Author Topic: Setting Up Stick For Ah  (Read 441 times)

Offline 332_CO_LAKOTA

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/dulknife
Setting Up Stick For Ah
« on: May 26, 2003, 11:39:30 PM »
~S~ ALL! Iam very new to AH and have been mostly playing CFS and now CFS3. I want to get into AH and see if its better then CFS3. I have my stick set up for all the other games but when it comes to AH I cant get my stick set up right for AH.  I have a M.S. Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 stick. My Sys is a AMD 2100+ Pro XP processer, I have a ATI Rageon 128mb 9000 Pro V-Card, a Sound Blaster 5.1 sound card and over a gig of memory, a DVD and a CD burner, and a 120gig HD. Any help or suggestion on this matter will be greatly appreciated. I want to set my stick up for the P-51 Mustang. I am a Pony man and dont fly anything else.    You can E-Mail me at dulknife@hotmail.com   Thank You!:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 11:41:31 PM by 332_CO_LAKOTA »

Offline kanzlr

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.berny.at
Setting Up Stick For Ah
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 05:33:08 AM »
you have to first map your joystick buttons to AH buttons. in the setup menu there is a joystick section. pretty weird imho, when i first tried AH, i also had no clue about it.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Setting Up Stick For Ah
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 05:39:02 AM »
Email me at billj69@btinet.net if you are having troubles.

Be  glad to find a time to get together in the Training arena and walk you through it.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Setting Up Stick For Ah
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »
Clipboard -> Set up -> Joystick -> Flight -> You'll see a column of actions on the left and a column showing buttons on the right.  Along the top is a chart of joystick buttons.  As you press a button, the corresponding square on the chart will darken.  Simply use your mouse to select an action, then press the joystick button you want to use for that action, then click "Apply".

I have 1 button for Primary guns, 1 button for secondary guns, 1 button for firing both.  I use a CH Fighterstick, so I also have view zoom, trim, and flaps mapped to buttons on my stick.

This only works if you're a Rook.  If you're a Knight or a Bishop, then you don't need your guns, flaps, trim, or divebrakes.  You just need to map your throttle to "Full" and have 1 button to release your bombs just before you slam into the airfield hangar or carrier deck.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 09:32:44 AM by gofaster »

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Setting Up Stick For Ah
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 11:44:55 PM »
I have a MS Force Feedback and a CH Pro Throttle.  I have used the Sidewinder products since they came out.  Like the others have said go to the clipboard and enter the setup page.  

I love my CH Pro Throttle in conjunction with the MS stick.  I never have to touch the keyboard unless I am typing messages.  I dont even use the buttons on the base of the joystick.  

It takes a bit to get used to the mapping in AH but once its done it is pretty effective.