Author Topic: Film Viewer Feature Request  (Read 265 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Film Viewer Feature Request
« on: June 01, 2005, 12:41:18 PM »
The film viewer is nice if you want to check something out from a different angle.... But it totally sucks for re-creating the feel of the original flight. I think the following would allow us to re-live our films better. This also applies to those that want footage from AH and have it filmed, but converting from the film viewer lacks a certain oomph.

For playback:

- include damage screens.
- Include generic clipboard (not everything on it, just a fill-in, so people know you're consulting the map).
- Include proper views somehow. Make the film viewer read the AH2 view files for the plane being used, then apply them. Nothing looks worse than looking dead 6 in most planes and having no idea what you're supposed to be seeing past the seat and the fuselage.
- Allow an option to include the text buffer on the screen, instead of a separate window.

OPTION:

RE-include the internal AH film viewer. From the clipboard. This immerses you more in the game itself, and while clunky for an interface, once the film starts rolling you don't need the interface. This might allow better use of view files, or of displaying damage or clipboards, etc.

For editing:

- For those editing films, and/or have screwed up a film (and don't have a backup) please include a "strip all views from file" command.
- Consider applying changes to the file in memory or in temporary files, and NOT saving anything. When you open a new file or close an existing file that has changes you will be prompted to save your work.

I know, I know... Low priority. But I'd like to present them to HTC now so that they can consider them for when they have time to work on such things.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Film Viewer Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 03:21:01 PM »
I agree with you Krusty on those things and it sucks that the AH Film Viewer is a low priority subject for HTC.  I have the problem with it locking up or after I select a portion to be recorded so I can edit it... it records the tower.    It will disapear from the computer but when I do ctrl+alt+del to see what is running that could screw it up....the AH Film Viewer is still running!!
Oh well.... I might switch to FRAPS, but then you are limited to internal views only in a fighter and can't get clips from other planes or from the enemy your shooting down!  I wish life was just peachy....but it isn't.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~