Author Topic: Screen shots from films  (Read 570 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Screen shots from films
« on: April 29, 2003, 03:55:28 PM »
I would like to take a few screen shots of a MASSIVE B-17 raid I was in and send it to my squaddies to show them what they are missing to perk their interest.
I now realize it was probably better to just take the screen shots midflight but that's water under the bridge. I did film the whole mission though.
I asked online and got alt-s and printscreen as solutions.
None of those work for me. Alt-s just beeps at me like the computer is saying 'smarten up you marOOn!' or ' Ha ha I'm not doing THAT for you!' and print screen isn't an option because I have no working printer at the moment and I don't even want a hardcopy, although I guess I could save it as a .bmp thru that route if it worked.
I was able to make short .avi s of some short clips but the size was to large to deal with. I'm also on dial up and I don't want to spend to much time sending it.

Any suggestions or options I have not tried?
Thanks in advance,
fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
Screen shots from films
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 06:16:47 PM »
If you use the ah program (not the dedicated film viewer) you can ALT-S.  Remember you can still view films in the main program.

Printscreen in all modern windows versions doesnt print it to the PRINTER...but rather puts whatever is on the screen (except video streams using overlay proporties of the video card (TV tuners, DVD players etc)....but I digress....into the buffer on your computer (like copy/past in a text document).  Just hit PRNTSCREEN and then open photoshop or whatever, and PASTE the picture just like you do with text.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Screen shots from films
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 06:40:06 PM »
I was using the dedicated viewer.
Ty for the info. Off to test it.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline DamPhyno

• Zinc Member
Screenies from Films
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 09:13:55 AM »
It's a little hassle, but...
Go to Avsim.com's file area.
Find a program called "FSSCREEN"
It captures the printscreen key and takes the contents of the clipboard and writes it to a BMP file every time you hit the key.

The hassle comes from cropping the BMP's, then saving them as JPGs... :)

Phydo

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Screen shots from films
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 09:17:22 AM »
Sounds like a useful little 'tidbit' Phydo, I'll give it a look-see.
All did go well  using the in-game viewer and not the dedicated one.
Again, thanks for your asistance,
fuzeman

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Screen shots from films
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2003, 02:56:20 AM »
I'm confused... when you use Alt-S to take a screen shot what happens to the screen shot?  I opend photo shop and could not paste..... and I looked in all the folders in AH for screen shots and couldn't find any.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Screen shots from films
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2003, 03:43:57 AM »
TW9... thanks for your help and fast response.

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve