Author Topic: main arena changes  (Read 1769 times)

Offline sqwigly

• Zinc Member
main arena changes
« on: May 25, 2003, 12:28:42 AM »
Well every one is starting to find out that youve changed the map rotation format.Now all i hear is "what good is taking a base?"in my opinion youve taken the whole point of the game away.The main arena has become one big furball.This is fine if you play for stats but as most of us know,stats can be faked.So whats the point?.when the map changed every time someone won it,people fought to win.People who hated the map fought to get rid of it and people who liked it fought to hold it,I heard it all the time.Maps should never be reset unless someone wins it,this takes away from the realism of the game.If it takes a month to beat a team then it takes a month,thats war.Now everyone is discuraged and theres talk of quiting. I dont want to quit,i love this game and i think its the  best around,i put alot of time into my squad. So please consider that no one likes what youve done and maybe change it back.If nothing else please tell me the logic behind the change?

Theres power in numbers so if you agree that it should be chaged back please post a reply here and let them know.if you dissagree post it and tell me why its a good thing.

ty
Sqwigly   C/O  Fate

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
main arena changes
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 12:39:02 AM »
I agree the map should not be changed till a winner emerges, and if people talk about the maps getting boring well i dont see the logic behind that as in Air Warrior we had the same map for 3 years, and it was fine with me and the rest of my squad

Offline SixxGunn

• Copper Member
main arena changes
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 01:55:22 AM »
Why couldnt they just go back to the old format (Win the war the terrain auto rotates).

But also do a manual terrain reset on Fri like now.

That way you win the war the map rotates, but no map will be up for longer than a week.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
main arena changes
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 02:56:59 AM »
You make a valid point, though I'll have to disagree,,,
IMO people like taking fields and/or fuballing
because they like taking fields and furballing, not because they want to rush to the next map, I may be wrong,but why do we rush thru 3 nice historical maps in a day or two,  just to get stuck on Pizza or Trinity for a week?
(not that i mind those 2 maps,,there kinda growing on me now,,as long as i zoom in on map,and focus on trying to stay in a certain area)

In WB's a map would last all TOD(3 weeks),  most  very much enjoyed going after the  reset, even though doing so just started the map back over.
For me the enjoyment of helping the team win the reset, far outweighs the perkies or the desire for the next map

S!
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
This new rotation system was the community's choice...
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 03:24:23 AM »
I wonder why HT even tries to help sometimes.  It's like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

The new map rotation system was put in place as a responce  to the community's cry of having the same map for weeks at a time.  This is what the community wanted and it's what it got and now you're pissing and moaning to HT about it?

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
main arena changes
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 03:49:14 AM »
^ just viewed about a dozen of your '38 films,,,g/f man!

you woulda loved the '38f in 2.77
Cooleyof 367th

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
main arena changes
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 04:00:51 AM »
There are too many map whiners in this game. And there are too many people who whine about "choices". I always think back to how the real WW2 was, and what choices the soldiers and airmen had then.

People whine about the maps, whine about map rotation, whine because of fields too far apart, whine about darkness... it's totally out of hand.

I agree with Cooley about WB. Same map for 3 weeks, and no-one complained. Still, we had stealth missions in WB, and much, much less suicide smashdown gaminess. Cooley - remember that "Waterworld" map with field 19 in the SW corner, and field 31 half way up the western side? That was my favourite.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
main arena changes
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2003, 04:11:52 AM »
CC,also known as the Volcano map (field 8 i think) fun map

still in rotation in the 2.77 FO arena,,pretty intresting arena now, about 40+ diehards there that wont go to wb3, even though the low #'s, it was kinda fun cause of all the little personal rivalrys there, you would give up your first born before you would change color,,and you could quickly identify who you were fighting within seconds of seeing thier ACM
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
main arena changes
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2003, 04:39:01 AM »
Originally posted by Cooley
^ just viewed about a dozen of your '38 films,,,g/f man!

you woulda loved the '38f in 2.77

Thanks.

I know flying the P-38F was fun in WB 2.77.  It was the only thing that kept me flying until the J and L model were available.

Ack-Ack
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 04:48:52 AM by Ack-Ack »

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
main arena changes
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2003, 05:00:22 AM »
Hey AKAK, what was your WB handle?

Yes, Week 1 of the WB RPS was bad for me, especially as Axis flying the 109E. It once took me a week to get 8 kills in that thing. I got so desperate that I waited for my Dutch squaddies to retire for the evening, and then I changed sides to Allied! :eek: Hehe, got as many kills in the next hour with the P38F as I had got in a week with the 109E. But the P38F compressed badly in WB. The J was better, but the L had powered controls and was able to use its speed. However, in AH, the P38L seems to suffer from the same compression problems as the F in WB - can you comment?

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
main arena changes
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2003, 05:44:11 AM »
Well, you know the saying..

You can please all of em some of the time, some of em all of the time, but you can't please all of em all of the time.

Thanks HT, for your commitment in trying to please all of us all of the time.

Offline sqwigly

• Zinc Member
okay
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2003, 06:17:05 AM »
well thats all really interesting but since you guys dont seem to care about the game format much,can some one at least tell me what the point of the game is now?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
main arena changes
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2003, 07:08:01 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Hey AKAK, what was your WB handle?

Yes, Week 1 of the WB RPS was bad for me, especially as Axis flying the 109E. It once took me a week to get 8 kills in that thing. I got so desperate that I waited for my Dutch squaddies to retire for the evening, and then I changed sides to Allied! :eek: Hehe, got as many kills in the next hour with the P38F as I had got in a week with the 109E. But the P38F compressed badly in WB. The J was better, but the L had powered controls and was able to use its speed. However, in AH, the P38L seems to suffer from the same compression problems as the F in WB - can you comment?

ack-ch was my WB handle, flew with the MOL on the Goldies side.

I don't see any compressability similarities between the P-38L of AH and the P-38F of WB.  In AH, you really have to work at getting your P-38L into it while the P-38F in WB was pretty much the opposite, you kind of had to work to keep it out of it.  That's why when I flew the P-38F and the J, I never went above 15,000ft in WB because of compressability but when the L model was available, on with the space suit because I was going to go to 20k and bag me some Barneys.

Ack-Ack

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: okay
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2003, 07:18:44 AM »
Originally posted by sqwigly
well thats all really interesting but since you guys dont seem to care about the game format much,can some one at least tell me what the point of the game is now?
To do whatever you want, and have fun doing it!  :D  I like to fly bombers, so will continue to bomb and capture bases;  I also like to defend fields in an Osty or Field Gun, so will continue to do that too.  If you get bored with the MA, there is always the CT or you can take part in Special Events - which do have a set purpose.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: okay
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2003, 07:40:41 AM »
Originally posted by sqwigly

I always thought the point of this game was to have fun.

You can always ask HT to increase the reset perks you get for winning the map as a motivation to win the map.  I'm sure a lot in the community would go for that.

Ack-Ack