Author Topic: Licenses without photos  (Read 3067 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 04:00:29 AM »
Remind me of the muslim wanting their wife to wear hijab on their ID card ...

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 04:23:01 AM »
Seems she wants the advantages of living in America without the "disadvantages", and the advantages of her own culture without the disadvantages. I think the government needs to stand firm on matters of ID. If the woman were to be granted exemption from giving full ID (inc. photo), other muslims (or people appearing to be muslims) would also have to be allowed exemption, and organisations like Al Qa'eda would be quick to seize an opportunity and turn the situation to their advantage.

It reminds me of a case here many years ago. Since 1976, Britain has had a law requiring motorcyclists to wear a crash helmet. But there was this seikh guy who wanted to ride a moped but also wanted to wear his turban, not a helmet. Because it was a religious issue, and the authorities had their image to consider, the seikh guy got his way.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2003, 05:42:16 AM »
if they have allowed other religous fundys to do what their goofy stupid rules say to then they should allow her to do what her goofy stupid religous rules allow.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2003, 07:01:47 AM »
If shes such a strict muslim what is she doing driving anyway?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 07:19:51 AM by Pooh21 »
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2003, 07:06:10 AM »
want to drive get the photo,  NO photo, then WALK
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2003, 07:40:18 AM »
How does religions differ from any other imaginations, that people have in their minds?

If you have freedom of speech and free thinking, why there is a need for special laws for religions?

Driving licence is a identification card, which purpose is to testify, that the card owner has a licence to drive and the card holder is the card owner. One day this process could be done by other means, than traditional picture and signature, meanwhile suck it and shut up.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2003, 07:45:10 AM »
drivers license is used as an ID not a key to start the car

with a sheet over ones head in the license photo, it's main purpose is defunked.

remove the sheet or get out of the drivers seat, plenty of seats on the bus. good luck writing a check too...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
Licenses without photos
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2003, 07:56:23 AM »
This reminds me of an article I read regarding a blind man (due to diabetes (sp?) with a drivers license.  He was arrested when they caught him swerving in and out of his lane.  His 7 year old son was in the passenger seat steering.

Put up or shut  up.  I say we sue her for frivolous lawsuits costing us taxpayers, money.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2003, 09:52:30 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
hunh?

"descrimination against religon?"

how'd we get from requiring a photo on your drivers license to 'descrimination against religon?

lets all insist on not having picture licenses. wonder how safe life would become for traffic and law encforcement folks in such a situation.

the law is not discriminatory against 'religion'. it descriminates against blind people, the impaired, the incompetent and idiots like ms. saddams third cousin with the mole on her nose as big as venus.

hehe - mole the size of venus.

Well if your religion forbids you to have your image reproduced... like some fundamentalist Christian sects, and the State says you may not use a vehicle on the roads and highways YOUR TAX DOLLARS helped pay for, solely due to your religious belief, then there is descrimination. I'd ask for a refund.

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2003, 10:13:05 AM »
the roads are used by the transportation system that gets the food she buys to the stores she buys from, the books she buys to the bookstores, etc etc.

Its not a right to be able to get a drivers license, and her tax dollars do not go to pay for the road system for the sole purpose of her driving on it.

A drivers license is a form of state ID. If she wants to ever have any kind of legal documents she will have to submit a picture ID, without a veil.

Her religion dont permit it? Well lady, separation of church and state goes both ways. The state gives a cheese about her religious "laws" just like her religion seems to give a cheese about the state's laws.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2003, 11:20:02 AM »
ORLANDO, Fla. - Experts in Islamic law are being called to testify in the lawsuit of a Muslim woman fighting a state order to take off her veil for her driver's license photo.

AP Photo

Sultanna Freeman, 35, says Florida's insistence on photographing her face violates her religious rights.

"I don't unveil ... because it would be disobeying my Lord," Freeman testified Tuesday at the start of her non-jury trial.

Assistant Attorney General Jason Vail argued that having an easily identifiable photo on a driver's license is a matter of public safety.

"It's the primary method of identification in Florida and the nation," Vail said. "I don't think there can be any doubt there is a public safety interest."

Freeman's attorneys argue that state officials didn't care that she wore a veil in her Florida driver's license photo until after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, an allegation the state denies.

"This is about religious liberty. It's about whether this country is going to have religious diversity," said Howard Marks, an attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union (news - web sites) of Florida.

Both sides planned to call experts in Islamic law at the trial, which continues Wednesday. A copy of the Quran has been entered into evidence.

Freeman, a convert to Islam previously known as Sandra Kellar, wore her veil for the photo on the Florida driver's license she obtained after moving to the state in 2001.

Nine months later, she received a letter from the state warning that it would revoke her license unless she returned for a photo with her face uncovered.

Freeman claims her religious beliefs require her to keep her head and face covered out of modesty and that her faith prohibits her face from being photographed.

Easy solution! go back to where you spawned .

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2003, 11:22:01 AM »
Look you come to America.
Then you live and obey our rules!
If you don't like it ?
Then please feel free to leave i for one will not shed a tear on you're departure!!!

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
Licenses without photos
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2003, 11:28:08 AM »
even better, take her to a private room...  and shoot her...

with the camera I mean :)

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2003, 11:30:52 AM »
just what retard in the florida DMV office issued her license with a veil. I wanna go there and get my motorcycle license while wearing my helmet. Im a follower of Chuthuhtlu and my brothers in the Satan's Angels forbid my face from being shown in public.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2003, 12:39:30 PM »
Guess they could put her fingerprint in place of the photo. Add to her license fee the cost of equiping all police a print scanner. They'd also have to stipulate that the license is not good for the purpose of any id other than driving.

More ways than one to skin a cat, and they're all good. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.