Author Topic: Anatomy of a suicide dweeb.  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Anatomy of a suicide dweeb.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2003, 06:56:25 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
so in return for screwing up a  group of players fun you want to screw up a different group of players fun...

SHUTUP AND FLY

If you think you can, try and stop me.  After all, a good DEFCAP is the best way to deter ground attack missions (by ground attack missions, I mean A2G sorties) instead of trying to get HT to code them out of the game.

Personally, I like both the strategic and tactical elements of this game.  I like diving down in my P-38L and wiping out any ground target I engage just as much as I enjoy dogfighting.  Just like there is a perverse glee in vulching, there's also one in porking a field.  

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2003, 07:13:52 PM »
why your replying to my post is beyond me...that was a noninvolved noncommitial thrid party comment...

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Re: Follow up
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2003, 09:41:19 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
And, BTW, Apache, you need to work on your (not "you're") grammar.  I read just fine.

You have been teleported back to the tower 20 times this tour, according to the stats.  Congratulations.  You are a really good simulated fighter pilot.  How long have you been doing ACM simulations?  

What did you object to in my description?  How would you describe the jump from the cockpit (or the ground) back to the tower?  I like "teleport", as it seems to be an apt description.  Quoting from "How Stuff Works" online magazine: (http://www.howstuffworks.com)

Teleportation involves dematerializing an object at one point, and sending the details of that object's precise atomic configuration to another location, where it will be reconstructed. What this means is that time and space could be eliminated from travel -- we could be transported to any location instantly, without actually crossing a physical distance.  
Most of us were introduced to the idea of teleportation, and other futuristic technologies, by the short-lived Star Trek television series (1966-69) based on tales written by Gene Roddenberry. Viewers watched in amazement as Captain Kirk, Spock, Dr. McCoy and others beamed down to the planets they encountered on their journeys through the universe.

'Nuff said?

And, by the way, I'm talking about Jabo runs, too.  You need to look at it from my side to understand my post.  But, that seem sto be most of the issue--you (as a class) "don't sully the purity of my ACM dance" self-centered furballers are CONSTANTLY whining about every other player type.  Why don't I see a lot of whining about the uncooperative furballers?

shubie

"GET THEE HENCE UNTO THE DUELLING GROUNDS, THOU FURBALLER ELITIST"

Now you're (not your) being a dick, but thats to be expected. Can't argue with substance and relevance to the thread so treat this debate as you do the MA, a school yard play ground.

Oh and I don't want to go to the DA.

PS. Its only 16.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2003, 09:50:47 PM »
the community as a whole is a bus...its up to you if its a short bus a regular bus or a coach trip bus...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2003, 09:20:38 AM »
vorticon... I am all for integration but.... ever since that big "special kids" school closed down all the short buses have been delivering the special kids here to AH..  Some of em aren't too bad but most of em are pretty slow I can't hardly stand the milk breath and fart jokes anymore.  all the screaming and crying for attention is gettin gon my nerves I guess.  

ack ack... why don't you just play a boxed sim?  If building battling is so much fun for you.

Maybe they will revive that other sim?
lazs

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2003, 03:33:11 PM »
Now who went and pulled herberts talk chain ??

Give him time, dying over and over and over again killing buildings gets old after awhile. He's a couple of months in doing what he can do for the "greater" good..

Another ten thousand sorties and he'll start workin on other stuff.

...THAT won't take long.

Then one day he'll end up in situation fighting for his life, his hair will catch on fire, he'll kill the bastage and enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from air combat..

Not to mention the satisfaction of landing them..

Won't you ???

Hubert ???

WON'T YOU ???
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2003, 06:31:53 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
vorticon... I am all for integration but.... ever since that big "special kids" school closed down all the short buses have been delivering the special kids here to AH..  Some of em aren't too bad but most of em are pretty slow I can't hardly stand the milk breath and fart jokes anymore.  all the screaming and crying for attention is gettin gon my nerves I guess.  

