Author Topic: HTC in compared to other companys...  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
HTC in compared to other companys...
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2003, 03:15:24 PM »
Idle threats  muck thats all they are.......

Pyro answered btw. If you mean it then go tell him thats unexceptable and that because he didnt provide a screenshot in a timely manner, as deemed by you, that you wont be bothered to dl AH2.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2003, 04:23:02 PM »
Originally posted by Batz
Idle threats  muck thats all they are.......

Pyro answered btw. If you mean it then go tell him thats unexceptable and that because he didnt provide a screenshot in a timely manner, as deemed by you, that you wont be bothered to dl AH2.

Idle threats...sure, EA thought the same thing when the FUBARed UO. Take a look at their client base compared to 2 years ago. If you don't meet your customers needs, you will lose them. Plain and simple. Its the same rule for any business. If I'm not calling my clients, you can bet you bottom dollar, someone else is. And if they can deliver, I'll lose my clients to them. Ask anyone who runs a business.

Read the posts again, Batz.

There may come a time when I'm burned out by AH, will try something else, and may not return. Whats so hard to understand?

I read Pyro's reply. I could care less about screenshots. You seem to have missed that. His simple response as to what is going on is more than enough to satisfy me at this time. Though I did not understand what he was saying, I appreciate the fact that HTC continues to believe that customer satisfaction is important.

Thank you, Pyro.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 04:27:03 PM by muckmaw »

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2003, 05:40:34 PM »
Thats different AW sucked and last time I had checked in to it before it closed it was either free or like 4.99 a month.

The way I heard it wasnt lack of screenshots that killed aw but was the lack developement.

No screenshot of AH2 doesnt mean no AH2.

You guys keep comparing apples to oranges until ya find a match. If lack of developement screenshots are enough to make you not dl ah2 when its released I say BS.

Nothing HT does in regards to screenshots will make ah2 get done any faster.

Pyro answered you in another thread. Go tell him thats its bs and if he doesnt produce a screenshot of AH2 you will quit ah and never ever dl ah2.

Or how about this. Let them release what they have when its ready. Ofcourse everyone would like to see a pic or read a faq or have some type of update. But overall as long as work continues the only thing that will ever mean anything will be when its done.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2003, 05:45:24 PM »
lol

Though I did not understand what he was saying, I appreciate the fact that HTC continues to believe that customer satisfaction is important.

So he just hits random letters on his keyboard to satisfy you.

You gotta know how stupid that sounds.

Throw me a bone and I'll be a good dog.

So you are satisfied? lol

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2003, 05:52:43 PM »
Batz-

I am trying very hard not to turn this into another oh so famous AH BBS Flame fest.

Read my posts. Please. Who said ANYTHING ABOUT AIR WARRIOR!!!

I said EA Fubared UO..as in Ultima Online!!!

Jesus, take the pom-poms away and Frickin read!

Now, I don't know jack about programming. Sound stupid? Guess what.... most folks here don't.

I want to know what stage of development the AHII is at. I know that now, because I READ PYROS REPLY.

I wish I could say the same about your reading of mine.

Now, if you want to continue this idiotic diatribe, please do so, but rest assured, you'll get no reply from me as I have exhausted my patience and obviously wasted my time with you.

Please feel free to cut and paste any one of my comments, and send them off to HTC. I'm sure it will break their hearts. Thank god guys like you are looking out for them!

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2003, 06:19:41 PM »
all of you sound the same someone mentioned ea and aw. It doesnt matter who.

Offline brendo

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2003, 06:37:28 PM »
Guys,

I've been following Hitech and Pyros sims since about 1995.

Can I give you a bit of background that may help you?

It is my experience that for whatever personal reasons, they dont tell people what there doing until it is released.

I say this from experierience as I remember what they were like back in the old days of Warbirds 1...2 and the first version of the 3D engine.

People were jumping up and down just to get a sentence of news out of them or a screenshot. :D

These days I know better and just shut up and wait ;)

- - - - - - - - -

So dudes. Just wait and the new version will be released regardless of what the lack of news indicates.

