Author Topic: SE's all of them  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
SE's all of them
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2003, 12:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
what we used to have in WB is you just have a password for each forum and each side CO is responsible to give it to the squads (you change the password every event)
These forums used to work like that, but using passwords was not considered very secure as they could be passed on!  With the current forums, the only way we can have private forums is for each persons name to be individually added - it's more secure, but also much more work.  It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is, I'm afraid.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
SE's all of them
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 12:48:16 PM »
you want to tell me you cant trust AH players? :(

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
SE's all of them
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2003, 12:53:39 PM »
It's not as simple as that anyway now.  These forums don't support password protection.  However, when passwords were used for scenario forums, there was always the worry that spying could/did go on.  This was before my time in the CM team, so I have no idea whether it went on or not.  The forums changed about a week before I joined the team.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
SE's all of them
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 02:44:17 PM »
this sucks :mad:  :(
i did noticed the AH comunity is more "dweebish" (no offence)
but i hoped that the part of the comunity that flies in those types of scenarios will be as good as the WBs part
i mean the whole idea behind those things is to have fun much more fun

i must say im pretty shocked :(

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
SE's all of them
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2003, 03:08:48 PM »
I am not saying any spying does/did go on - just that it would have been possible;  however, the point is moot.  The fact is, to have private forums means having each person added manually by Skuzzy.  This is one thing for Scenarios where players stay with one side for the duration, but out of the question for other events where sides are constantly changing.  It is just not practical.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
SE's all of them
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2003, 03:55:39 PM »
It's really not all that different from WB Flyboy. I came from WB's where I mainly just participated in events there and then I moved to AH with a little hesitation about the quality of the events here. I soon found out that my hesitation was unwarranted as the events here in AH are in most cases every bit as good and some even better than those in WB's imo.
There are some minor differences but basically the Squad Ops events here are very much like the S3 series in WB's while the snapshots here are comparable to Scenario Lites.

As far as dweebish behaviour goes, well there is no real safe haven from that now is there? ;) But just like WB's, bad behaviour is much more rare in events than in the main arena etc.
Just keep in mind that there are bound to be a few bad apples in the crowd and as the population increases it is only normal to see more bad apples from time to time. From what I have saw though, it has not been a major problem in events.

I hope you will give the AH events a fair shake before judging them to harshly. It is good to see a fine squad like 101 Israel coming to AH. Our old WB squad (416) always enjoyed flying events with Viff and the rest of 101 Israel gang.
"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."