Author Topic: B29 Super Fort  (Read 697 times)

Offline Emptygun26

• Zinc Member
B29 Super Fort
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2003, 10:58:35 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
Let's not drag history into this.

Then rambel on about it for two paragarphs? :rolleyes:

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
B29 Super Fort
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2003, 11:11:44 PM »
Originally posted by Emptygun26
In fact, you can say without a doubt it was the bomber that saved more lives than it took. Had we had to assualt Japans mainland with our troops. Who knows what the out come would have been. For both sides.

Bs, you know how many people died in the firebombing of japanese cities and the nukes by b29's?

Originally posted by Emptygun26
Armament: Four GE twin-0.50 in turrets above and below, sighted from nose or three waist sighting stations; Bell tail turret, with own gunner, with one 20mm cannon and twin 0.50in; internal bomb load up to 20,000lb (9072kg). With modification, carrier two 22,000lb British bombs externally under inner wings.

So we can carry two of those 22,000 lb bombs. I say lets have it.

No it couldn't, lanc was the only plane to use the grand slam. The weights of the B-29 are 133,500 lbs. max. overload and 105,000 lbs. gross weight.

You are thinking of the 12,000lb 'Tarzon' bomb which was a US version of the British 'Tallboy' bomb.  Only 3 b-29's were modified and it wasn't available until after WWII.

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline CanisDFA

• Zinc Member
B29 Super Fort
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2003, 02:50:07 PM »
I would deffinately like to see the B-29 in the skies. And it should be perked, I need something worth spending all those bomber perks on.

No need for anything other than conventional loads though, I think a 22,000 lb. or even a 12,000 lb. bomb is a little overkill for AH.

I like the description of what a nuke would do though, would be interesting to see, not sure that I agree it should be in the game though.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
B29 Super Fort
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2003, 04:30:16 PM »
It should be one of the very last planes modeled in Aces High.(<-period) ;)

Offline JAWS2003

• Nickel Member
B29 Super Fort
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2003, 05:36:57 PM »
B29 was a WW2 bomber, so why not having it.  But there'sno russian bomber at all and the pacific missions are made with Ju-88 and Bf110 playing for Japan. If AH2 is campaign based then how can we make a eastern front a campaign? we have nothing on the russian side for half of the war.

Offline 2Hawks

• Nickel Member
      • http://daniel.clanbaker.com
Not a surprise...
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2003, 05:48:16 PM »
Originally posted by JAWS2003
we have nothing on the russian side for half of the war.

Thats cause Russia only retreated for half the war...

2Hawks

Offline JAWS2003

• Nickel Member
Re: Not a surprise...
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2003, 06:01:14 PM »
Originally posted by 2Hawks
Thats cause Russia only retreated for half the war...

2Hawks

Well i wouldn't like to fly agenst spitfires or C202 or mossy and call them mig-3, rata, or Pe-2.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
B29 Super Fort
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2003, 06:02:15 PM »
Jaws2003 posted:
B29 was a WW2 bomber, so why not having it. But there'sno russian bomber at all and the pacific missions are made with Ju-88 and Bf110 playing for Japan. If AH2 is campaign based then how can we make a eastern front a campaign? we have nothing on the russian side for half of the war.

Ask a question then answer it! Thought processes being put to type as they happen. Very good. :D

There's many more gaps that need filling before the "ever so uber-important nuke-totin B-29" needs modeling. I put the Super Fort at the end of the list because:
  • It pretty much represents the end of the war. By the time it was into regular use in the Pacific ... the air was owned by the Allies (with some rare exceptions here and there).
  • There is no actual equivilant to match against it from the opposing side. Granted, the same could be said for the F4U-4 ... but such a fast, high alt, heavy bomber would lop-side events and in the MA would be what 90% of the milk runners use.
  • As you remarked, there are other planes that would actually enhance not only the design and immersion of events but would give more variety to the MA arena. Planes with strengths in one or more areas that others have deficiencies in. Planes that squadrons who want to emulate their historical counterparts could benefit from.

Seems simple and straightforward enough, I think. That being the case we will continue to see the B-29 "campaign" lumber on since it's about as old as the term "dweeb" in mmp online sims.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
B29 Super Fort
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2003, 07:04:32 PM »
b29...that'l happen when they fix the damage model for tanks

i suppose you think that we should completly get rid of stalls and completly remove the entire notion of "air"

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
B29 Super Fort
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2003, 07:04:42 PM »
should have the liberator too merely on the merits that we produced more of them than any other aircraft.