killed from flak 1st burst at 20k+ altitude, repeatedly. Especially the flak problem got me so pissed off that I logged off. Maybe it has something to do with my cable connection who knows.. Ping times are around 180ms (overseas connection) so anything can happen I guess..

I'm not saying that guy wasn't flying a hack, its more than possible IMHO.. But you might have experienced something that's every day practise for me unfortunately.
My gaming enjoyment droped at least 50% after the 'frame optimising' patch.

In my opinnion the patch made a more damage than it did good. Its a shame really, its the first time this game gives me negative feelings for the game itself. But.. I trust HTC will correct the problem in their swift manner.

- MrSiD

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Here we go again
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2001, 07:23:00 AM »
If you think something is wrong, send it to HTC and let them deal with it.  Other than that.. this post is simply a whine.

And RAM.. only took 2 posts to turn this into a thread about you.. congradulations.  What is truly pathetic is that you STILL think you were in the right about the "backwards firing typhoon".  

AKDejaVu

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Here we go again
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2001, 07:30:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
And RAM.. only took 2 posts to turn this into a thread about you.. congradulations.  What is truly pathetic is that you STILL think you were in the right about the "backwards firing typhoon".  

AKDejaVu

Indeed, I am. And more after hearing about other people having the same problem.But that is MY problem, right? YOU are sure that it was not a cheat ,so let it go.

Ice

Here we go again
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
We're not supposed to warp intentionally?

Crap!

Ice

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Here we go again
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
Razor, I have been a member of the AH community for a lot longer than a member of vati's squad.For what its worth, if I had seen any evidence of cheating by any of the pilots i'd be outta here. For a fact vati stresses good acm and team work for effectivness, that is the reason for a dedicated training night every week, you think we go over the TA to practice cheating?
Your way off base pal and owe the man an apology.

Shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Here we go again
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2001, 08:25:00 AM »
I was gonna say...Vati has been arround quite a while and I have never seen him accused in the past. And its not as if this comunity is shy about doing so.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Here we go again
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »

Indeed, I am. And more after hearing about other people having the same problem.But that is MY problem, right? YOU are sure that it was not a cheat ,so let it go.

Right RAM... afterall.. you brought it up.. yet again.  You are the one that continually chooses to call another player a hacker and a cheater based on "I saw something wierd" evidence while refusing to believe any explanation.  Now, you use it like some kind of sword against the community.  The truth is its actually a dagger, and its burried to the hilt in your ass.

AKDejaVu

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Here we go again
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
RAZOR, You're way off base bud.  You know me from AW.  Vati and I first flew AGAINST one another many many years ago.  I was a cz lander, he bz.  as a matter of fact our fights helped me a great deal when I was new.  He taught me much, for which I am greatful.  Over these many years flying against and with Vati I have  never , never seen anything that would remotely even hint at his cheating.  He's to much of a gentlemen to even think something like that.  When he's shot me down when adversaires I know for a fact he didn't cheat.  And when I've shot him down there was nothing remotely questionable about his crafts performance.  RAZOR methinks you better check connection.  Spikes in lags such as I experience sometimes cause what you just described, rubber bullets.  I think you owe the man an apology.  Send the film by all means.  But I'm sure HTC will see nothing wrong.

Hajo

[This message has been edited by Hajo (edited 01-15-2001).]
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
Here we go again
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2001, 09:12:00 AM »
It normally takes about a second or less of 50cal buff gun fire to kill a fighter that is 800 at your six . Remember buff guns (50cals) can hit up to about 1400 .

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Here we go again
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
BTW RAZOR, If your going to post this typ of thing, please have the guts to sign with your handle so we know who you are, nothing comming up under Razor.

Shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
Here we go again
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
Connection problems. I have DSL and I have connection problems. My modem was worse. How would you filter packets? Does anyone use an external modem any more? The very first thing I would look at is my connection status. The next thing I would assume is the other guy had a connection problem. The last thing I would assume is he was cheating. I was an AW player for several years (UNDERDOG). I heard all that garbage about warping on purpose. Wasn't it determined to be the screen shot key? So they disabled it? Other than something like that or the external modem thing how do you filter packets or cheat in any other way on one of these game. Who would really wont to take the time to do it. If they did they don't have much of a life. If that's what they do to make themselves feel good. I would think that filming it if you were having a reoccurring problem and sending it to HT would be the answer. They would be able to make a determination I'm sure about the likely hood of cheating. They would be the only ones that could do anything about it in the end anyway.