Author Topic: Very basic chemistry questions-  (Read 240 times)

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
Very basic chemistry questions-
« on: May 23, 2003, 04:49:09 PM »
Can an atom have more than 4 valence shells (1s,2s, 2Pxyz)?
Can a organic molecule have more than 4 valence shells?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 04:52:40 PM »
Very basic answer - yes it can.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 12:27:51 AM »
Hehe, I got lucky in college and had an easy Chemistry professor.  His name was Dr. Q and he gave all answers to his tests in class one week prior to exams.  If you didn't get an A in his class, you just weren't trying.:D

Now Lab was another breed of cat entirely.  I don't know how honorable this was, but I  found a girlfriend who knew what she was doing.  I was very studious, so I guess it was good in a way...to have a girlfriend in college.

I'm kinda ashamed for what I did, using her for that, but she wasn't all that bad looking.  I don't think she minded it.

She helped me pass the lab courses...without her I never could have done it.  I copied her lab reports, though I got a C when she got an A.  Sometimes people help each other out that way.   She knew I needed help with science, seeing how I'm art oriented.  Without her, I probably would have never passed the course.

Les