No offense intended but most of the whiners and dweebs in AH were here long before the AW Exodus.  You're a shining example.

ack ack... why don't you just play a boxed sim?  If building battling is so much fun for you.[/b]

Why?  Because I like both the strategic and dogfighting elements in the game?  

I've been playing online flight sims for 10 years now and I've come to realize in that time that people will always play how they like to play.  Some people like to run ground attack sorties, some like just to dogfight all day and some like myself enjoy doing both.  With either playing styles, the common thing is that all groups want to have fun.  You on the other hand want to curtail that fun for a certain segment of the player base and that is far more dweebish than someone doing a Pork 'N Auger run.

Here's also a bop on the head with the Clue-stick.  If you want to stop attacks on your base, then why not try defending it?  DEFCAP works wonders and so does a good counter-attack.

lazs [/B]

God, I hope not.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 06:59:46 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: Anatomy of a suicide dweeb.
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2003, 07:13:07 PM »
Originally posted by Apache

His:
Bailed:       252

Mine:
Bailed:        0

Looks like you are the suicide dweeb.  

Why aren't you trying harder to live by being a bail-out dweeb?

Offline Otter

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Can you say "duelling arena"??
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2003, 09:22:41 PM »
Reading comprehension you're weak point? You're arguing jabo runs. I stated plainly "suicide". There is a difference.

Spelling yours?

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2003, 11:53:37 PM »

ack ack... why don't you just play a boxed sim?  If building battling is so much fun for you.

lazs

Hey laz.. your a self absorbed fool.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Follow up
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2003, 12:44:43 AM »
... Can't argue with substance and relevance to the thread so treat this debate as you do the MA, a school yard play ground.

Oh and I don't want to go to the DA.

PS. Its only 16.

Sorry about the long delay in responding, I was busy getting shot down.

You can quibble about the numbers, but ditching, bailing, and getting captured would all be career-ending in the real world, and are penalized in perk point awards here.  Twenty times you have gone up and not come back with an airplane.  Them's the facts, jack.

I looked at your stats again, and noticed that you haven't flown a single attack mission this tour.  Only 1 bomber mission (you ditched and didn't bomb anything) and 4 vehicle sorties.  It looks to me like we aren't even playing the same game.  I submit that your stats would look a lot more like a "suicide child's" stats if you flew down into the ack once in a while.  

The robo-ack is absolutely freekin' DEADLY.  P38s are very maneuverable and fast when light, but turn into flying bricks when heavy. The same is true for all the jabos.  A moment's inattention and somebody in a spit is all over you (yes, cdog, I'm talking about you : ).  Let's not even mention that whole compressibility thing!  This stuff ain't that easy.  I would bet, and see from some of the posts about how bored I will become if I continue to attack strat, that you never got very good at it, and decided that it was a losing proposition.  That attitude has been described as one lacking in persistence.  Do you often find yourself becoming frustrated, and "giving up"?  Have you ever been diagnosed as suffering from Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder?

If you look in the online help for the game under "Aces High Game Play", they list two categories--strategic targets and capturing fields.  No entry for furballing.  The game is designed as a team effort to capture territory and win points.  Is furballing ok?  Heck, yes.  Is bombing ok?  Why, sure.  Should someone spend time in tank town?  Go for it, it's a free virtual community.

Apache, I notice that the first insulting post in this thread came from you.  It is typical for someone on the short end of the facts stick in an argument to take it to a personal level, rather than try to argue the issue.  This is usually followed by accusations of doing just that against the other parties when they react to the combative language.  I hear nothing from you except "you shouldn't do that because I don't like it".  Those that are on my side of this discussion are putting forward an argument that we are within our rights to play the game the way we want to, and trying to present you with facts to back it up.  I say again, GET THEE HENCE UNTO THE DUELLING GROUNDS if you don't like the way things work in the MA.  Those of us that DO like the way things work in the MA will miss you, but we'll get over it.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2003, 01:22:05 AM »
now now hubert don't get all hissy on us...

All I am saying is that you should have to show a little more skill if you want to affect the gameplay of so many players... the furballers also affect the gameplay of others but... it is balanced.  what you do is make things less fun for whole groups of people and you do it with minimal talent... certainly you see that you should have to earn the right to do so?

