Author Topic: Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2003, 11:00:03 PM »
It would be nice if 30 and 40 were equally difficult to take then. Then again, I've never attempted to take 40 from the Allies. Is it supposed to be just as difficult? If so, it doesn't seem that way from the Allied perspective.

And I'm not putting down the terrain at all. I knew it was pressed into service for the late slot (and that's not a bad thing). My desire for the JR skin is obviously a personal preference linked to both the real life VF-17 as well as my squad, what we would like to see become the virtual counterpart someday. 10Bears terrain is one of the best. I'm sorry to hear he's retiring from making or editing them.

My desire for modifying the fleets to two double CV fleets on each side (and nothing else) is to hopefully promote a shift from using fleets primarily for shelling and setting up ack/flack barriers around enemy bases to the projection of air force on a mobile platform. But ... players dedicated to using fleets in a different manner will do so. The destroyer aaa barrier fleets are a bit of a nuisance. But it's not like I can't deal with them.

All in all, I'm not pressing hard for any of the above. I'm having a wonderful time in a late pac CT and appreciate the efforts.

Thanks to the whole team (you included). :) (Hehe .. breathe)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2003, 11:02:37 PM »
Originally posted by Batz
Current ct tour

as of 30 sec ago

Squire has 0 kills and has been killed 0 times in the Ki-61.

He could be talking about MA experience, no? (edit - on second thought .. perhaps not ... with the comment about Sunday. Then again ... as suggested, he may not have flown as "squire")

Never-the-less ...

And the "current tour" makes it look like you've not flown once in the current CT setup ...  so if your desire is to make Squire look foolish you may wanna leave off the whining about a setup you're not brave enough to try. ;)

See you in the CT. :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 01:55:35 AM by Arlo »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2003, 12:12:36 AM »
I can understand you wanting the F4U in US collor's, I wanted it in RNZAF collor's:), since every other map in AH has it in US collors I thought it was the least we could do to honour our allies who faught next to us their, Thats why the Boston is in RAAF collors, in fact it is the machine of  an Austrailian who receaved a VC while flying one. WW2 was a World war and we have people from all over the world who fly it and honuring as many of them as we can is prety cool.

I see your point on the fleats, in the present set up I beleave eddick tryed limiting the total number of fleats to cut down on some of that, their hardness is also considerably lower now as well at 4K for a CV which means that 750 pounds will sink any other ship as aposed to the 1.564K that is normaly required.

AFIK non of the airbases have been taken so far on this set up in the CT, by either side, Some of the airfields have two towns tied to them and I beleave 30 is one of them.

Batz is Wotan of old and he flew in the CT on this same set up long ago we used to run this plane set around a year ago, he is also one of the most experanced and knoledgable people in Ah on this subject matter. And unless Squire has another account I dont think he neads any help in looking bad Arlo.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 12:16:00 AM by brady »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2003, 12:37:26 AM »
Originally posted by brady

Batz is Wotan of old and he flew in the CT on this same set up long ago we used to run this plane set around a year ago, he is also one of the most experanced and knoledgable people in Ah on this subject matter. And unless Squire has another account I dont think he neads any help in looking bad Arlo.

I know who Batz is and how long he's been around and his relationship to the CT. I also know his opinion of this current setup in the Slot and I note he's not flown in it once.

I do see some skillful Zeke drivers flying this tour .. as well as those in the Tony and George. I have seen the odds, kills by one side vs. the other, tactics and numbers fluctuate back and forth and pretty evenly. I have noticed and appreciated the fact that my opponents are dedicated and aren't complaining (and are skilled). I've seen the same from my fellow Allied flyers.

There've even been low level furballs with numbers flexing from one side to the other. There's been numerous occasions of Hog drivers upping from 40 when multiple IJ aircraft have it capped. There's also been incidents of the inverse happening at 30.  And yes, there've been pilots doing their best to exploit the strengths of their machines versus the weaknesses of their opponents.

Hearing complaints at the start of a this terrain/planeset rotation based solely on past experiences may be well and good for some but experience generally stops when one stops experiencing and reputation only glides so far past that. I've seen it elsewhere. And took it just as seriously then.

I'm sure there'll be plenty who flew this one that'll offer up opinions on their experiences. I'm willing to see how things are accepted by the group in the end.

If it ends up a consensus of Allied players enjoying it and Axis players not, then we go from there, I reckon.

But it certainly doesn't appear to be the "disaster" some predicted.