FWIW, WB2-3D rocked when it came out. Prior to its release all we got was 4 screenshots.

I remember when RETNUH and I poished off a carton of beer. Was a great nite for testing out my new 3d card.

- - - - - - - - -

Its just the way it is , as I see it.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2003, 08:45:41 PM »
I'm just waiting for the important thing about AHII...

the in-flight pr0n browser :D
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2003, 02:19:16 AM »
Originally posted by fwwr2005
...And i tell you what the graphics are a hell of alot better and it has more features and stuff...

...I mean look at warbirds3 its more realistic and everything...

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a product endorsement you can take to the bank.

heheh
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 12:59:22 PM by Furious »

Offline Swag Abroad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2003, 05:02:12 AM »
Amen Brother Nifty!

Even if HTC posted a screenshot certain masses would find something dealing the screenshot to squeak about anyways.  Some people are never happy regardless of what you do for them.  

I have never been disappointed with any type of development of the game done by HTC.  I just enjoy flying and fighting on the computer.  I mean, hell, I paid $15 a month to fly in a damn good sim.  I dont believe paying $15 gives me the right to demand anything dealing with the future updates of Aces High.  I am paying for the game already developed.  Hopefully, HTC will give us data only when they believe it is ready.

If I was to believe that my paying my monthly subscription alloted me the right to know what is going on in game developement and I was not getting satisifaction, I would spend my money elsewhere.  For the sole reason that I would not be getting "my money's worth".  But I do not feel that way so when I get back I will sign up again regardless if AH2 is on it's way out or not.  AH2 will be nice but, it is not my reason for wanting to fly the sim.  

I fly the sim for the same reason I have flown it since October of 1999.  It's for the game I can sign on to and take to the virtual skies.  Not some promise of a future update that I believe might make my life better.

Have A Nice Day  :)

Swag

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2003, 08:11:42 AM »
Right On Swag!

It never ceases to amaze me how some guys think that paying 15bucks gives them the right to tell HTC how to run *their* business.

Remember you pay your 15bucks for the current version of AH.  Thats HTC's only obligation to you, to provide that service. Nothing else.  Like flossy said, a half baked screenshot would only serve to give the wrong impression of the game.

So stop whinin and let the HTC get on with writin code instead of trying to please people who just have no patience.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2003, 09:24:22 AM »
Sideways up your pie hole?

The mental image is staggering....

Either way, well said. Not the words I would have chosen but...

Meanwhile, I think HTC should be glad they have such a rabid customer base thats so interested in what they are up to.

In my business, clients calling, asking questions is always a good thing. It's when they're not calling and asking questions that you have to worry.

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2003, 12:10:53 PM »
Originally posted by Oedipus
I find it pretty funny that YOU, just another player paying the same $15.00 who's a "don't make waves-kiss ass-fan boi",  thinks that you have the right or the authority to tell me what my $15.00 entitles me to.  

If you're not interested in pursuing finding out what is up with AH-II then that is is your perogative. You and the few others telling me that I shouldn't or can't can simply wedge it sideways up your pie hole.  
 No one is twisting your arm and forcing  you to browse this forum and I've yet to see anyone from HTC asking for help in combating inquisitive customers.

Just when I thought I'd seen the ultimate in diatribe, the bar gets raised:rolleyes:

I love it when guys lose the plot and resort to personal slanging.  It tells me a: they can't discuss the topic sensibly anymore and
b: there is no more reason to waste any more breath on it.

"don't make waves-kiss ass-fan boi"

rofl

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2003, 01:04:25 PM »
This is also turning into the stupidest thread...ever
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2003, 02:39:24 PM »
I take Pyro's word for it when he says that there are too many placeholders/dummies to make a good screenshot now. HT is prolly neck deep in programming the FM/3d engine mods, and Pyro is likewise busy making new models. When AH2 nears completion it will all come together and I'm sure they'll hit "print screen" for us a couple of times too.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."