I see nothing wrong with perking bombs over 100 lbs... the gv guys have to earn perks to drive uber tanks... us fighter guys have to earn perks to fly uber planes... even the fluffers have to earn perks to flly the uber fluffs so.... why shouldn't you have to show a little skill in order to earn jabo bombs?    What makes your fun so much more iomportant than anyone elses?   All the other guys have to earn the right to have an unfair advantage.
lazs

Again with the put-downs, Less?  You could, you know, stop me.  It happens ALL THE TIME.  Try defending the base.  Get smart, do it from somewhere else other than right over it.  If you intercept me on the way in, I will drop my ordnance in the water.  Base not porked.  You get a kill.  I get the learning experience of trying to fend you off.  Everybody has fun.

How is it "balanced", Less?  Furballers affect my gameplay when they come out of the furball and intercept me.  I don't get to drop my bombs and earn my perk points.  I think that statement is absolute BS.

Why should I need to "earn" the right to play with bombs?  Don't I pay my money for the right to play the game, just like you?  Some planes and tanks are perked because they have perfomance that is much superior to the rest of the stable.  That's what Hitech says in writing in the help files.  No weapon is perked-- and don't try to pick that statement apart by saying that a plane is a weapon.  You know what I mean.  I think a better idea is to make you fly nothing but hurricane Is.  That would even out the skill mismatch, and maybe I would survive more often. (disclaimer: the previous statement is a use of the concept of irony, in order to make a point.  I don't want you to be limited in your gameplay in any way)

My fun is more important to me than your fun is.  I can safely assume the reverse is true, since you are so passionate about your argument.  If you want to know the truth, I don't care if you have fun.  Not being rude, just stating the way the world is.

What "unfair advantage" do I have when I'm in a heavy fighter, and you're in a light one?  Does carrying a bomb somehow make me invincible, or invisible, or faster, or more maneuverable?  Of course not.

By the way, oh Fighter Pilot Elite, what were you doing in that ack gun on the carrier?  That certainly doesn't sound like the pure sport of jousting with the other Knights of the Air.  Can you say "disingenuos"?  Sure, I knew you could.  I hope you enjoyed the prox kill I provided for you when I augered.  One of these days, I'll figure out this whole virtual pilot thing...;)   The other time you shot me down was legit.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Re: Is it me??
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2003, 01:27:36 AM »
but we need to remember that it's a GAME, darn it.  It ain't real life.

but we need to remember it's just a Bulletin Board where people express their opinions , darn it. It ain't real life.

Stop trying to limit what players think of the game.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Can you say "duelling arena"??
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2003, 01:37:48 AM »
I completely understand that my way of playing might--just might--inconvenience you.  I am sorry, but I prefer my fun to your fun.  

... a true product of the "ME" generation.  Laz and you really would get a long great were it not for the fact that at least he tries to put a little "sim" into the game.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 01:50:05 AM by Tumor »

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2003, 01:48:11 AM »
Again with the put-downs, Less?  You could, you know, stop me.  It happens ALL THE TIME.  Try defending the base.  

Easily said from a self-proclaimed suicide dweeb.

Whether a furballdork or a Stratdork... at least they each have valid arguments.  Proclaiming yourself a "suicide dweeb" and being proud of it is nothing more than plain and simple stupidity.  "Suicide dweebs" do one thing.. take quality away from the game.  HTC has in the past made a few minor changes to stop the "suicide dweeb" idiocy... however they, as long as the price for AH stays low, will always figure out how to muck up the game and go about it laughing and clapping like a bunch of mindless retards.  There's nothing like having $15 bucks to burn on screwing a large majority of others gameplay is there?  Well, if thats what rocks your boat.. more power too ya.  We all know you'll be long gone years after the rest of us (who as a matter of fact probably despise each other much more than you'll ever be able to comprehend) will still be arguing and bickering over real "simulation" issues.

Rock on knucklhead, keep killin yourself in the name of "ME".