Author Topic: Iron Maiden  (Read 865 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: Iron Maiden
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 01:09:01 PM »
Yes Maiden still rocks hard.

I saw them a couple years ago and they sounded exactly like they did at my first Maiden concert in the mid 80's.

GREAT band, an they are excellent live.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 01:38:58 PM »
If they aren't playing "Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner" I ain't going!!  ;)

Diablo...they did do 'Mariner' last night as well as 'Hallowed Be Thy Name'
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »
LOL, 5 year old thread...

No 'Women In Uniform'?  What about 'Rainbow's Gold'?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 07:50:30 AM »
They're all a bunch of sods.  Short sods, at that.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 09:45:29 PM »
They've got their own 757 that Bruce pilots from gig to gig.  Short sods or not, I'd say they're doing pretty damn good.

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 05:43:44 PM »
 :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

The greatest Heavy Metal Band of All time (IMO).  Greatly misunderstood, mostly due to their name I would guess.  If you are a musician you can not help but appreciate these guys.  Steve Harris is a god on the bass, Nicko McBrain plays the drums like an octopus. Dave and Adrian compliment each other unlike any other guitar duo I have ever seen, and Bruce, that guy just kicks butt.  I must admit though, I am not a fan of the 3 axe setup, as accomplished as Jannick is.   One of my favorite tracks from them is "Phantom of the Opera" on the Live After Death CD.  I don't think there are many, if any bands that can play live with Maiden.  I haven't seen them live since their 7th son Tour came thru Salt Lake, but they are still my favorite band.  They recently released Live After Death on DVD (which had only been available on VHS for years).  It includes Iron Maiden Behind the Iron Curtain and some great extras. If you are a Maiden fan do yourself a favor and pick it up.

Up the Irons and <<S>>
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 06:34:35 PM »
I never cared for the Maiden.  In high school I associated them with heavy bands that played on devil worship and basically stuck with Yes and Rush....Tull.  Interesting stuff.
A friend from school I had not heard from in ten years called a few weeks back and said he had a Iron Maiden ticket and asked if I would like to go.  Of course out of curiosity I went.

Blown away by this band.  Technically great players, all of them.  Great stage....great show, great sound and damned good songs.  Im digging Iron Maiden now :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 06:40:39 PM »
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 09:26:11 PM »
Maiden played here in D.C. the other night.  I didn't make it to the show but some folks I know said they absolutely brought the rock... one said "best show i've seen in years..."

I'm kicking myself for not going... I was never a huge fan but I appreciated their talent...  :rock

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 09:54:43 PM »
I can't believe that this thread still gets dug up after 5 years....5 YEARS MAN!  lol

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 10:46:26 PM »
INcredible!

maiden ROXXXX@@!!11!1!!!

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 11:35:56 PM »
I can't believe that this thread still gets dug up after 5 years....5 YEARS MAN!  lol

Testament to their fans. Like Yeager said many people associated them with Heavy, Heavy bands like Slayer, Venom etc.  When in fact they are not even as "heavy" as Judas Priest.  Technically they are amazing.  Sorry, I'll stop the ankle humping, just nice to know there are still fans out there.  Wish they would come to SLC so I didnt have to drive to Vegas to see them.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 11:39:53 PM »
<----used to have an original copy of The Soundhouse Tapes brought over by Steve Harris.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 11:53:48 PM »
Testament to their fans. Like Yeager said many people associated them with Heavy, Heavy bands like Slayer, Venom etc.  When in fact they are not even as "heavy" as Judas Priest.  Technically they are amazing.  Sorry, I'll stop the ankle humping, just nice to know there are still fans out there.  Wish they would come to SLC so I didnt have to drive to Vegas to see them.

sold out 3 cities in western canada within 40 minutes of tickets going on sale...nothing like fighting to stay 1 man back from the barricade, 8 feet from steve harris  :rock away to the opening riffs of aces high....