And if, by chance, HTC eventually adds to the planeset in the post - AHII world we look forward to experiencing ... so much the better.

:)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2003, 12:51:53 AM »
A small percentage of players actualy post on the BBS on a regular basses and as most evrything else in life considering the source of anything is a good idea.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2003, 01:11:06 AM »
Sure thing.

Consider the sources:

1: A player who's flying the current setup and will continue to through to the end and offers his opinions - pro and con - as things progress.

2: A player who flew something like it in the past (he may have even helped set it up) and is predisposed against it (or I suppose you can even say for it, for that matter).

3: A player who flew the current setup for an hour or two the first night and had some bad experiences and from that has formed and offered his negative opinion about it with no suggestions for improvement.

4: The player who doesn't post or read the forum and is (possibly) only a statistic on the CT rank page. (Well, this is obviously an immeasurable factor unless one wishes to compile the names and contact the players who were recorded as flying Niks, Hogs, Tonys and Hellcats via e-mail and hope for an honest and thoughtful response in lieu of being spammed.)

Yes, I agree ... as in all things in life .. the source must be considered. :)

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2003, 05:48:49 AM »
Try again Batz.  :rolleyes:
Maybe you should look under the correct game id. Try Warloc.
I should know, I was there and saw most of his kills.
"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2003, 08:31:57 AM »
I'll see you guys on Friday.  I'm completely Pac'ed out, and I'm not even looking forward to the Squad Op on Friday cuz it's frame 4 of Pac.

Please can we have good old Western Europe action next week?  :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2003, 08:56:25 AM »
So far been a good time been flyin all the Japanese rides except the N1K (i suck in that one) I have come to realize that if you can not either sneak up on or get the allied planes to turn the IJN flyers are in for a long and boring fight.Been flying the poor little A6M2 quite a bit and racked up only 7 kills aginst 11 losses and most of these fights have been long and drawn out,and yes the A6M2 does not match up well at all aginst the P38/47 unless someone is new to the plane(most are not).I think Ill try the Ki61 for the most part to try to learn it some more did ok in it last night but still can not land any kills in it.I still prefer the eatly Pac setups but so far this one is not to bad. to all:)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2003, 09:25:11 AM »
Excuse me all to hell for having a different opinion. Flame away. I could post my stats for the CT tour but I dont see why I should.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 09:31:43 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
If Squire is "Warloc"
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2003, 09:31:53 AM »
Then he is 12-1 in the Ki-61.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2003, 10:44:44 AM »
Originally posted by Batz
that how these set ups end up Bore N ZZZZZ the ijn has no way to catch umm.

This isn't exactly so.

In my first flight in this set-up last night I killed 2 P47's in the green Zero. All it took was a 3k alt advantage. At 400mph that Zero sure can't maneuver too well but fortunatly those P47's must have not known about it.

I'll fly IJN this set-up unless for some reason the numbers shift, but with all the uber Allied planes in this set-up I think I'll be offering wasabi enemas to the enemy for the duration.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Whinners an' dweebs..
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2003, 02:29:19 PM »
That's what we got here folks.. Whinners an' dweebs..

I don't know why y'all can't get a mission together. 1 part bombers to flatten the town.. 2nd part jabo's to kill the rest of it.. the horseshoe area by the gv spawn, the town buildings at the base itself.. then just bring in an m3 or a goon.. the maproom is right by the runway.

Can't get buffs?.. fine, park a fleet offshore and have somebody act as spotter for the shipgunners.. then bring onshore lvts.

Should be piece o' cake.. maybe a lil' harder than MA.. sposed to be eh.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2003, 02:39:48 PM »
What we should do is post an areial photo of the targets to kill so they know what to hit.

All sweetying aside this map has some of the best looking bases in AH no matter what map and the general feal of it is unlike anyother, I think Pacific when I fly on it it has personality like no other map.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Booooorrrrriiiinnnngggg
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2003, 04:47:50 PM »
Brady, I think "The Slot" is the best. I enjoy flying the P-47 and F4U and would like to see more of it. However, The fleet..NOT CVS..are a total pain in the ass. I know you are unable to change the settings for flak now without it affecting field ack. It would be nice to "re-design" the Slot to NOT allow the fleets to get withen five miles of land......just a thought...

Ironicly I was watching TV the other night. It was about the reporter (forgot his name) that shot the color footage from the Memphis Bell. He actually asked the pilot to get closer to the puffs of black smoke so he could get a better shot with the camera...LOL funny! I dont think he would have done that in AH!